**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Matchmaking

2»

Comments

• ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    @J33PTHING

Also- how many BG’s are you guys running?
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    Dont know why An admin deleted my last post. Let me restate.

When seasons came out, matchmaking should have been fixed. No alliance that starts a war search before the allotted time should have an issue finding a war. When all it takes is missing 1 war our of our control to drop a whole tier, there are issues. When we play for a month and a half worth of wars throughout the season, continuoulsy placing in high plat2, only to drop down because of a bad mathmaking system, this should never happen. Each member spends hundreds of units a war just to boost/heal up before every fight to try to maximize points. When even one war is missed, keep in mind — out of our control, I hope you can understand why we are upset. You have shown the ability to track allis and their points, why would you not do this for all allis affected? Keep in mind the high tier brackets you created contain all the rarest of the rare items needed to advance on the game. Simply dropping out of a tier means half the rewards from plat2 -> plat3.

When matchmaking takes 1.5-3 hrs without finding a match, there lies a bigger issue. Matchmaking starts at 3 est and ends 10 est. For 3 wars it can take up to 4.5-9hrs possibly. There are only 7 hrs allotted from 3 est to 10 est, meaning that it is entirely possible to still miss wars even if we start searching right away.

Again, the core issue here is, if matchmaking is started the alli should always have a chance to play a match. If not compensation of points need to happen. One war is simply too much to miss on higher tier wars. When points from tiers plat1-3 are decided by a million points or lower, missing a war due to matchmaking should never happen.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    @NevvB

It sounds like you are in higher tier for Alliance War, the higher you climb up that pyramid the less opportunities you have because you are in a smaller pool of alliances.

My guess is that as one alliance loses a war they fall down and as another alliance wins a war they move up to replace them.

However

If Alliances are bottlenecking and not advancing or disbanding, recruiting and running less than 3BGs or losing good players to higher war Tier alliances some alliances in the higher tiers will be left without a war opponent.

I think everyone probably needs to be a little patient and give Kabam some time to gather the data and figure out how to correct some of the hiccups after the season is over.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Maybe Kabam should make an adjustment to the AW Season rankings by adjusting alliance scores to be averaged by how many wars an alliance completed? Very oversimplified idea but might be possible for some sort of adjustment along those lines to determine how many top AW rated alliances missed out on finding matches due to faulty AW matchmaking.

Doesn’t affect my alliance since we’re tier 3-4 but I don’t think the man who created the idea of AW Seasons would’ve been on board with compensating only one alliance for an issue that affected many.

https://youtu.be/hXGiF9AzkB0
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    @NevvB

It sounds like you are in higher tier for Alliance War, the higher you climb up that pyramid the less opportunities you have because you are in a smaller pool of alliances.

My guess is that as one alliance loses a war they fall down and as another alliance wins a war they move up to replace them.

However

If Alliances are bottlenecking and not advancing or disbanding, recruiting and running less than 3BGs or losing good players to higher war Tier alliances some alliances in the higher tiers will be left without a war opponent.

I think everyone probably needs to be a little patient and give Kabam some time to gather the data and figure out how to correct some of the hiccups after the season is over.

Sure, we will give them time. But the rewards from aw brackets are too important (plat2 -> plat3 is pretty much half rewards). We have 100% every war with minimal deaths to place in plat2, only to be pushed down to plat3 because of matchmaking. Give us the points and fix matchmaking for next season. But to penalize us for something out of our control should never happen.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    @DTMelodicMetal You underestimate the power of a fat paycheck. There used to be a song with the lyrics "Go on, take the money and run."
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    420sam wrote: »
    @DTMelodicMetal You underestimate the power of a fat paycheck. There used to be a song with the lyrics "Go on, take the money and run."

That and the power gained when you “love Kabam with all our hearts”
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    NevvB wrote: »
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    @NevvB

However

Sure, we will give them time. But the rewards from aw brackets are too important (plat2 -> plat3 is pretty much half rewards). We have 100% every war with minimal deaths to place in plat2, only to be pushed down to plat3 because of matchmaking. Give us the points and fix matchmaking for next season. But to penalize us for something out of our control should never happen.

@NevvB

I completely sympathize with you and your team and you have every right to be upset with Kabam.

My issue is the lack of transparency on Kabam’s part. (Just for example) If they put the data out that showed 131 alliances in your match making pool were searching for matches you and your team would know that 1 alliance wasn’t going to find a match at which point I think Kabam should freeze that spot in the rankings for that alliance but I would be open to other suggestions. However, the lack of transparency leaves Kabam open to conspiracy theories.

I agree with everyone that says their team should not be penalized for not finding a match.
  • J33PTHINGJ33PTHING Posts: 29
    Thebgj wrote: »
    @J33PTHING

Also- how many BG’s are you guys running?

@Thebgj we run 2 BGs
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi all!

I'm sorry if anyone is experiencing a long delay in matchmaking. However, please do keep in mind that it has always been possible for Alliances to not be able to complete 3 Wars, and it was never a guarantee. If your Alliance wants the best chance at being able to get 3 matches in, it is necessary to start matchmaking as soon as it opens to ensure that you are competing with 3 Battlegroups.

The situation mentioned in our announcement post was truly a unique situation affecting that Alliance only.

Your feedback is appreciated though! During the downtime between Seasons, we are looking at many areas for improvement, including matchmaking. Thanks for your patience and understanding as we work to make Alliance Wars as fun and fair as possible!
This discussion has been closed.