**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

That Iceman

rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
For lower level players, that Iceman is just unfair. I was able to kill everything else without using many items or any units but the Iceman, just wouldn't go down.

It was created by Dorky Diggity Dave, that's all I'm gonna say. Didn't know he would be so unfair to the new summoners for which he creates "How to" videos.

How do you feel about the Iceman and specifically a community member making such a champ that doesn't reward skill gameplay.

That Iceman 195 votes

That was a cheap shot, Dorky.
31%
DL864RagamugginGunnertutyimutyiCarmel1That_Dude52chaos3430AndrewAce_03SomeoneElseVolcanic45Itay1234212Danicb94Son_of_OdinOutsiderguaBENJI830HeroBoltsyIl_JooOfish8sixAlphaKratosIksdjvan 61 votes
It was a challenge for my 4* 4/40 champs
10%
rahul3038A_Noob_Is1Dave2442Adamdrt2006luffy_91WildpantsShaheerFIazDrewbe14CupidMy_Superiordfmoore26LogangronckiGamerTRakot_UofCDizzyGridarPedritkoLordAn00busbethefirstoneWinner66615 21 votes
I breezed through it with my 4k pi champs
27%
Elijah1929VoluntarisVdh2008RB6942Gimli_SoGShrimkinsRandomlyGeneratedGeneral__RossShynight00TheLazyKingRaganatorNinjAlanxNigFireballs5I_ZERO_ILosspikAxeCopFireJets44RocerFallencircus 53 votes
I'm so angry that I unsubscribe
6%
MarvelZSpity68LovingkidPsychoPierrotKaanG95TrojanX05CottonmouthTheHoodedDormammuXFA_RebootedThunder5715MonubeanDutch_Vega 12 votes
That Crystal deserves better champs than raccoon, venom and antman and I don't like DDD so much anymore!!
24%
BadroseStrategicWilljackson16sfu_koraxHeartlessbloodyCainLoPrestiNDK13Carnage313TendersquadNikoBravoTrimbobProtocol8051udhabajTwittwit57R34KEcBatLFCMasterTroller42Plumber4578Darkrider05 48 votes

Comments

• rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    What champs did you guys use on Iceman to breeze through his coldsnap?
  • Minion_of_DoomMinion_of_Doom Posts: 110
    edited March 2018
    A 4/40 duped Rogue. I have a 5/50 AV that I could have brought though.
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    A few options I've seen so far for Iceman:

Stark Spidey. Class advantage, can evade the specials.
    Rogue. Reduced coldsnap duration, health steal, power steal, buff steal
    Red Hulk. I don't know his mechanics because I don't have him, but I've seen others that say he's good
    Dr Voodoo. Regen through initial coldsnap, power control
    Quake. If played exclusively with her heavy attack, Ice won't ever gain power
    Wolverine & X23. Strong regen

Agreed and I have none of those champs at the required level. I am sure not everyone in the community has them either.

Wolvie without his ability is mediocre with regen, plus his health pool is pretty low. Quake needs a really high health pool to survive the initial onslaught, plus her evade doesnt work against Iceman. Hopefully I can acquire better champs for these kind of challenges, I am just glad that I was able to complete it, I am not happy that I got a VENOM, which I have already duped.
    Kyndranna wrote: »
    What champs did you guys use on Iceman to breeze through his coldsnap?

Mephisto .

I was hoping to get one out of that crystal but alas, it was a Venom.
  • King_joey_93King_joey_93 Posts: 12
    That Crystal deserves better champs than raccoon, venom and antman and I don't like DDD so much anymore!!
    What about for the ppl who dont have any of those champs when will the game be easier and fair for us. I've been a member since this was created and ive only pulled horrible champs.this game isnt fair at all.
  • PureRage13PureRage13 Posts: 164
    If you play well with Stark Spidey then it's a very doable fight. 1% of this health is still about 1k damage and Spidey crits a lot with 10 poise charges. I died once with Spidey (slipped up on an L1) and finished up with Ghost Rider. Both 4 star 5/50 champs.

No items used to complete the challenge accept a health and champion boost before starting.

The crystal is a joke.
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    I'm so angry that I unsubscribe
    Hmph
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 688 ★★★
    wow I didn't know Tony Stark was Spider-man!
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 561 ★★★
    While I did finish with minimal items this was just not fun. Especially fighting iceman. I think Seatin should be happy he wasn't included to contribute.
  • Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    A 5/50 sparky. Put a health boost on and bait s1. It's possible with good play with any 4/40 champ.
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    Ant man......nuff said.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    It's not that it's not fair, it's just that you're not prepared if you can't get past that Iceman. I was still wondering why didn't he include Debuff Immune on that Iceman. Being able to parry him made it so easy.
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited March 2018
    I am not trying to be a jerk when I say this... that Boss Rush is for the top of the top players (really late game huge 5* roster type players). It just isn't for us who are locked at 4/40 4*s (or in my case a single 5/50 Star lord and the rest 4/40s).

I am sure if I wanted to really grind it out and revive a lot i could do it... I am just not sure it is worth the aggravation (as you are finding out too).
  • IdontinksoIdontinkso Posts: 156
    Luke cage indestructible won’t trigger on mephisto in boss rush, not sure why
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    Idontinkso wrote: »

Soul imprisionament
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Idontinkso wrote: »

Mephisto has a fate seal type debuff inflicted on you at the start of the fight, it could be that.
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
    It was a challenge for my 4* 4/40 champs
    I used a 4/40 unduped Rogue. If you can outlast the initial Coldsnap, the fight is easy as there's nothing particularly challenging about Iceman's playstyle.

You have two weeks for this, so there's no need to crank through it now. If you want the (mediocre) rewards so much, spend a week and a half ranking up your desired Iceman killer and take him down then. Also, there are plenty of ways to farm a 10 or 20% champion boost which you can pop before the final fight to up your health pool.

You don't need to clear every quest, let alone within the first 4 hours. Just be a little patient and you'll find this game does a decent job of rewarding you for bringing up the right champs in the right situations.
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    UC439 wrote: »
    All those who are saying this iceman is easy were crying to lower the difficulty of the ice phoenix few months back, bcz their roster couldn't handle that. But now when lower level player are struggling against this iceman, they're trying to show off & write them off.
    Next boss rush should be full of collector & original ice phoenix like bs stuffs & bs nodes, then we'll see how many experts get past that w/o complaining.

Or how about you just don’t complain. That is a novel idea.