**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Availability of 5* awakening gems?

Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
Since more and more 5*s are being added, it is becoming harder for awakening our 5 star champs. The only gems available right now in the game are from LoL, and that requires a HELL lot of spending. After 12.0, 1 was given to 200k+rated players only, and not all the players because Kabam logic! (People with higher prestige who had sold the useless 2 and 3*s got screwed here)
Dimensional rifts were good, but looks like they won't be back anytime soon.
So atleast make some new quests with the event quests like rifts, so that we atleast have a CHANCE to get an awakening gem for our 5*s.

Comments

• KML15KML15 Posts: 139
    My PI was at 197k when the 5* awakening gems were distributed. I had a 5200 prestige at the time....
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    KML15 wrote: »
    My PI was at 197k when the 5* awakening gems were distributed. I had a 5200 prestige at the time....

If they'd done it on prestige then people who don't get t4c will complain and someone would use the total rating argument. I think that the best way to have done it is number of 5*, that would have actually shown which players deserved 5* gems. I know players over 200k with 3 5*. I know players under 150k with 15 5*
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    KML15 wrote: »

If they'd done it on prestige then people who don't get t4c will complain and someone would use the total rating argument. I think that the best way to have done it is number of 5*, that would have actually shown which players deserved 5* gems. I know players over 200k with 3 5*. I know players under 150k with 15 5*

That would have been a good idea
  • KML15KML15 Posts: 139
    Or they just could have gave a 4 and 5* gem to everyone lol
  • VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    Here-here.

I never post... but sell us a 5 star awakening gem already.

You encourage us to spend on featured 5 star champs with no hope to awaken them in the mid to long term. If we do LOL, we get OG Ultron, so the only awakening gem we get a shot at is obviously going to him.

Not cool.
  • I have 13, 5 stars and 0 duplicates, which is ridicoulous, and with more 5 stars added, unlikely going to get dup anytime soon. Game being designed so 5 stars taking over, so we need ability to awaken them or game going to get even more unfun than kabam already making it very quick. I already sold off all my 3 stars and half my 4 stars recently because so bored with game lately, likely just gonna sell myself out of game soon if kabam does start doing something decent soon.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Vavasour wrote: »
    Here-here.
    If we do LOL, we get OG Ultron, so the only awakening gem we get a shot at is obviously going to him.

Not cool.

No no no...... he sucks lol
    X_Scott wrote: »
    Vavasour wrote: »
    Here-here.
    If we do LOL, we get OG Ultron, so the only awakening gem we get a shot at is obviously going to him.

Not cool.

No no no...... he sucks lol

I could use it on Nebula, does that make more sense?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I like the idea of 5* arenas...
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    The real question is when 5 star ags are inevitably added how much would you pay for one and how much will they ask. I'm guessing 1 will be in the 100 dollar range... prolly more though
  • hero3hero3 Posts: 112
    I have 13, 5 stars and 0 duplicates, which is ridicoulous, and with more 5 stars added, unlikely going to get dup anytime soon. Game being designed so 5 stars taking over, so we need ability to awaken them or game going to get even more unfun than kabam already making it very quick. I already sold off all my 3 stars and half my 4 stars recently because so bored with game lately, likely just gonna sell myself out of game soon if kabam does start doing something decent soon.

thats cool dude. your T4 arena will be so easyyy and fast..
    I only have 5 and 3 of them are dupes :/
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    IMO, the best option atm is to include rifts-like events with every monthly event quest, that way atleast we have a CHANCE to get those gems. A very slim one but still.
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Kabam, you are making it very easy for us not to spend any money! You either offer outrageous "deals" obviously aimed at the whales, or junk offers we don't need. There have been multiple posts asking for both 4* & 5* awakening gems, yet zero offers.

No we all know "these offers are not for everyone...blah blah" but everyone, from the whales down to the noobs can use awakening gems. Please offer these at a reasonable price.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    edited June 2017
    DReckoning wrote: »
    expect $500 for 5* awakening gems :D

I think that's about right for a class gem crystal. Would still make it more expensive than running one lane of LOL for most players. When they do release an offer for 5* awakening Crystal, don't expect a lower price. And you won't see an offer for a generic for a LONG time.

