**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

6-Star Featured Hero Crystal Discussion Thread

Comments

• CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    xfbaa93lyjry.jpeg

Really?
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    I don’t get it, you said that you changed the 5* featured Cristal to help us dupe champions, since the pool of the 5* has grown big

Yet you serve us the same cristals with 6*, and what is the reason for that ? The pool is too big ? We get easily shards ?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    TKal wrote: »
    I don’t get it, you said that you changed the 5* featured Cristal to help us dupe champions, since the pool of the 5* has grown big

Yet you serve us the same cristals with 6*, and what is the reason for that ? The pool is too big ? We get easily shards ?

Because they don't want to release everyone as a 6-star at once. The same happened to the 5-star crystal when first released
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    I don't mind that much only because even a free to play player such as myself at uncollected level can get enough for one in about 3 and a half months and these guys are actually decent for a first pool.
  • still 0 god tiers
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    What 6* champs are considered good options for LoL?
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    What 6* champs are considered good options for LoL?

Sentry Lmao 😂😂😂
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    How much will a 6* shards monthly or 1x purchase cost?
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    It's really disappointing to hear this announcement. Most players expected a slow drip of 6*s being added to the pool, just like the original 5* pool. We thought our 5*s had more time for use.

The fact that there are 6 star champions like Gulk, Morningstar, and Void in the new feature crystals tells us that the march towards 6*s is coming and it's coming fast.

It also implies that there may be some very good if not God Tier champions to be added to the basic pool of the next 6* feature crystal, and it also implies that 6* Features Grandmaster Crystals are on the horizon as well.

This couldn't be any worse for 5 stars. In my opinion, depending on your account there's no sense to investing Tier 2 Alphas into 5*s anymore when their 6* counterpart can, and most likely will, be added to the 6* crystal relatively very soon.

Taking 5 stars to rank 5 doesn't seem worth it either when a rank 2 6* will beat those stats by a noticeable margin. 5's are basically being replaced by 6's now. All that work this past year to hoard shards for awesome 5* pulls were in hindsight a giant waste of time.

I didn't like this news.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    It's really disappointing to hear this announcement. Most players expected a slow drip of 6*s being added to the pool, just like the original 5* pool. We thought our 5*s had more time for use.

The fact that there are 6 star champions like Gulk, Morningstar, and Void in the new feature crystals tells us that the march towards 6*s is coming and it's coming fast.

It also implies that there may be some very good if not God Tier champions to be added to the basic pool of the next 6* feature crystal, and it also implies that 6* Features Grandmaster Crystals are on the horizon as well.

This couldn't be any worse for 5 stars. In my opinion, depending on your account there's no sense to investing Tier 2 Alphas into 5*s anymore when their 6* counterpart can, and most likely will, be added to the 6* crystal relatively very soon.

Taking 5 stars to rank 5 doesn't seem worth it either when a rank 2 6* will beat those stats by a noticeable margin. 5's are basically being replaced by 6's now. All that work this past year to hoard shards for awesome 5* pulls were in hindsight a giant waste of time.

I didn't like this news.

Yet people say 4* aren't the new 3*? 😆 People are in denial!
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »

Correct.

4*s are now the new 3*s and 5*s are the new 4*s. The meta has been changed.

The impending 6*s are too strong not to invest into and 5*s have already reached their very short lived peak. The game has shifted to r2ing 6*s over r4ing 5*s.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »

Never would've thought that not having enough mystic T4CC to r5 Dr. Voodoo could be a good thing
  • This 6* featured hero Crystal should not be introduced with the same champs from the original pool from January. These should be all new champs.
    I would be very upset to get a champ that is out in the current pool, but had to spend and extra 5k shards for that champ. There are only 9 new champs and 15 from the original 24 that are in the feature. So the luck of getting one of the featured ones, the odds are more likely against you.
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    With aw season 1 coming to an end, this seems like an option for the winners to spend their “hard-earned” shards on.
    Kabam, are you bringing GMCs or FGMCs for 6 stars any time soon?
  • Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 325 ★★
    CpcBoyboy wrote: »
    master88 wrote: »
    the problem with six star is that we don't get enough six star hards its take a really long time to build up 15k 6 star shards. so i would love for kabam to give us more chances to get 6 star shard and t2 alphas.

yes i can have 1 6* per month , its too slow for me need 1 6* per week like 5* actually

How can you have 1 per month? Are you duping every 5*, opening time of grandmaster/featured grandmaster duping 5*. Uncollected is 2500 per month so somehow you need make up 7500 shards across dupes, AW, Arena grinding.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    How can you have 1 per month? Are you duping every 5*, opening time of grandmaster/featured grandmaster duping 5*. Uncollected is 2500 per month so somehow you need make up 7500 shards across dupes, AW, Arena grinding.

Tier 1 AW alliances can get 3600 6* shards per month by winning all of their AWs for that month. Arena can give 800+ 6* shards per week, 3200 shards there. 3600 + 3200 makes 6800, so you’d only need 700 more 6* shards a month to pull 1 6* champion per month.

