**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

My personal opinion on the Community Boss Rush

overall there were some easy ones, except for the Ice Man. as a Mid tier player with 2 r5s (ultron&blade) I find that ice man somewhat, cash grabbing. well what do I mean by that? I bought 4* Mephesito, SS, Hulk, Blade, and Ultron (all r4 or r5) The average health for those combined is 12k health. Now how is this cash grabbing? Unavoidable 10k damage coldsnap. Its all Ice Phoenix 2.0 again. Sure, use a Rogue or Mephesito but does everyone have those champs? Why no. This challenge took me 600 units on revives and potions, and I still cant defeat him because everytime I revive the coldsnap just kills me asap. Another thing that bothers me is the person who contributed to this Ice Man. You all know who Im talking about. He explained that Ice Phoenix is ridiculous and its a total cash grab. isn't it kinda like, somewhat Hypocritical because he just made one himself. So, safeguard and Cold snap. Wow. Overall this Boss Rush wasn't very fun for me, rewards are meh, and tough for middle players. I hope kabam will make an event for us lower and middle players, ones we can actually complete.

-MasterT

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    overall there were some easy ones, except for the Ice Man. as a Mid tier player with 2 r5s (ultron&blade) I find that ice man somewhat, cash grabbing. well what do I mean by that? I bought 4* Mephesito, SS, Hulk, Blade, and Ultron (all r4 or r5) The average health for those combined is 12k health. Now how is this cash grabbing? Unavoidable 10k damage coldsnap. Its all Ice Phoenix 2.0 again. Sure, use a Rogue or Mephesito but does everyone have those champs? Why no. This challenge took me 600 units on revives and potions, and I still cant defeat him because everytime I revive the coldsnap just kills me asap. Another thing that bothers me is the person who contributed to this Ice Man. You all know who Im talking about. He explained that Ice Phoenix is ridiculous and its a total cash grab. isn't it kinda like, somewhat Hypocritical because he just made one himself. So, safeguard and Cold snap. Wow. Overall this Boss Rush wasn't very fun for me, rewards are meh, and tough for middle players. I hope kabam will make an event for us lower and middle players, ones we can actually complete.

-MasterT

It’s not as bad as ice Phoenix was since the initial coldsnap killed you right away. This one leaves you with health left to at least fight. Plus safeguard only really affected me when I used specials. My 4* 5/50 red hulk basic attacks rarely did enough damage to hit the 1200 damage cap. I thought it was fine. No fight was particularly a challenge
  • Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    I used a health boost to leave myself with some extra health to fight with.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    You have an Ultron. I took Iceman down with a 4* 5/50 Vision. Seriously that Iceman is far from difficult, especially not being stun immune.
  • tutyimutyitutyimutyi Posts: 326
    Moneygrab again from the lower players.it should be ok,without bugs and the unfair ai speed.
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    I entered the fight with my 5* R5 starlord with 15% HP to see if coldnap was Ice Phoenix like, but i lost 400 per second and it stopped when i was at 8% HP.

Plus safeguard was allowing a 1700 damage per hit, seems pretty fine for me, killed him with 77 hits on first attempt
    Codornas wrote: »
    I entered the fight with my 5* R5 starlord with 15% HP to see if coldnap was Ice Phoenix like, but i lost 400 per second and it stopped when i was at 8% HP.

Plus safeguard was allowing a 1700 damage per hit, seems pretty fine for me, killed him with 77 hits on first attempt

not everyone has a rank 5 5*. my point is more focused on mid tier players

And my point is coldnap isnt that strong. 5* doesnt have much more resistance than a 50/50. I lost less than 20% of HP. Ice Phoenix took over 80% HP

And this challenge isnt meant for midtiers players since its for lvl 40+

But try a long fight with Wolverine or X23 with sp3 so his healing tops coldnap

Rogue also a great option spamming Sp1
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
    I used:

4/40 Rogue unduped
    4/40 Spark Spidey, Sig 20
    4/40 Star-Lord, Sig 40
    4/40 Void, Sig 40
    4/40 Voodoo, Sig 30

Had my whole team alive before Iceman, and only Voodoo and Void had any damage on them. Healed them up, popped a 20% boost before Iceman, and he went down after with 1 40% revive for Rogue.

