**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

5* R5 or 6* R2

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,137 ★★★★★
Now that Kabam FINALLY released T5B catalysts this year how many people have been or are planning to take a 5* champ to R5 finally, and how many are just going to skip max ranking those 5* champs you've been waiting on for so long because now 6* champs are in the game?

It does suck quite a bit because I don't know when I'll ever see the full potential of my 5* champs since I just recently pulled a 6* Yondu and will be taking him to R2 next month after the monthly Uncollected event.

I wish Kabam would have done 1 of 2 things:
  1. Release T5B into the game alot earlier than this Winter.
  2. Push back 6* champs to release this summer.

Now ideally we got the chance to have a roster of both maxed 5* champs and 6* champs but I don't imagine we'll see a whole lot of chances to get T5B in the future considering how much of a Unicorn T4B was throughout most of the Contest.

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I think for many people, the r5 5* is more important. I have yondu too and I chose a r5 first, because its blade. Yondu may be one of the few 6* worth it unduped at this point
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,137 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Yeah if I had most of the other 6* champs I wouldn't bother because in the case of Daredevil, Juggernaut, Deadpool X, etc. they all need the dup to be great and you're looking at a long wait before duping them. Champs like Yondu, Angela, Nebula etc from the 6* pool are very much worth using without the dup.

Yondu is such an awesome swiss army type champ between AW defense, attack damage, bleed damage, bleed or armor break through blocks, armor break and steal, heal block, ramped up sp2 HUGE damage, etc. But then I also have an R4 Gwenpool and Hulk looking at me with love in their eyes that will also wreck as R5 champs....
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I think given the choice I would rank 5 gwenpool, and you might get more use out of her. Only reason I'm not taking a hard stance on that is because its yondu.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    If you get a 6* Angela then r2 her anyone else is It stick with a r5 5*
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    @Chovner did you end up R2ing your Yondu?
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    None of the 6* offer any of the unique abilities. GT 5* are gonna help you more now. Like Angelina is great (actually the 6* I have) but she’s no good in war. Since war is my main focus I have better options in 5* blade or medusa because they make a difference for war. Atleast that’s my direction right now. If a r3 or 4 6* was possible you would probably want to be thinking more about them, but they are ages from being a possibility, even when t5c drops its gonna be so ridiculously stingy you won’t get any at all outside of top 300 alliances.
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,137 ★★★★★
    JC_ wrote: »
    @Chovner did you end up R2ing your Yondu?
    @JC_ No I decided to hold off because I've since pulled 5* Stark Spidey, then awakened him, 5* Arch Angel, 5* Gwenpool adn 5* Hyperion then awakened.... So those GOD tiered 5* champs are tempting to give the R5 treatment. Additionally, I'm at 15k 6* shards now and decided it would be best to see the next batch of 6* featured champs and possible get someone better than Yondu.