**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What did you believe when you started this game??

rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
I joined this game in Nov'17 and believed that -

1) Tapping as fast as I could, will make my champs hit faster and harder. (I started the game 2 years ago but quit after tutorial, so basically forgot how to fight)
2) When people said Sparky, they meant Gwenpool. (because she sparkles!!)
3) Guillotine and Gwenpool were the best/top champs.
4) LOL should be available as I am sure I can do it. (Still stuck on Ch 4 of RTTL)
5) I will never be able to get a 5 star.

What did you believe? Did you evolve fast or did you believe something for several months?

Comments

• DingaloDingalo Posts: 355
    1) I started before gwenpool was introduced and people kept saying SW was just too good.
    2) when i pulled that first crystal and got a spidey i thought i won the jackpot (he is my favourite marvel character lol)
    3) i was all about smashing my phone screen and failing miserably lol. Quit the game for around a year, came back, joined my first alliance and people started telling me about parry and dexterity... since then, game changer and i love the game lmao. its around 3 years since my first account!
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I believed parry was not necessary and a complete waste of mastery points. Hell I even beat RoL without parry.
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    I was playing with character coolness vs their effects. I have never been a gamer, and wanted to play this because I love Marvel the last 10 years. I first started 2 years ago and didn't know about masteries. I never did Arena, or catalyst quests, etc, only story mode. I got bored and was done. I started up again November 2017, and now I have been watching Seatin and others and take the game more seriously and now do everything.
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    I believed parry was not necessary and a complete waste of mastery points. Hell I even beat RoL without parry.

That's impressive lol where's the video proof? LOL
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    IronFist34 wrote: »
    Shrimkins wrote: »

That's impressive lol where's the video proof? LOL

Sadly no video proof. But I did it all with a perfect block team and a 4/40 DS. Game was much different way back then...
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    When I first started I pulled a 3* Ronan. Battled my way to Thanos in Act 3, still didn't have a 4* and Thanos was extremely difficult. When Act 4 came out I thought I would never be able to beat it. Lol Now I have 2 R4 5* and have completed Act 5 (Not 100% yet, but one time through)
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I used to believe that Dr. Strange was one of the best characters in the game. I used to believe he had decent heals.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    I used to believe that Dr. Strange was one of the best characters in the game. I used to believe he had decent heals.

He was before 12.0

😂😂
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    I believed I would still have time for myself
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    I believed there would be real time online fights and after all this time it still has not even been tested yet. I believed it would change the game in a good way.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Another thing I believed was that this is going to be a regular character collection game but was quite impressed with the fighting and depth to combat/masteries.
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    I believed there would be real time online fights and after all this time it still has not even been tested yet. I believed it would change the game in a good way.

It just sounds like the worst game mode you can imagine for this game.
    If you are against a player live, what will you do in the fight ? Rush him and get parried ? Yeah have fun with both players standing in their side of the screen
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    I believed that children are our future....teach them well and let them lead the way...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I started almost 2 and a half years ago. It came up in my Suggested Apps and I thought I would try it out. Lol. I grew fast, and was Top Officer in 2 months. Was Ranking in the Arenas, and progressing nicely. Then I changed how I play and decided to help people instead of being so competitive.
    No one told me about Brackets. I remember trying to keep a Streak with pre-nerf WP. I remember beating Thanos after what seemed to be forever, with a 3* UC and no Parry or Dex. My first 4* was like gold, and a 5* was unimaginable. Lol. War didn't exist then. It was a very different time, my children. Lol :P
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    I remember believing whoever was in the "Top Prizes" of the crystal opening section (which i now know to be the newest champions released into the PHC) were the best champions. Therefore, I prayed to every deity that I knew that I would pull a:
    Karnak
    Loki
    or Civil Warrior.
    How mistaken I was lol.
    I also thought that using units to refresh in the lowest arena was worth it. What else was I going to use units for anyway???
    And finally, I thought that pre 12.0 Thor sucked. Back then, when I just started, I found the most efficient method of killing people was to spam heavy attack. And since Thor had a short heavy attack (still does) after spamming one or two, I'd always take hits and die. I'm a dumb donkey, for sure.
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    Jestress wrote: »
    I believed that I was fighting people in the arena in real time and that everyone was a noob.

Then I realized I was the noob.

I believe the same and didn’t even know you could change the arena matchup order until months later when i accidentally change it. I was fighting all the class disadvantages and poor matchups like a real noob. 😂
  • Batpotter1Batpotter1 Posts: 348
    @Jestress I thought the same thing.
  • Batpotter1Batpotter1 Posts: 348
    But turns out we were wrong😥
  • NorthwestbrosefNorthwestbrosef Posts: 156
    I believed 1.5 million points in arena was ridiculous and no one could possibly have the free time to do it. Now that's two quick run throughs.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    I believed I could fly. I believed I could touch the sky. Think about it every night and day, spread my wings and fly away.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I believed I could fly. I believed I could touch the sky. Think about it every night and day, spread my wings and fly away.

I believed I could soar. Saw me running through that open dooooooooor.