**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cosmic champ for Act Five

MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
edited March 2018 in Strategy and Tips
I'm a solo player (so I accrue T4C catalysts really slowly) with currently one maxed 5/50 champion of each class. My current top cosmic champ is Awakened 5/50 Ronan; and he works pretty well for me.

I've finally gathered the resources to train up a second cosmic champion to help me clear 5.2 and start in on the Labyrinth. I don't do AQ/AW so don't need to worry about issues like mystic dispersion.

I'm aware there are some 5.2 areas where DoT is king; some where inflicting debuffs is a weakness (masochism), some where buffs are a weakness (e.g buffet), and so on. I've got a few decent cosmic champs to choose from, and thought I'd generate a poll for some advice.

Explanations would also be much appreciated; as it's very clear that most of these champs have their own strengths/weakness.
Thanks for any contributions!

Cosmic champ for Act Five 44 votes

Hyperion 4-star, Unawakened
77%
StefffbuffajrPrimmer79BuckeyeKPSpeedbumpAnurag1606Mr_OtterBUZZdog3000GreenstrokeRCunhaKenshioNemesis666SpiderCoolsShanehi185Hammerbro_64Carme1974Thecrusher_9756xananabananaRiggs_97Blaargo 34 votes
Drax 4-star, Awakened R15
4%
Haji_SaabJorchess2 2 votes
Angela, 4-star Unawakened
13%
Dexman1349TeddersSgtAnime1EspGabriel1927_2BPunishedThunder5715 6 votes
Captain Marvel 4-star, Awakened R60
0%
Phoenix 5-star, Unawakened
4%
Foxhero007SpiritOfVengeance 2 votes

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I'm between Hyperion, Drax, and Captain Marvel. Trying to think purely of questing and no alliance work, I would think Hyperion would do the most damage for you. I would find a video or something describing the best way to use him, but from what I do, all heavy attacks, and sp2 will get some crazy damage just from stacking furies and stunning. If you need DoT, you have sp1 for incinerate.

I personally like drax's bleed and the fact his medium bypasses Mordo's astral evade.

Captain marvel his hard when saving energy, but thats it. No DoT.
  • TheDemonTheDemon Posts: 159
    If you need to complete Act 5, chapter 2 he will serve you very well.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    Wow, really?

Hyperion is romping home so far. I seriously thought Angela might provide a little more competition; causing raw damage compared to Hyperion's DoT. She's got armour, regeneration, massive criticals...

But she's only got one vote so far. Looks like Hyperion all the way.

Nobody going to take a stand against Hypes?...
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    If you're looking specifically for Act 5.2, Hype and Angela are both very buff dependent which will trigger Buffet (5.2.3) quite a bit. In fact, Hype's regen triggers perfectly just before the timer resets so you never get to use his power gain, and the AI gains 5% health. He is horrible for Buffet. He works well for the rest of Act 5 though.

5.2.4 also has Masochism which will trigger regen with your debuffs generated from using Drax (bleed) and Hype (incinerate). That being said, using a bleed-dependent champ is how I got through it because it allowed me to parry more reliably. I just stacked as many as I could to out-damage the regens.

I don't have much experience with Capt Marvel or Phoenix, so I don't know their buffs/debuffs.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Out of those listed, Hype is the best champ for overall gameplay, which is why he's probably getting the most votes. I voted for Angela because she's almost as effective overall, but is better suited for Act 5.2.
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Out of those listed, Hype is the best champ for overall gameplay, which is why he's probably getting the most votes. I voted for Angela because she's almost as effective overall, but is better suited for Act 5.2.

Thanks. That's exactly the sort of advice I'm looking for, as 5.2 is my next mountain to climb. Drax, Angela and Hype are all very dependent on their cosmic buffs/debuffs; and my main experience with buffet/masochism in Modok's lab is suggesting that I did avoid buffs (whilst DoT debuffs are less of an issue as you can overpower the regen, and reduce it with Despair).
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Wow, really?

Hyperion is romping home so far. I seriously thought Angela might provide a little more competition; causing raw damage compared to Hyperion's DoT. She's got armour, regeneration, massive criticals...

Why is it u post this then u gonna complain about the winner if u want to rank up Angela and gonna complain when she don't win don't post this discussion and just rank her up
  • Jorchess2Jorchess2 Posts: 5
    Drax. Super. Personaje
  • Jorchess2Jorchess2 Posts: 5
    Drax. Super personaje
    Wow, really?

Why is it u post this then u gonna complain about the winner if u want to rank up Angela and gonna complain when she don't win don't post this discussion and just rank her up

Not complaining mate, just expressing a bit of surprise (and keeping the poll nearer the top of the page).
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Wow, really?

Not complaining mate, just expressing a bit of surprise (and keeping the poll nearer the top of the page).

Ok just seemed to me like u were complaining but maybe that's just me anyhow I voted hypes because I think he is a very good champion, as long as I don't have to fight him that is lol
    Wow, really?

Ok just seemed to me like u were complaining but maybe that's just me anyhow I voted hypes because I think he is a very good champion, as long as I don't have to fight him that is lol

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure I'll be ranking up Hypes after this. Just won't have the chance to do another high-level cosmic rank-up for several months; so want to choose wisely. Angela has higher base damage, and Phoenix is a five star, so could eventually get stronger still.

I appreciate the feedback.