**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unit costs and currency variations

Hello @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit ,

I tried to briefly search for a similar topic in the forums but was unable to find one. So here it is.

I have question regarding the purchase of unit costs. I ain't a regular purchaser however it is aggravating to see a cost of an Odin let's say in the UK at £100 when an Odin in USD is $100. In the real world £100=$139 with the current exchange rates.

I have heard similar stories on numerous currencies but haven't had the time to look into carefully to explain further. But you get gist of it.

I find it unfair, as would anyone, being charged (if purchased) a premium of 20-30% on the same material available for everyone.

Obvious solutions are, convert £ into $ and send to a trusted friend/family to purchase it for you but it really shouldn't be the norm.

Any viable solutions or comments on this?

Thanks

Comments

• JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Namo10 wrote: »
    Hello @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit ,

I tried to briefly search for a similar topic in the forums but was unable to find one. So here it is.

I have question regarding the purchase of unit costs. I ain't a regular purchaser however it is aggravating to see a cost of an Odin let's say in the UK at £100 when an Odin in USD is $100. In the real world £100=$139 with the current exchange rates.

I have heard similar stories on numerous currencies but haven't had the time to look into carefully to explain further. But you get gist of it.

I find it unfair, as would anyone, being charged (if purchased) a premium of 20-30% on the same material available for everyone.

Obvious solutions are, convert £ into $ and send to a trusted friend/family to purchase it for you but it really shouldn't be the norm.

Any viable solutions or comments on this?

Thanks

Apple an Google are the ones that deal with the exchange rate an raise the prices accordingly. Kabam set a price an that does not change, however when the price does change its dues to your app store increasing it. In the UK an Odin used to be £80 but after trump got elected it effected the exchange rate causing the price to raise to £100
  • Namo10Namo10 Posts: 28
    I work in finance, very well aware as to how and why currencies fluctuate. Question was about Kabam setting the price really, in your suggested scenario, Kabam can easily instruct Apple or Google to alter the price of an Odin accordingly to make it fair. @Jaffacaked
  • TaKshAkTaKshAk Posts: 5
    I work in finance, very well aware as to how and why currencies fluctuate. Question was about Kabam setting the price really, in your suggested scenario, Kabam can easily instruct Apple or Google to alter the price of an Odin accordingly to make it fair. @Jaffacaked

And let go of the extra 39$? You are from finance backgrounds so you should know better.... Also as per my knowledge Google /apple takes the higher cut in these purchases.. Its 70% Google /apple & 30% kabam....again i can be wrong with the split...
  • Namo10Namo10 Posts: 28
    I am not sure about the split, I think you may be right but that's besides the point. Kabam is who sets the base price, thereafter split happens. @TaKshAk

Wasn't aware that I was addressing a board of directors @TheOneAndOnly but I'll try to be more formal next time. I am pretty certain Apple or Google does not dictate the cost of an Odin, its the 3rd party developer's (Kabam in this case) decision to price their product (units & purchases alike) and hence forecast their financials accordingly.

Can you share what ever was addressed before please?

• JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    op

Lol really. Kabam set the base price of an Odin at $100, that used to convert to £80 for us in the UK. now with the exchange rate that's gone up to £100 but the base price kabam charge has not changed. Apple an Google are the ones who made those adjustments. Why they went up apple the the first ones to raise the price in accordance with the exchange rate, a few days later Google did the same. Kabam are not going to change their price set so the amount stays the same in different countries.

Seriously not sure what kind of finance you are in
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Just to chime in on Canadian and our Odin costs us $140 CDN so yea they do some exchange rates but I guess they do it so they always get $100 USD for each Odin sold
  • MrE6913MrE6913 Posts: 17
    Yeah the Canadian one makes no sense either. The exchange rate is nowhere close to what the unit store or bundles dictate. $39.99 USD does not convert to $69.99 CAD. I don't spend much for that reason alone.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Yea trust me when deals come out and people are like this is an awesome deal for 30 dollars and I look and see it cost me 70 in like wtf now I gotta really think about it
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Someone had mentioned before that some other countries have more fees associated than others, causing the discrepancy.
This discussion has been closed.