Factor in not working a full time job and/or spending $1000s-$10000s per month and that’s easily doable.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Immortal wrote: »
    How much will a 6* shards monthly or 1x purchase cost?

Arm, leg, and kidneys.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    It's really disappointing to hear this announcement. Why? Most players expected a slow drip of 6*s being added to the pool, just like the original 5* pool. We thought our 5*s had more time for use before being devalued.

The fact that there are 6 star champions like Gulk, Morningstar, Void in the new feature crystals tells us that the march towards 6*s is way too fast.

It also implies that there may be some very good if not God Tier champions added to the basic sub-section of the next 6* feature crystal, and it also implies that 6* Features Grandmaster Crystals are on the horizon as well.

This couldn't be any worse for 5 stars. There's no sense anymore investing Tier 2 Alphas into 5*s anymore when their 6* counterpart can, and most likely will, be added to the 6* crystal relatively very soon. Which means no sense taking any 5 stars to rank 5 anymore either when a rank 2 6* will beat those stats by a noticeable margin. 5's are basically being replaced by 6's now. All that work this past year to hoard shards for awesome 5* pulls were in hindsight a giant waste of time.

That is why i am waiting for 7 stars!!!
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    It's really disappointing to hear this announcement. Why? Most players expected a slow drip of 6*s being added to the pool, just like the original 5* pool. We thought our 5*s had more time for use before being devalued.

The fact that there are 6 star champions like Gulk, Morningstar, Void in the new feature crystals tells us that the march towards 6*s is way too fast.

It also implies that there may be some very good if not God Tier champions added to the basic sub-section of the next 6* feature crystal, and it also implies that 6* Features Grandmaster Crystals are on the horizon as well.

This couldn't be any worse for 5 stars. There's no sense anymore investing Tier 2 Alphas into 5*s anymore when their 6* counterpart can, and most likely will, be added to the 6* crystal relatively very soon. Which means no sense taking any 5 stars to rank 5 anymore either when a rank 2 6* will beat those stats by a noticeable margin. 5's are basically being replaced by 6's now. All that work this past year to hoard shards for awesome 5* pulls were in hindsight a giant waste of time.

That is why i am waiting for 7 stars!!!

So your 6* shards are just going to sit there until 7*s come out?
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    The hysteria of this community is astonishing.

5* are useless and 4* are 3*...

You are not looking at this logically.

I don't know many people saying 5* are useless but 4* ARE the new 3*. 3* used be 2 stars below the top star champ you could pursue, 5* champs. Now 4* are 2 stars below the top star champ you can get, 6*. Plus, while 4* are still powerful, 3* god tier champs were usable when 5* first came out. So, yes 4* are essentially the new 3*.
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    The hysteria of this community is astonishing.

5* are useless and 4* are 3*...

You are not looking at this logically.

We are looking at things very logically.

My line of reasoning goes for end-game players so it doesn't apply to most players.

In any given time there are 3 categories of champions rarity.

-Cutting edge
    -Mainstream
    -Past

Right now:

-6*s are cutting edge
    -5*s are mainstream
    -4* are the past

With the 6* feature crystal coming and them adding a lot of great champions in there, AND the implication that there will be more god tier champions in future basic subsections of the pool, AS WELL as 6* Feature Grandmaster crystals most likely coming in as well, 5*s are no longer worth investing Tier 2 Alphas into.

A rank 2 6* will have more stats that a rank 5 5*. If you're a end-game player it doesn't make good sense to invest rare Tier 2 alphas into a 5* when you can rank the same champ but in a 6* version.

In my opinion, Kabam killed the value of 5*s by announcing the 6* star feature, because we all though that 6*s would be released very slowly over time, but they're not.

4*s are dead for end-game players, 5*s are dying commodity, 6*s are where rare resources should be going into.

Last summer before 6*s were announced, 3*s were the past, 4* were the mainstream, and 5*s were the cutting edge.

Every time Kabam announces higher rarity champions (7*s, 8*s, whatever), it devalues the previous ones because of Challenger Rating.
  • So will these champs be added to basic?
  • Yo quiero uno de esos cristales
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    we hadn't even the time to see 2 rank 5 5* in a profil now they are going to be past by . this is wrong . the only jump right was between 4* and 5* .. also making 6* rank 1 in a high level like a 5* rank 4 make 5*s even worthless as peoples spended tier 2 alpha to rank those up it also speed up the rate of 6* being overhelmed by 7* in the end of the year.
    i was expecting 6* to requiere alpha 2 and rank 1 of them is 5*s rank 3 not 4 . and to harvest one is atleast 2 months of saving.
  • Mmx1991 wrote: »
    Kabam, are you bringing GMCs or FGMCs for 6 stars any time soon?

Yup 750 units for a .02% chance to get a 6*. It’s all about the dollars

o7k39s8b8znu.gif