**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

MODOK is too hard

Many players would think like me MODOK is so hard & bothering
If I Encountered MODOK in any Hotel quest
I Close the quest
If encountered in Aw
If its not a miniboss our players dies over him then saying it is useless to use revives I can't take him down
I will do the same
Yes I want MODOK to be changed because is not a good experince fighting him

Comments

• Stevie_Stars1Stevie_Stars1 Posts: 253
    I'm not the best at fighting him but I see guys solo him in war all the time even as a mini boss.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    As long as he's not stun immune all you have to do is parry and heavy to get rid of his shield.
    Stun immune is a different story.
  • If you have a blade, stark spidey, medusa and take it slow, rogue, magic if you know how to play her, hyperion, spider man when he is awakend, wolverine, gwenpool, hulk, black widow, punisher, ice man, archangel
  • the trick is when you are fighting modok when you fire off a special attach he will take no damage at all or take little damage and then you back off until he hits you and then parry him and then keep on hitting him until he creates the auto block again and the repeat it all over again
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    2 lives with AA
    1 life with GP

5.4.4 Story

The trick is to get REAL creative trying to land heavy attacks.

AA
    Quake
    GP

All really good heavy users to have. GP does work really well if I’m correct that she can shut off his block after a while. AA just decimates him with no immunitiednto worry about. Quake is quake... this is what she does

When Sentinel comes around his Heavy shock will be very useful as well

I think Medusa and Hype also very useable here thanks to their abilities and heavy attacks but don’t quote me on that.

And if you’re like me and use resonate-inequity cause intercepting isn’t your strongest move Elektra could work fairly well too. As can Black widow and Falcon/Crossbones (if their conditions are met)

I wouldn’t say he’s exceptionally hard it’s just the play style that works against him is awkward to get used to
  • BlaargoBlaargo Posts: 246
    Biro wrote: »
    I Close the quest
    If encountered in Aw
    If its not a miniboss our players dies over him then saying it is useless to use revives I can't take him down
    I will do the same

Get gud
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    True strike ignores auto block last time I checked so get a true strike champ
  • KamGeeKamGee Posts: 47
    Stun, heavy attack with AA, GP, etc. then rinse and repeat
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    He cheats though, anytime you are comboing him he can drift back out of range and fire a special you have to stop hitting once he has an l1 ready
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    If the whole true strike thing is correct then he gets shut down by Karnak after a few heavies…

•AA (again 5.4.4 MODOK was a joke with the AA Parry, Heavy, repeat until 4 bleeds and then let him stack poisons and then repeat AGAIN to rack up neurotoxins)
    •Quake(doing what she does best)
    •GP (similar to AA but with the ability to play as normal later on)
    •Sentinel (HEAVY SHOCK)
    Karnak (also that crit rate means even Sentinel can’t hide behind obscene 5-6* armor)
    •Medusa
    •Hyperion (stacking fury and cosmic charges)
    •Star Lord (if you have the patience)
    •Black Widow
    •Blade (*with synergies* and parry bleed making him much easier)

From low tier to the GODS there are champs in seemingly all tiers that can obliterate
  • imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    He cheats though, anytime you are comboing him he can drift back out of range and fire a special you have to stop hitting once he has an l1 ready

LOL that's not cheating. Like everyone say, learn how to handle him. You can't do your regular combo on him .. you have to get creative on how you handle him.
  • Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    What it boils down to is auto-block being broke. If I am blocking an opponent combo, I can't kick off a special in the middle of their combo just because I'm blocking. Why is it different if it is auto-block? As I understand auto-block, he changes stance from being hit (and interrupted) to a blocking stance (still interrupted but not taking full damage or hit-triggered effects). It doesn't account for being able to take EXTRA actions after an auto-block, which is exactly what is happening. It's not just the special that he can kick off, he can evade back with Dexterity too, but that's obviously not as detrimental. But it is still an extra action that he somehow gets to take when nobody else can, and it isn't accounted for in his ability description.

I will say that I'm glad he doesn't parry from auto-block any more. That was even more infuriating.
    imnoone wrote: »
    Speeds80 wrote: »

LOL that's not cheating. Like everyone say, learn how to handle him. You can't do your regular combo on him .. you have to get creative on how you handle him.

Of course it's cheating. Show me where in his description that he has the ability to do that.

Just because there are some work-arounds to beat him doesn't mean his ability isn't broke.
  • FingerPicknGoodFingerPicknGood Posts: 44
    I own a 4/55 MODOK who is usually the BG's AW boss. He has been KOd with 0 or 1 kills at least 3x. Yes, many people have problems with him, but at tier 4 AW (around 2k ally rating) there are many, many players who have no problem.