Edit: this is based on the market established within the game, I don't think any items should have a value even close to $500 in this or any video game.
    edited June 2017
    Another way to look at it though is if there was an awakening gem deal, THEN I would give LOL a try. I have enough basic cats, class cats, and alphas to bring my Starlord to a 4/55. Without an awakening gem I am not going to take him to a 4/55 and will not try LOL.

This is true for several other alliance mates as well as those who do not want to try LOL but is waiting on that one dupe they are waiting for.
  • PonyboyPonyboy Posts: 122
    Lower the shard price down to 5k. Only makes sense
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    Mikeself9 wrote: »
    DReckoning wrote: »

I think that's about right for a class gem crystal. Would still make it more expensive than running one lane of LOL for most players. When they do release an offer for 5* awakening Crystal, don't expect a lower price. And you won't see an offer for a generic for a LONG time.

Edit: this is based on the market established within the game, I don't think any items should have a value even close to $500 in this or any video game.

I'm very uncomfortable about high value items like that as well in F2P games. But if I'm being objective, there isn't very much fundamental difference between a company that bleeds its whales with $500 items and a company that pushes everyone to buy dozens of $20 items. Money is money, however it is squeezed out of the players. The law of unintended consequences says if we compel game operators to reduce the price of its items, it will try to sell more of the cheaper ones, and that can be worse because when a larger percentage of the playerbase is buying stuff, it puts more pressure on the rest to try to keep up than it does if it is just a few whales. I don't care what the top 100 players do; they don't significantly impact my game. I do care what the top 100,000 players do, because they very much impact my game experience.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Have it as a permanent item in the crystal store, 10,000 units or something like that. There's a limit of one purchase per account and in the crystal it only has generic 5* awakening gems. That way people can spend money on units or save up for the long game
  • SpideySpidey Posts: 45
    Seriously. I missed out on 5* awakening gem a few months ago because I was below 200k. Would be awesome to either buy this gem or have it available to earn it.
  • GreatScottGreatScott Posts: 106
    I know you all talking about bad luck on 5* pulls I've had my share of those....but, I want to talk about why I've opened 4 4* Abominations from 4* hero shard crystals. I've opened 6 total over the last month and 4 were Abomination. That's just crazy. I know they say who you get is just a matter of "luck", but I refuse to believe that! They definitely have some kind of method behind the crystals that favors certain champions for certain players. Where the spinning doesn't really matter you don't really have a shot at getting any of those champions it's all predetermined, yet why give you the same champion over and over again?
    GreatScott wrote: »
    I know you all talking about bad luck on 5* pulls I've had my share of those....but, I want to talk about why I've opened 4 4* Abominations from 4* hero shard crystals. I've opened 6 total over the last month and 4 were Abomination. That's just crazy. I know they say who you get is just a matter of "luck", but I refuse to believe that! They definitely have some kind of method behind the crystals that favors certain champions for certain players. Where the spinning doesn't really matter you don't really have a shot at getting any of those champions it's all predetermined, yet why give you the same champion over and over again?

Tell me about it. I have the "old character curse" : I am unable to pull a character that was added this year. Yes year. My most recent was captain marvel, then there were the 3 straight Netflix daredevils in a row!
  • chaos3430chaos3430 Posts: 126
    I have zero dupes. I have got:
    Drax
    Iron Man
    Iron Patriot
    Hawkeye
    Yellow Jacket
    Spiderman
    Rhino
    Iron Fist

I received the awakening crystal and got one for Mutant, notice the one class I can't get? So I have a lot of generic and class signature stones taking up space in my inventory and I have not been able to use a single one in two years of playing.
  • DReckoning wrote: »

Didnt they offer a 5* Class AG crystal for £99.99 last year?
    edited June 2017
    If they did, it's time to do it again. Seriously.
  • Antgeo1Antgeo1 Posts: 120
    There seems to be a lot of threads about awakening gems. This should be good information for Kabam to absorb and make happen, especially during summoner appreciation month.
  • DNADNA Posts: 16
    A $200 price tag would be just right for the majority of high end players to purchase a 5* awakening