**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Tips for fighting Venom?

Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
Looking for some helpful tips and tricks for the stun-immune Venom in the boss rush challenge.

I take more damage from blocking his 5-hit combos than I do from the Starburst. I can evade his specials & heavy attacks, I can intercept, but his persistent 5-hit combos just kill me every time. I evade the first hit but his second comes so quickly it cannot be evaded so I either take 4 hits of block damage (assuming my block doesn't drop) or I take the full force of his remaining hits.

In my 2 dry runs, I got to him with an almost full health team but can't get past him.

Something in my gameplay needs some help. What are some good tricks to fight against him? Any specific champs that work well?

Comments

• SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    I used hulk and took the block damage on purpose. Mystics will shred him voodoo and magik especially.

For intercept just block then when he heavies swipe back and go for 4 hits then back and then in for 5 hits then bait his sps like that and try make him go to one and half bars so u can keep baitin his sp1. His a.i can clock on and change moves so watch out you will be able to tell.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    I rly like venom because his animations actually give you a free intercept opening. When he dashs towards you with an uppercut, dash back and then immediately use a light attack, you will almost always catch him. This particular intercept also works on hulk and venompool, where the initial medium attack leaves them vulnerable for a slightly longer time than smaller champs. Also if you have trouble intercepting you can always intercept with special attacks.

I think Magik is definitely the best counter to venom, her limbo will reverse a lot of the starburst damage and her sp3 will hit insanely hard when he has his 20 buffs. Similarily, Morningstar, duped ronan, and voodoo will wreck him because of all his buffs. I personally used scarlet witch
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Morningstar. Sp2.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Thanks for the tips.

My core team right now is 4/55 Blade (unduped), 5/50 Spark and 5/50 Hype. They get me through the first 4 fights relatively easily.

The other two spots I can use a 3/45 Voodoo, or an array of 5/50's: Gwenpool, X23 AA, Scarlet Witch, Hulk, Medusa, Quake, Guilly or Vision.

For me, it's not an issue of champs. It's more about bringing the right champ and working on my skills & techniques to their maximum effectiveness.
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
    Are you only running into this with Boss Rush Venom? I wish I remembered enough of the fight to recall if it was any different from other Venom's in the past, like in the Uncollected quest.

I'll go back through the rush to check, but I thought I was able to evade the AI just like any other Venom I've encountered.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    2 champs for stun immune I always come back to are Magik and Hulk

For Venom it’s Voodo, Magik, and Ronan as the 3 BEST counters
  • WaynedavyWaynedavy Posts: 193
    When he attacks I always dash back 5 times quickly . I don't even try to see if he is doing a 5 hit combo. Then baiting a heavy. Or sp1. And hit him while he blocks to get him to 1 bar of power so you can bait his sp1 also hitting him while he is blocking pushes him back so he can't corner you.Might be common knowledge but it works for me
  • WaynedavyWaynedavy Posts: 193
    Also I like to parry the first hit on stun immune and the do a quick dash back if you can. Still reduces the damage and gives you more control
    edited March 2018
    @Waynedavy I typically do the parry, dash back on stun immune as well, but Venom's reach always seems to get me with his 2nd hit. I may be using the wrong timing though. Same with his SP2, I can never fully evade it.

This isn't only the Boss Venom, but also the AQ Venom. It's just less of a problem in AQ because I can Parry there. He is just one of those champs that I can't seem to fight very well. It's only exacerbated by him being stun-immune and fully 'roided up as a duped 6*...
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
    Ah, if this is a general Venom challenge, I had the same thing going up against Uncollected Venom earlier this month (I rely on 4/40s so it's just a few blocks and I'm down quite a bit).

I spent all 68 of my energy one night on 4.3.6 taking on Venom (short path) until I was able to get the timing down on the aggressive AI and SP2 - I've been maybe 75% consistent on it ever since, so might recommend giving it a shot if you haven't already.

In general, I've found Venom to be pretty easy to punish once you evade the first few hits (I often see an opening after MLM), but you need to time your back dashes exactly in-time with his steps (kind of like you would a Punisher or Spidey OG or Maestro special, but easier). I watch his feet, and time the second swipe for right after he lands. It's pretty easy to commit to muscle memory once you get it down - I'm sure you'll be an expert in an hour.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    i always use MORDO, soul barb damage is insane, with the power gain is very easy, and once venom got more than 7 or 8 advantages, you can do it 1k damage por second

but no one use mordo, idk why, but i dont have another cool mystic champ
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    gladiator hulk works really well starburst triggers faceme so he has 70% regen (plus recovery) on all damage plus the other bonuses the whole fight
    Ended up using Voodoo to beat him in the boss challenge. Spam his SP1 and stacked a ton of the Spirit Venoms.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    According to Stan Lee and company, Spiderman and Carnage will do the job just fine

x8pb7h2sla0b.png

Just kidding, lol, joke aside, Magik was my girl for it.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Venom is a pain Dexman. I'm guessing it's a timing issue, try to leave more room between the two champs while baiting his special 1. That should give you the room you need. Sounds easier than it is though.