Would you say Spiderman needs to be nerfed? He's hard, but MODOK gets about as many kills at this tier.

Thus, you just need to keep practicing. He's not OP, just tricky.
    I own a 4/55 MODOK who is usually the BG's AW boss. He has been KOd with 0 or 1 kills at least 3x. Yes, many people have problems with him, but at tier 4 AW (around 2k ally rating) there are many, many players who have no problem.

Would you say Spiderman needs to be nerfed? He's hard, but MODOK gets about as many kills at this tier.

Thus, you just need to keep practicing. He's not OP, just tricky.

Nobody is asking for a nerf. His code is bugged. Whatever component they used to allow for auto-block is flawed and gives him an extra ability he shouldn't have. Not sure why that's so hard to see.
    Beholder_V wrote: »
    What it boils down to is auto-block being broke. If I am blocking an opponent combo, I can't kick off a special in the middle of their combo just because I'm blocking. Why is it different if it is auto-block? As I understand auto-block, he changes stance from being hit (and interrupted) to a blocking stance (still interrupted but not taking full damage or hit-triggered effects). It doesn't account for being able to take EXTRA actions after an auto-block, which is exactly what is happening. It's not just the special that he can kick off, he can evade back with Dexterity too, but that's obviously not as detrimental. But it is still an extra action that he somehow gets to take when nobody else can, and it isn't accounted for in his ability description.

I will say that I'm glad he doesn't parry from auto-block any more. That was even more infuriating.

When MODOK is behind his Forcefield he is not blocking he is flinching; the Forcefield is a seperate source of block. This allows MODOK to freely dash away or trigger the start-up frames of a special attack. MODOK can’t hit his opponent through the wall just as his opponent can’t hit him.

I'll give you credit for your effort, but you A. didn't read his description and just made that up on the fly and B. seem to have forgotten that his regular block is him "flinching" behind his forcefield as well.
  • FingerPicknGoodFingerPicknGood Posts: 44
    Nobody is asking for a nerf. His code is bugged. Whatever component they used to allow for auto-block is flawed and gives him an extra ability he shouldn't have. Not sure why that's so hard to see.

I don't think it's just auto-block that's buggy. Reaction times are way too fast for things like evade. And I see lots of whiffing.

Thus this really isn't "MODOK is bugged" but the entire game has some crazy flaws right now. But I just don't see people struggling significantly more or less with MODOK specifically, compared to, say Medusa for autoblock. Or the evaders. At least not at the AW tier we're playing at. I've been tracking KOs the last few wars, there really isn't a single champ right now that jumps out as a "shut down defender".

There are just bugs. Lots and lots of bugs.
  • SCARESCARE Posts: 149
    he isnt hard just use a bleed champion and hes butter
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    Biro wrote: »
    I Close the quest
    If encountered in Aw
    I will do the same

Hes fine where he is. He is not that difficult to fight. His specials r pretty easy to dodge and if he autoblocks I hit into him still to maybe get in more hits after.. absolutely disagreed..
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    I have Blade. I'd rather fight MODOK, even a stun immune one, than fight OG Spider-Man or Medusa in war anytime. Blade isn't a cheat code, but he feasts on MODOK like...er a vampire feasts on blood
  • DuderhockenDuderhocken Posts: 19
    edited March 2018
    Modok is blade food homie 2 wars ago I took down a R4 5* modok main boss
    7ixz699lr8wi.jpeg
  • Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    not everyone has a blade...
    Lol but seriously, Modok has gotten significantly easier since the bug fix, he just takes some getting used to.
  • KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    Modok is easy... you only parry him... if he on stun immunity... just evade his heavy attack... hit him to break his shield... back up so he doesnt autoblock you... then attack him with his shield down... repeat the process... he's really easy... People just suck at this game and don't know how to fight... Get some skills people... practice... practice... practice...
  • Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    I’ve seen people parry heavy him in quests with she-hulk lol, it’s definitely not as hard as some make it out to be
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    He’s not hard except when he’s fully immune, yes as and sparky do beat him reasonablybeasy if he’s not immune. there is one standout defender right now, medusa, as our battle group boss she often sees 20-25 kills. But people will get better at fighting her, she also has her workarounds, I don’t have a problem fighting modok except on immune miniboss, but it’s the firing l1 while you are comboing which i believe is the bug, this has been brought up before and last word from kabam was it was on the long list of ‘under investigation’
  • This is why my alliance has him maxed out and if you are lucky enough/good enough to get thru him kudos to u.
  • KaanG95KaanG95 Posts: 74
    I don't have a problem with him because i have quake! Unless he has a stun immune buff, he's not a problem for Quake. I suggest you to use Quake