**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

About the parry duration

Username1583Username1583 Posts: 165
edited March 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
I have always thought, because of the mastery description, that more points on parry increases the stun duration also. But after a long discussion in my ally a friend did some tests and proved the opposite.
Is parry bugged or it's just the description that is wrong?
https://youtu.be/Igmohs_DSY0
PS. My game is in Italian so I haven't posted the mastery description for this reason. If someone wants to post it here I will be grateful.

Comments

• KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
    interesting,
    just want to add that even the opposite, let's say you are running 5/5 Limber, sometimes when you get parried it will last for normal time, and sometime it will work just fine(reduce the duration), I think both those bugs are related
    here you go
    afbiv0zaj7sm.jpg
    I think this is because of "up to" not flat +2sec.
    and this "up to" depends on your perfect block chance
    not sure tho
  • Username1583Username1583 Posts: 165
    edited March 2018
    Fact is that parry lasts up to 2 seconds only for Captain America with a perfect block and that includes the other mastery which makes stun longer by 0,5 seconds. The 2 seconds stun seems to be the upper limit that can't be passed.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Perfect Block is champ-specific and can be boosted by team synergies. If your champ has 0 PB chance, then a maxed Parry will provide 0 additional stun duration. I believe there are only a few champs (like Capt America) that have it naturally. You can boost your PB rating via the mastery in the Defensive tree, but that's only a 4% max gain.

This is why you only need 1 point in Parry. Anything else has very little gain unless you run a Perfect Block team (something from the pre-12.0 days).

If you want to maximize the duration of your stun, rank up Stupefy instead.
    edited March 2018
    Additionally, if you are facing champs equipped with masteries (like non-thanos/kang teams in arena, and defenders in AW), they will have varying levels of limber which will effect how long your stun will last.
  • Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Perfect Block is champ-specific and can be boosted by team synergies. If your champ has 0 PB chance, then a maxed Parry will provide 0 additional stun duration. I believe there are only a few champs (like Capt America) that have it naturally. You can boost your PB rating via the mastery in the Defensive tree, but that's only a 4% max gain.

This is why you only need 1 point in Parry. Anything else has very little gain unless you run a Perfect Block team (something from the pre-12.0 days).

If you want to maximize the duration of your stun, rank up Stupefy instead.

You've missed the point man though. The tests were done with maxed stupefy. My problem was with the misleading description of the mastery which says that parry should stun up to 1,5 sec at level 1 and up to 2 seconds at level 3 while that's not true since there's no stun duration changes.
    edited March 2018
    No I haven't. The 2 second additional duration is dependent on your Perfect Block rating. It says so right in the description. If you have 0 perfect block chance, then maxing out Parry is worthless compared to level 1 if your only goal is to extend the duration of the stun (higher parry does grant less damage taken).

"If contact is made, Stun attackers for up to 2 seconds. Stun duration increases with Perfect Block chance."

Basically you're reading it to say that with a maxed Parry you are automatically granted a 2.0 second stun, with Perfect Block granting additional duration beyond that.

How it works is how I describe it: you are granted a stun, but the amount of that 2.0 seconds is dependent on your perfect block chance.
  • DragonUnleashedDragonUnleashed Posts: 62
    edited October 2019

No I haven't. The 2 second additional duration is dependent on your Perfect Block rating. It says so right in the description. If you have 0 perfect block chance, then maxing out Parry is worthless compared to level 1 if your only goal is to extend the duration of the stun (higher parry does grant less damage taken).

"If contact is made, Stun attackers for up to 2 seconds. Stun duration increases with Perfect Block chance."

Basically you're reading it to say that with a maxed Parry you are automatically granted a 2.0 second stun, with Perfect Block granting additional duration beyond that.

How it works is how I describe it: you are granted a stun, but the amount of that 2.0 seconds is dependent on your perfect block chance.

Thanks man... I've been playing it for a year now, and am decent ininlaying the game, but i understood it the same way the Topic starter did..

I even got rid of stupify because i thought a 2 second stun is better than an 0.5 sec increase, and i could use those points elsewhere..
    The perfect block thing.. i thought it was about the mastery, which then would increase it even further..

You can understand my surprise when i did arena or war and my champs parried the Opponent but immediately got smacked..

Thanks , was really an eye opener !
    Feel like such a noob...

Got parry back from 3 to 1 point , put the points in stupify and longer stuns are back....

The 10% extra damage you take from parry is nothing compared to the usefullness of those two extra points elsewhere.. as skill evolves i use parry less often

So thank you again 👍

Kind regards
    A noob
  • @DragonUnleashed , additional discussion, including regarding changes to Parry Mastery wording (they had removed the “up to” wording at some point semi-recently) can be found here...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/157359/huge-bug-parry-timer-is-not-correct-vs-generic-quest-npcs#latest
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Going to close this as there is already an open and more recent discussion about this issue.
This discussion has been closed.