**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New arena zoom effect

RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
Anybody know that was coming? Suddenly the view zooms at the beginning of the fight. Additionally it looks slightly different...larger? And ummm...Kabam you just "not" testing in game? Or is the zoom here to stay?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    That's been there since the beginning of the month. They had to accommodate for Sent.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Thanks grounded but this was different. It wasn't a sentinel I was fighting it was just regular fights and it was different...A sweep and zoom effect...and now it is gone. It was kinda kool...and for the sentinel they zoom out...this was a tight zoom in...
  • BFritzeBFritze Posts: 34
    edited March 2018
    Rap wrote: »
    Thanks grounded but this was different. It wasn't a sentinel I was fighting it was just regular fights and it was different...A sweep and zoom effect...and now it is gone. It was kinda kool...and for the sentinel they zoom out...this was a tight zoom in...

I was getting this issue too - on a new Galaxy S9. I thought it was just something to do with the aspect ratio of the screen...
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Rap wrote: »

However, this feature for Sentinel was to adjust the camera as the fight starts for every fight. It zooms to a certain point, then adjusts. So technically the zoom effect is supposed to occur every fight, depending on the size of the characters. I'd be interested to see the zoom effect with two smaller characters, and with two larger characters not named sentinel. Maybe it was a weird size opponent you were against at the time.
    That is what was happening...straight up...in the middle of the arena there was a weird blip and a message saying "couldn't connect" then it logged back in immediately. The next five or six fights (between regular champs like Capt. America and Mordo had this cool zoom out and then zoom in that was tighter on the champs than usual. So...likely as not it was a test...
    I posted the above post in march...take a look at the new fight beginning???
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    Don't really know what you're talking about, but my opinion is that they built in a zooming system to accommodate larger character like, as mentioned by GroundedWisdom, Sentinel. They were coding, something happened, and BAM! Now the smaller character appear larger, larger characters appear smaller, and Colossus is still short!
    Regular characaters equal in size cap and sw. It seems to be some kind of glitch cause it has nothing to do with large champs but then it disappears. So it must be miss identifying cap and sw for some other larger graphic champs. Its a cool effect it was brought up before as a size adjustment but "shrugs"?
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,238 ★★★★
    I have had this happen a couple of times in my 1.5years playing this game. It does feel smoother but it throws me off my game so much that I dislike it. I seem to lose more once it kicks in.