**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Regarding the loot box related changes...

beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
Seems like, at least in the USA, loot boxes are considered a risk for society (for their addictive component). And that is the main reason Apple imposed these rules to specify the drop rates. Which is fine, I think that is good.

But this could be the perfect opportunity to implement something that players have wanted for a long time. The possibility to get a specific champion.

Be open minded and indulge me in this:
Crystals acquired by shards no longer random, no longer spinning, no longer crystals!
Just use the shards to go for your desired champ, with a 50% cost decrease on the second purchase (i.g: 15k for Blade if you don't have it, 10k for second Blade the second time around).
Crystals would no longer be purchased with units. You can, however, get them from completing content (whole crystals), and those would be totally random, perhaps with better drop rates.

Everyone would have the god tier champs? Yes.
Would we have a healthier environment that would prevent the player base from falling into financial ruin? Also, yes.
No one would have the trash tier champs? Most likely they would get them from a random crystal.

They could make it more interesting by raising the cost of shards for new champions.

Of course they could also sell exclusive champions in the unit store. No gambling there, you get what you want.

In other words, it would be great to remove the gambling aspect from this game, completely and change how shards and crystal work so we can have a healthier hobby.

Another idea, could be getting shards for a specific champion (like TMNT Legends used to have), Let's say you need 20 Blade pieces to form one. And those can go to your item storage. Once you collect all the pieces, a new champion is formed. And you could get these pieces randomly playing quests and arenas.

So let me know what other ideas, suggestions or corrections you would make to the game to take the gambling out of it. I know this will not be popular, as people like to have a rare champion, but diversity would still be there, so it will not depend so much on luck, but on strategy.

Comments

• NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Honestly I don't like this Idea, mainly because I like the RNG Factor to the game
  • Yea... and they didn't even show what's in the crystals % wise. They said generic 100% for a 4* not what 4* ECT.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Yea... and they didn't even show what's in the crystals % wise. They said generic 100% for a 4* not what 4* ECT.

They said on here a few times that each champ has the same drop rate
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    sometimes I try to ignore posts like this. Then I think "what if kabam doesnt see enough people are against this idea?"

fyi I am against this idea

no participation trophies
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Jordan128 wrote: »
    Would we have a healthier environment that would prevent the player base from falling into financial ruin? Also, yes.

i.e profit margins would plummet for Kabam. :D

Never gona happen.

They can always come up with offers that do not rely on gambling. For instance, Alliances nowadays need boosts and potions to play, so there is another thing to sell to players. in fact, that is already in the store.
    I understand that for some, this would change the game completely, but the alternative would be to not be able to play this game at all. You can read more about this, right here:
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/19/16783136/loot-boxes-video-games-gambling-legal
    I understand that for some, this would change the game completely, but the alternative would be to not be able to play this game at all. You can read more about this, right here:
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/19/16783136/loot-boxes-video-games-gambling-legal

or. the alternative could be to make governing laws around it. Lets be real, its already too much of an industry just to outright ban. They'll regulate it. and the amount of money kabam makes is more than enough to help them build around any legislature
  • imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    Why do you think removing RNG is a good idea?

Let's see how would it play out, shall we?

1) Top alliances will go hard at acquiring a list of specific god tire champion, like they always do. Currently 4-6 players have holy trinity on AW attack, with this idea, it will be all 10. AW defense will be filled with god tier defenders. Sounds awesome right? AW so much fun

2) Mid tire and low tire alliances will try their best to get in the game but will fail miserably because by the time all 10 member have holy trinity for their attack, game has moved on and has new god tire champs and top alliances have them also now.

3) Whales will stop buying as many crystals because they no longer need to and that means no money for Kabam (like they really gonna let that happen) or like you said - "Of course they could also sell exclusive champions in the unit store. No gambling there, you get what you want." <-- now that will results in top alliances getting all brand new champs right away and F2P will struggle
    imnoone wrote: »
    Why do you think removing RNG is a good idea?

Let's see how would it play out, shall we?

