**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5* Skill rank-up Awakened Gwenpool (r2-->r3) vs. Unawakened Blade (r3-->r4)

SevSynSevSyn Posts: 72
edited March 2018 in Strategy and Tips
Background: I have 5/50 99 Signature 4* versions of both Gwenpool & Blade

However, my 5* blade rank3 is Unawakened
yet my 5* Gwenpool rank2 is Awakened

Trying to get an idea if I should rank-up Gwenpool while awaiting a duplicate Blade or a rare 5* awakening gem ... vs. continue saving T4CC (skill).

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated!!!

5* Skill rank-up Awakened Gwenpool (r2-->r3) vs. Unawakened Blade (r3-->r4) 20 votes

5* Skill rank-up Awakened Gwenpool (Rank 2 --> Rank 3) ... cost = 4x T4CC (skill) + 4 T2 Alpha
25%
Foxhero007ShaheerFIazBlaargotaojay1Elitehunter 5 votes
5* Skill rank-up Unawakened Blade (Rank 3 --> Rank 4) ... cost = 3x T4CC (skill)
60%
AjavedDexman1349Jets44SpeedbumpSpiderCoolsMmx1991GeekArtsCaptain_2goodljainD5shadow_lurker22Reverend_RuckusAY_Wonderland 12 votes
Save up for Blade awakening + 5* Archangel Awakened (Rank 2 --> Rank 3)
15%
NevvBbuffajrSevSyn 3 votes
Save up for Blade awakening + 5* Doctor Voodoo Unwakened (Rank 2 --> Rank 3)
0%
Keep saving all resources until a Top-Tier (Blade, Spiderman Stark-Enhanced) is awakened and ready for rank 4+ ... only use T2Alpha or T4CC if expiring
0%

Comments

• SevSynSevSyn Posts: 72
    I guess the question becomes: How useful is blade without his regeneration?
    Gwenpool damage versus Blade Damage...
    Gwenpool's utility of plot armor (albeit minimal in comparison) mitigates special damage (65% current health cap)
    Blade without his signature regen to 70% ... means he is just a straight damage with the party-trick versus bleeders on well timed blocks...

running appropriate masteries, would Awakened Gwenpool be your choice over Blade without regen
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    5* Skill rank-up Unawakened Blade (Rank 3 --> Rank 4) ... cost = 3x T4CC (skill)
    Blade's "party trick" bleed also generates a ton of power and lets you easily spam your special attacks. In that regard, he's more like Hype where you simply just stack Special after Special with minimal "normal" attacks needed.

GP's ability to eat specials is awesome...if you eat a lot of specials. Judging by the OP's roster, I would guess he's got sufficient skill to not need to eat specials.

I will say that I use my un-awakened 4/55 Blade a lot more than I do my 5/50 Duped GP (and she's my favorite champ).
    edited March 2018
    Thank you Dex !!!
    That is exactly the type of feedback I was looking for... real-world use.
    Due to rarity, it is unlikely I'll be able to Dupe him for a LONG time...

I'm trying to figure out if I'd pick unduped 4/55 over my 5/50 sig 99...

And ultimately... I want to figure out what the best 5-person team is for finishing Act 5.3/5.4 & the monthly uncollected content.

Currently use:
    Blade
    Spiderman Stark Enhanced
    Ghostrider
    Dr. Voodoo
    ArchAngel

all 5/50... but I am transitioning to 5* and due to limited resources and playtime... I want to focus on the best 5 I can.
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 675 ★★★
    5* Skill rank-up Awakened Gwenpool (Rank 2 --> Rank 3) ... cost = 4x T4CC (skill) + 4 T2 Alpha
    take up GwenPool so you have more 5star champion at rank 3
    I was on the fence on that... since I have a 5/50 sig 99 of her... would a 3/45 be better than a 5/50?... lower sig but higher tier....
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Blade retains most of his utility unawakened. Duped he just gets regen which is very nice and do your best to awaken him, but his AW utility is all there even unduped.