**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Jumping through brackets on AW

CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
Is it possible to go from Gold 1 to Platinum 3 in the middle of the season or do we have to wait until the end of the season to see if we upgraded. Cause i check real time rankings and it gets a bit confusing.

Also how many allies will upgrade to upper bracket and how many will downgrade?

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Yes it's possible, finish top 300 in the rankings
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    its not like AQ brackets. Basically tiers in war determine your multiplier, and the gold 1-platnum 3 etc are just rankings. It sometimes updates within minutes-hours of an alliance winning a war, so its fluid and changes. You can jump between any gold 1, 2, platinum, etc
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,959 ★★★★★
    You have to win... A lot. To move up, you cant have many losses and cant afford not to down a boss. 20000 points goes a long way to moving up.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    I’m with @Demonzfyre

We’ve won EVERY war this season (so far), and never moved up or down from gold 1 :(

2 BG’s almost 95% of the time we’ve taken down both bosses. I’ve heard that doing 3 BG’s helps even more
    3 BG's will definitely get you further than 2. 1 full BG is about 48000 points in total. Gold 1 is a 4.5 multiplier. Thats 216000 points you could have by doing 3.
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    Thebgj wrote: »
    I’m with @Demonzfyre

We’ve won EVERY war this season (so far), and never moved up or down from gold 1 :(

2 BG’s almost 95% of the time we’ve taken down both bosses. I’ve heard that doing 3 BG’s helps even more

Whats ur alliance m8? We got some stupid loses cause of individual silly mistakes :( we re at 11k of pts or something. Top gold 1 is around 15k i think
  • KynnyKynny Posts: 104
    Gold 1 spans from 9m to around 15m right now
  • Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 325 ★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    3 BG's will definitely get you further than 2. 1 full BG is about 48000 points in total. Gold 1 is a 4.5 multiplier. Thats 216000 points you could have by doing 3.

Multipliers are Tier based not rank based

Gold 1 is tier 4.....
  • Elijah1929Elijah1929 Posts: 24

Gold 1 is tier 4.....

That's not totally true. Our alliance has jumped between tier 4-6 and maintained Gold 1
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    @Codornas

RID3RS < alliance tag

We’re at tier 4 war, been there for at least 3-4 wars

Gold 1 is tier 4.....

wrong, tiers and rewards bracket are totally different
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    The Tier has nothing to do with what Bracket you're in, directly. The Brackets are based on Points accumulated. The only thing the Tier indicates is the Multiplier. It's also in real time, so it can shift based on who finishes a War. In the case of Allies higher up that pretty much always finish the Maps and make marginally equal Points, it's basically a race to finish and earn a leg up.
  • The multiplier makes it so if your team started under tier 3 good luck ever entering platinum. We keep winning in tier 4 and never get any higher than gold 1.

The multiplier difference is too big of a difference in tiers. Goes from 4.5x to 6x.

Never going to catch up even if you win.
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    Lots of conflicted information, would be great if kabam cleared this up
  • I_ZERO_II_ZERO_I Posts: 104
    It’s possible but you have to win every War and 100% every War in 3 bg’s. Platinum 3 that we run jumps from x6 multiplier to a x7 multiplier. Our War rating jumps from 2300-2500.

We are middle rank in Platinum 3. Must have full diversity where we are at and can’t have more than 70 deaths to pull a win normally.

Even if you know you will lose you still have to clear 100% and take down the boss for points. Makes AW a chore.
    Codornas wrote: »
    Lots of conflicted information, would be great if kabam cleared this up

read the original post. Tiers have multipliers, rewards are the brackets
  • JoMama999JoMama999 Posts: 43
    Brackets are based on how many points you have collected over the season. First place in gold 1 has just a few less points than last place in platinum 3. To move up, you just need enough points.

Tier is based on war rating, which goes up or down when you win or lose. Higher tier means harder map, bigger multiplier, thus more points.

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Kynny wrote: »

Not doubting this but where did you get this information?
  • SperaSpera Posts: 152
    Sounds about right , I'm at 13m rank 217 gold1
  • KynnyKynny Posts: 104
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Kynny wrote: »

Not doubting this but where did you get this information?

The leaderboard that shows the top score for gold1.
    Then top score for gold 2.. the difference us in the middle of gold 1