**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

No 4* champion from 250+ phc.. Is that a bug.

2»

Comments

• JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

This is so wrong. Your account does not take into account what everyone else opens. Am going to say this again because a few people have said it now an it's not sinking in. Every phc you open has a 2% chance, that's regardless of how many you open.

Got proof of that? Because if it was a static 2% chance per crystal, per player then opening a batch of 100+ crystals would return a 4* champ 100% of the time. Actually, opening a batch of 50 would return a single 4* champ 100% of the time.

I've not seen anything from Kabam that gives great detail about the drop rates and I doubt we ever will unless law requires them to.

The drop rate has to be based on something. That something is the number of crystals being opened. And since the drop rate clearly isn't applicable to individual players, then it only makes sense that it is applied to the player base as a whole.

1 out of every 50 crystals being opened throughout the game gives a 4* champ. Sometimes you're the 1, but usually you're part of the 49.

Every crystal is a 2% chance on its own for that single crystal. Not a batch of 100 has a 2%
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited March 2018

This is so wrong. Your account does not take into account what everyone else opens. Am going to say this again because a few people have said it now an it's not sinking in. Every phc you open has a 2% chance, that's regardless of how many you open.

Got proof of that? Because if it was a static 2% chance per crystal, per player then opening a batch of 100+ crystals would return a 4* champ 100% of the time. Actually, opening a batch of 50 would return a single 4* champ 100% of the time.

I've not seen anything from Kabam that gives great detail about the drop rates and I doubt we ever will unless law requires them to.

The drop rate has to be based on something. That something is the number of crystals being opened. And since the drop rate clearly isn't applicable to individual players, then it only makes sense that it is applied to the player base as a whole.

1 out of every 50 crystals being opened throughout the game gives a 4* champ. Sometimes you're the 1, but usually you're part of the 49.

Every crystal is a 2% chance on its own for that single crystal. Not a batch of 100 has a 2%

Yeah having more does not change the odds of each individual crystal and that is where the odds are set. Whether you have 1 or 100 the odds of each crystal to get a 4* is 2%.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    It's not a bug it's just rng, there's a really low probability of pulling it and some people are just luckier than others while some just have no luck at all and can thousands and years without pulling a single 4* out of a phc.

I've pulled quite a lot of 3*&4* out of phc over the years and my luck comes and goes, sometimes I'll pull multiple over a short span than get nothing good for awhile then it repeats.

I've seen some people in my allaince open up 10 phc and get 4 4* out of it multiple times now usually the same person.

So it can happen but it wouldn't surprise me if some one never pulled one either, which is why I stopped buying phc crystals with units.

• vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    You have a 0.6% chance to not pull a 4* from 250 PHCs

Unlucky? I guess, but over the top rare? Meh not really.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    You have a 0.6% chance to not pull a 4* from 250 PHCs

Unlucky? I guess, but over the top rare? Meh not really.

Of course this is assuming a "fair" RNG based on the 2% chance.

When I meant not rare an example is I have seen someone go 4/4 for blade with his featured crystal. That is a 0.16% chance so even more rare than your case.
  • TawliTawli Posts: 67
    Some of you should pay more attention to your math classes instead of this game. See it from the bright side you managed to do something that had 0.6 procent chance to execute. Congratulations!
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    In the past week I got three 4 stars from PHCs.
    On the first day I got a blade
    on the third I got a groot
    and today I got an agent venom!
    Thank you kabam for this incredible luck!!!
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    rdxevil wrote: »
    You can have 0 out of 1000 or 1000 out of 1000. Is 2% per crystal

Don't you think that's completely unfair.. And probability doesn't work that way... As far as I know...

I can bet that no one in history have got 10 of 10 4* champion from phc

I pulled 2 in a row and 3 in 10 once.

It ended up being 3 in about 75 in the end, but I got the 3 in 10 crystals. If I started the count with the first 4*. Not sure how many I popped prior to the first one.

Is all about luck and RNG. 2% drop rate means it has nothing to do with how many crystals you open because each individual crystal has a 2% chance.

it definitely sucks you popped so many and got no 4* crystals though.

• Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Just pulled a 4* from 42 PHCs.

bkh9mwppsoj3.png
  • rdxevilrdxevil Posts: 231 ★★
    That's what I want to say.. It should be more transparent.. Should be fair... If someone plays on regular basis.. Trying hard.. He should get better rewards... It can be observed from the comments.. Few gets 2 from 3..and few have to open more than 75..
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    I would say focus on getting 4* crystals they have a 100% 4* drop rate.

PHCs are great for SA points, iso and the occasional max sig stone.

When you pop a 4* out of one them great but it’s no reason to get bent out shape when you don’t get one.
  • rdxevilrdxevil Posts: 231 ★★
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    I would say focus on getting 4* crystals they have a 100% 4* drop rate.

PHCs are great for SA points, iso and the occasional max sig stone.

When you pop a 4* out of one them great but it’s no reason to get bent out shape when you don’t get one.

I really wasn't interested to bring this.. But if you see my 4* champion.. 5/8 belongs to trash tier... Root she hulk cyclops and few worst champions... That's why I wanted few 4* champions from phc which might work in my favor when I open 4* crystal..
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    The drop rates have nothing to do with any other crystals being opened. It doesn't matter what is being opened globally. 2% is a flat chance that is for each and every crystal. It doesn't change if other people open a crystal or if you open one or more