**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW Manipulation Condoned

DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
What’s the reason that all but one tier 1 AW alliance who reported difficulties with finding matchups had their concerns shut down? Why is it acceptable for an inflated war rating caused by avoiding matchups with other top war rated alliances for years by only trying to find matchups after other top war rated alliances founds matchups to qualify that alliance for rewards they haven’t earned?

The lesson here is avoid the best of the best for years, then when you have trouble playing the best of the best because you can’t hide anymore, raise objectives and you will receive rewards you have not earned. I’m unable to see how this benefits the player community as a whole, the message here is actions do not have consequences.

This post has followed all forum rules and has not called out any specific player or alliance. Please try to keep the comments constructive so it has a chance to contribute something positive to the player community.

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    zero7 wrote: »
    i missed it, what objections were raised, and what rewards were received?

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/51407/regarding-alliance-wars-matchmaking#latest
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    The issue addressed was because the Ally started Matchmaking as soon as they could and could not find a Match at all. Unfortunately, while unfair, there are no rules currently against when an Ally chooses to Match. Adora already addressed this and said it was legit, and that they started Matching as soon as they could, otherwise they wouldn't be taking action. There may be other issues, but they don't relate to the situation that was addressed.
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    Umm scroll up @GroundedWisdom we did the same thing but get nothing.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    No, Kabam has addressed that inactive alliances such as shells don’t hold spots in the tiers even if they have a high war rating. They never said what counts as inactive but I’m sure missing a week or 2 of wars would count as inactive
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    The issue addressed was because the Ally started Matchmaking as soon as they could and could not find a Match at all. Unfortunately, while unfair, there are no rules currently against when an Ally chooses to Match. Adora already addressed this and said it was legit, and that they started Matching as soon as they could, otherwise they wouldn't be taking action. There may be other issues, but they don't relate to the situation that was addressed.

this was not just with them. and it was reported by others. Don't speak on others behalf

You’re missing the point. An inflated war rating is understandable if that alliance ran 3 wars per week and didn’t intentionally avoid other top war rated alliances. It’s common knowledge among veteran and top war alliance players that this alliance ran 2 wars per week and intentionally sought matches after other top war rated alliances had already been matched. Again, the lesson here is actions do not have consequences. If you cause your alliance war rating to be inflated by intentionally avoiding certain opponents and only running 2 wars a week for 1-2 years, you should deal with the consequences accordingly.

You're compounding issues here. I don't disagree that those things are wrong, but if it's within the rules, there's nothing that can be done. It would take changing them to address them.
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    No, Kabam has addressed that inactive alliances such as shells don’t hold spots in the tiers even if they have a high war rating. They never said what counts as inactive but I’m sure missing a week or 2 of wars would count as inactive

That would be awesome, if that’s the case I missed that announcement. It’s unfortunate that that was the least important point made on in this thread, it would be great to hear reasonable answers about the other points made.
    Primmer79 wrote: »

this was not just with them. and it was reported by others. Don't speak on others behalf

Sometimes it takes longer, and that's not what happened. The Ally started searching the second Matchmaking opened, and it ended without them finding a Match. Not that they had to wait longer. They didn't find a Match the entire time Matchmaking was opened. This is becoming a springboard for other issues.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/53916/aw-matching#latest
    edited March 2018
    You're compounding issues here. I don't disagree that those things are wrong, but if it's within the rules, there's nothing that can be done. It would take changing them to address them.

You’re still missing the point. Other alliances had the exact same issue as the alliance described in the above hyperlink. All of the other alliances had their requests denied. It’s more constructive to the player community when threads are addressed in their entirety, focusing on only one or two points made distracts people from the overall message.

Sometimes it takes longer, and that's not what happened. The Ally started searching the second Matchmaking opened, and it ended without them finding a Match. Not that they had to wait longer. They didn't find a Match the entire time Matchmaking was opened. This is becoming a springboard for other issues.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/53916/aw-matching#latest

This isnt about waiting. The one I know for a fact, they searched right away, and got a match several hours later. The match time was not as long as this alliance's, but the match time then put their second search later, and their third search time an hour before cutoff, and they didnt find a third match. so by having those longer match times, they didnt find a third match.

"it took hours more to find an Alliance to match with."

Directly from their post. not that it ended. that it took hours more to find an alliance to match with
    Was it the exact same issue? Did they not Match in the 5 days it was open, or was it just longer and meant less Wars? Totally different situations. It takes longer sometimes. They did what they could to speed up the Matchmaking. This situation meant the Ally didn't find a Match in the entire time Matchmaking was open. Big difference.
    Was it the exact same issue? Did they not Match in the 5 days it was open, or was it just longer and meant less Wars? Totally different situations. It takes longer sometimes. They did what they could to speed up the Matchmaking. This situation meant the Ally didn't find a Match in the entire time Matchmaking was open. Big difference.

Do you play in a tier 1-3 AW alliance, or do you know players who have for some time? Not trying to put you on the defensive here, I’m asking questions to try to understand where you’re coming from. Making comments and assumptions based on secondary sources can lead to misunderstandings and inaccurate perspectives. It is generally much easier to offer opinions on what others say rather than consider multiple points of view that differ from our own because learning that our own perspectives are invalid is not something enjoyable to consider.

Multiple players have made comments with primary sources that confirm other alliances have missed out on AW matchups. An exception should apply to all alliances who missed out on AW matchups for the reason that was detailed by moderators.
    They addressed all situations. Which is why they sped up the Matchmaking process. This was the only case where they couldn't Match at all. Would people feel it was that unfair if the Ally was mid-Tier, or would they not care? I'm willing to bet they wouldn't care. This whole competitive hunger has people so focused on everyone else that it's becoming a bit extreme. If they were doing something unfair, it wouldn't have been dealt with. The other Allies at least had the chance to Fight. They did not.
    @GroundedWisdom Can you address my responses? Continuing to post while ignoring others’ points risks getting threads closed down for being off task.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    I believe what they have done here sets a whaley good precedent. It whaley makes me think twice about how things work around here.
    Kabam you have done a whaley good job here. Whether or not you believe you are correct and have whaley done the right thing, you have whaley caused alot of issues. There were some people that long believed you treat the whales differently to the bulk of your player place. Now you have whaley extended that to a larger portion of your playerbase.
    It is not cool.
    Makes me think that if i open my wallet i will get everything i want in the game....
    But behaviour like this makes me want to close my wallet even tighter....
    @GroundedWisdom Can you address my responses? Continuing to post while ignoring others’ points risks getting threads closed down for being off task.

What shuts Threads down is calling people out with their experience. We're discussing a topic. Not what Tier I'm in.
    For that matter, if it's shut down, it's because the Moderator has already addressed the topic, and all this is doing is creating non-constructive conspiracy. I tried to explain the situation, but it's obvious people are just convinced it's not fair, so have at it.
    What shuts Threads down is calling people out with their experience. We're discussing a topic. Not what Tier I'm in.

Trying to accomplish what I said in the OP by keeping this thread constructive. Players other than myself have provided evidence with specific details that are worth considering and further discussing. If that evidence is not disproved it’s more than likely relevant to this thread’s topic.
This discussion has been closed.