**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Five Star Awakening Gem Suggestion

DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
edited March 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
Can we get some kind of 5* awakening gem offer in the near future? Last year we had one offer in July. Since then the 5* champion pool has increased a lot, and 5* champion shards are much easier to earn. Despite these things it still takes forever to dupe 5* champions.

In addition, it would be awesome if players had the option to trade in two of the same 5* class awakening gems for a 5* class awakening gem of their choice.

Comments

• Cosmic_Ray13Cosmic_Ray13 Posts: 302
    interesting...
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Now that the featured 5* crystal is gone (along with its 20% chance) it has become increasingly difficult to dupe a 5*. There should be a balance to offset the 19.2% reduction in acquiring a specific 5*.

I also believe with all the Blade discussions, if you give players a chance to awaken the champs they have (perhaps not Blade) they will have more options since a lot of the lesser champs NEED to be awakened to be near the same tier as Blade.

Bottom line, 5* awakening gems need to be more available! Along with T1 alphas!
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    that's not the bottom line...sorry. but they are supposed to be difficult to obtain. just like 4* awakening gems.

I would like them to offer 5* awakening gem deals every so often. but to everyone not just a few handpicked people

I do agree with you, more alphas, more gold. More rank up materials. the in game cost of living has sky rocketed and they need to address this.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    that's not the bottom line...sorry. but they are supposed to be difficult to obtain. just like 4* awakening gems.

I would like them to offer 5* awakening gem deals every so often. but to everyone not just a few handpicked people

I do agree with you, more alphas, more gold. More rank up materials. the in game cost of living has sky rocketed and they need to address this.

Not sure I follow your logic. 4* awakening gems are less coveted because 4* champions are immensely easier to awaken from duplicate crystal pulls. 4* champions are also reasonably easy to acquire in arena. My suggestion was for a 5* awakening gem offer that would be offered to everyone, I don't see where anyone suggested a 5* awakening gem offer for only a few handpicked people. Additionally, there are other threads to comment on the "game cost of living".

I have 102 four star champions, 17 are unduped. Compare that to 31 five star champions, 26 are unduped, and that's with using a generic awakening gem on Star Lord and having 3 cosmic awakening gems in storage. The only 5* cosmic champion who is currently worth using my gems on (with my roster) is Medusa. Hyperion's sig ability is bonus but not needed, same for Hela, Drax and Captain Marvel wouldn't improve my roster, and King Groot's AW defense utility isn't effective against champions who have mystic dispersion.

@Star_Lord_ has a great point, players having more than four in-game options to awaken 5* champions (5.3 exploration, 5.4 exploration, LOL completion, LOL exploration) could help decrease player complaints about certain champions being OP. But hey, maybe companies enjoy dealing with massive floods of complaints.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    mum_m2 wrote: »

Not sure I follow your logic. 4* awakening gems are less coveted because 4* champions are immensely easier to awaken from duplicate crystal pulls. 4* champions are also reasonably easy to acquire in arena. My suggestion was for a 5* awakening gem offer that would be offered to everyone, I don't see where anyone suggested a 5* awakening gem offer for only a few handpicked people. Additionally, there are other threads to comment on the "game cost of living".

I have 102 four star champions, 17 are unduped. Compare that to 31 five star champions, 26 are unduped, and that's with using a generic awakening gem on Star Lord and having 3 cosmic awakening gems in storage. The only 5* cosmic champion who is currently worth using my gems on (with my roster) is Medusa. Hyperion's sig ability is bonus but not needed, same for Hela, Drax and Captain Marvel wouldn't improve my roster, and King Groot's AW defense utility isn't effective against champions who have mystic dispersion.

@Star_Lord_ has a great point, players having more than four in-game options to awaken 5* champions (5.3 exploration, 5.4 exploration, LOL completion, LOL exploration) could help decrease player complaints about certain champions being OP. But hey, maybe companies enjoy dealing with massive floods of complaints.

wait.... you have a (3! edit) 5* cosmic gem AND Medusa and you haven't used it yet?
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    wait.... you have a (3! edit) 5* cosmic gem AND Medusa and you haven't used it yet?

Hahaha wrote that down wrong. I have Groot Venom Ronan Phoenix. Medusa is the only cosmic champion I would use a cosmic awakening gems on without hesitation.

• Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    I agree they should be rare, but since the percentage of duping a featured 5* has declined from 20% to 1%, there should be a balance to that...for all summoners.

Also since the pool has drastically increase everyone has less chance of a dupe.