1) Top alliances will go hard at acquiring a list of specific god tire champion, like they always do. Currently 4-6 players have holy trinity on AW attack, with this idea, it will be all 10. AW defense will be filled with god tier defenders. Sounds awesome right? AW so much fun

2) Mid tire and low tire alliances will try their best to get in the game but will fail miserably because by the time all 10 member have holy trinity for their attack, game has moved on and has new god tire champs and top alliances have them also now.

3) Whales will stop buying as many crystals because they no longer need to and that means no money for Kabam (like they really gonna let that happen) or like you said - "Of course they could also sell exclusive champions in the unit store. No gambling there, you get what you want." <-- now that will results in top alliances getting all brand new champs right away and F2P will struggle

What you are saying is already happening. Except for the last bit. Top alliances are not all whales. And right now we rarely see a specific champion offer. But points 1 and 2... that has been the case since AW was introduced.
    Primmer79 wrote: »

or. the alternative could be to make governing laws around it. Lets be real, its already too much of an industry just to outright ban. They'll regulate it. and the amount of money kabam makes is more than enough to help them build around any legislature

I could see that happening in the US, but not in every country. So they could easily ban the game in Europe and Australia (to start), until the issue becomes part of the conversation on every country.

Kabam's player base is very global to lose that many players/customers.

I could see that happening in the US, but not in every country. So they could easily ban the game in Europe and Australia (to start), until the issue becomes part of the conversation on every country.

yeah... I don't see loot boxes being banned in europe or australia either

Oh I can totally see Europe banning loot boxes, because there are precedents. GMOs come to mind as one of the big differences in lawmaking between Europe and the US. Some countries are less likely to succumb to corruption, and more interested in protecting their people. Gambling is a sensitive issue, and it shouldn't condition young minds.

So, if I were Kabam, I would try hard to rely less and less in gambling. Otherwise they will become the next Battlefront II. You know, lay low. The Grandmaster Featured Crystal is very much the opposite of that.

Oh I can totally see Europe banning loot boxes, because there are precedents. GMOs come to mind as one of the big differences in lawmaking between Europe and the US. Some countries are less likely to succumb to corruption, and more interested in protecting their people. Gambling is a sensitive issue, and it shouldn't condition young minds.

So, if I were Kabam, I would try hard to rely less and less in gambling. Otherwise they will become the next Battlefront II. You know, lay low. The Grandmaster Featured Crystal is very much the opposite of that.

I would suggest you do some research into 'precedent' for gambling in the liberal european countries vs the conservative countries. even in the conservative countries (monaco), they understand the lure of it for profit's sake from tourists. I doubt its ever banned from the liberal ones, i.e. UK. Itll just get regulated to earn the country profit

I would suggest you do some research into 'precedent' for gambling in the liberal european countries vs the conservative countries. even in the conservative countries (monaco), they understand the lure of it for profit's sake from tourists. I doubt its ever banned from the liberal ones, i.e. UK. Itll just get regulated to earn the country profit

Well, as far as I know about this subject. In most countries, including the US, it is being discussed and it was mostly decided that the industry should self-regulate, before it goes further.

Hence, my post. If they want to be proud of their product, they could start going into a "non-gambling" direction. I am not sure why you said participation trophy. But going for a clear goal and achieving it is not a bad thing. It certainly is better than saving for something and get screwed by chance. Isn't it?
    Video Games are not supposed to be games of chance. MCOC has skill and chance, and that is why it is still redeemable. They can remove the gambling and it will not affect the people that are genuinely skilled at it.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    So you’d want us to go collect 20 blade gems to get blade but it’d take over 1000 crystals to get that many so the same thing just worse

Or you want a whole redesign of the game
    Piviot wrote: »
    So you’d want us to go collect 20 blade gems to get blade but it’d take over 1000 crystals to get that many so the same thing just worse

Or you want a whole redesign of the game

Well I am not Kabam, so I am not sure which game mechanic would fit them the most. I think they will need to redesign some game mechanics to remove the gambling.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    They’d need to redesign the whole game