**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fix the heavy attack bug

BiroBiro Posts: 146
edited March 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
I had talked before to this team I told them about the heavy attack bug today
I fought bp in aw in poison node I had hulk i was winning flawlessly & studdenly he decided to drop a heavy attack
I lost 2/3 of hulk Pi because he bleeded me

Then, I was playing now arena I fought against a 13k hulk ragnarok my colossus decided to drop a heavy attack I lost my strak
F**k F**k
When this will be fixed ?????????????

Comments

• I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    I call it the Heavy Attack exploit. Of course, the AI exploiting us.

Another example is the AI instant heavy punching us starting the fight. There's no defense in that case.
  • YotzYotz Posts: 117
    Kabam only addresses bugs that are unfair advantages to the players. Any bugs that are unfair disadvantages to the players get thrown to the pile lf bugs that's been there for over a year. It makes money in the short term. In the long term, I'm surprised that no one at Kabam has realized that when it catches up, the player base will start eroding so fast that no amount of free shards or new content will keep players playing. Every time there's frustration while playing because of bugs and lag, and a player ends up cussing the game and wondering why even play this game, it is bad for business. I personally have been very loyal to the game, it's an awesome game, it's the very first game that I have spent any money on, and I've already spent a few thousand into it... But I'm done, over a year since 12.0 and no real fixes, kabam is still using mediocre servers. However when something happens that benefits the players, they are quick to patch and ban people. I will be uninstalling the game in a couple of weeks when the season of AW is over. I am a confounder of my alliance and I want to get them through it, that's why I'm still on, but kabam has lost someone who used to be a cheerleader for their game.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    The issue is not that there is a bug causing your champ to Heavy attack. This is a direct result of the lag in the game combined with mashing buttons too quickly during a combo.

Essentially, the game lags while you are tapping the screen and doesn't register that you have actually removed your finger from the screen, resulting in the game registering a heavy attack command.

Two things can be controlled to minimize the issue: First is to not queue up a ton of champs needing helps (biggest known source of lag in the game) and the second is to slow down your screen tapping during your combos.

All of that being said, the thing that Kabam needs to address are all of the sources of lag. Simply too many things happening at once that don't necessarily need to happen (like transmitting all received helps during an active fight).
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    I had this bug for 2 months then had about 2 months clear, and now it is back, I noticed my dropped blocks were much better for those two months and are also back with regularity now
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    First is to not queue up a ton of champs needing helps (biggest known source of lag in the game) and the second is to slow down your screen tapping during your combos..
    Then the AI smash us between our combos. The tapping could be too fast for the game when the servers are lagging, but slow when it's not. We cannot have such adaptations for every input because we cannot to predict the server response for every instant.

Anyway that problem is in the gameplay, the game must not confuse two very different inputs, specially if the reason is: because the servers are lagged.

BTW, about the helps, some times it's me(us) but a ally.
    And sometimes the lag isn't due to the helps.
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    All of that being said, the thing that Kabam needs to address are all of the sources of lag. Simply too many things happening at once that don't necessarily need to happen (like transmitting all received helps during an active fight).
    100% Agree.

It's sad when average users have better ideas about how to design a videogame than the professionals did it.
  • WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    It’s not just the help button I haven’t helped or asked for help in roughly a month and up until recently I didn’t have issues. Once I uploaded the new updates it became bugged glitches etc. I’m on both a iPhone 8+ and the latest iPad. Still have issues. So it’s for sure not my devices. It’s called fix your game kabam. Stop with the silly back door stuff such as enhancing the ai. Which everyone knows you did. Idk if that’s by hook or crook but it’s abundantly clear.

As for the heavy attack bug. I usually get instant heavies against me. Especially on high pi opponents the game just goes to lame.
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    My fighters keep randomly running into heavies while I hold block on the opposite side of the screen.... it's awesome. I love dying for no reason other than this game glitching out whenever I'm destroying the opponent.