It was a decent challenge (I started over 3 times after messing up on Venom) but only took a 40 unit revive I had stashed.

This is NOTHING like Ice Phoenix - I had no chance on that one pre-patch whereas all I needed to do was get my champs above 12k health for this one. You have many more days to do this, don't give up yet (and don't overspend... the Iceman is easy to take down once you survive the initial damage).
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    If you have an r5 tin can, this should have been a cake walk............
    edited March 2018
    99efi8dgq1qt.jpg
    Codornas wrote: »
    Dude ffs i beat Ice Phoneix who is much worse with CapWWII 50/50. Stop being noobs, coldsnap damage is % of the life u have, its proportional. i didnt compare anything, i even told him other options he can use, ur the one inciting conflict

Um, coldsnap isn’t proportional. It does a set amount of damage. Just take a champ that has more health than the damage or take a regen champ.
  • Praetor_Zwei153Praetor_Zwei153 Posts: 56
    PantherAP wrote: »
    My top team is currently:

3/45 unduped 5* Gwenpool
    3/45 unduped 5* Guillotine
    5/50 duped 4* X-23
    5/50 duped 4* Black Widow
    4/40 duped 4* Thor

After losing my three best heroes to the first boss, my opinion is that it's not worth my time or resources to try any more boss challenges until I become Uncollected...Which should be sometime around 2019 at the rate I'm going!

I'm sure this is an easy challenge if you have a healthy roster of top-tiered champs that are maxed out but for the average player, like me, this is like one of those needlessly difficult Mario Maker levels that was designed to only be beatable if you have a perfect run-through, heheh!

Players who are currently unable to complete certain challenges (i.e. the community boss rush) should take notes from this guy.

Bravo for having a positive attitude - unlike 99% of the nubs that don't have the roster/skills who cry about rewards not being handed to them on a silver platter.
    Um, coldsnap isn’t proportional. It does a set amount of damage. Just take a champ that has more health than the damage or take a regen champ.

Yup. Say in the sig ability description of iceman, it says it does a total of 10000 dmg. That would take away 67% of the health of a 15k health champ, but only 25% of one with 40k.
    Cats73 wrote: »

Yup. Say in the sig ability description of iceman, it says it does a total of 10000 dmg. That would take away 67% of the health of a 15k health champ, but only 25% of one with 40k.

That’s not what proportional means. If coldsnap was proportional of a champs health like Codornas said then it would do X% of the champs health as damage. He said that “coldsnap is % of the life you have, it’s proportional.” But that’s wrong.

You are write in that it does 67% of a 15k health and 25% of 40k, but that’s not what proportional means. Proportionality is a constant ratio between two values, in this case damage done and health of the champion. Coldsnap is not an example of proportionalality but bane, for example, is. Bane takes 2.5% of the champs health and does it as damage. That is proportional to the champions health. Coldsnap Just does a set amount of damage.

That’s not what proportional means. If coldsnap was proportional of a champs health like Codornas said then it would do X% of the champs health as damage. He said that “coldsnap is % of the life you have, it’s proportional.” But that’s wrong.

You are write in that it does 67% of a 15k health and 25% of 40k, but that’s not what proportional means. Proportionality is a constant ratio between two values, in this case damage done and health of the champion. Coldsnap is not an example of proportionalality but bane, for example, is. Bane takes 2.5% of the champs health and does it as damage. That is proportional to the champions health. Coldsnap Just does a set amount of damage.
    Yeah I was agreeing with you lol, since coldsnap does not deal a set percentage of health as damage like life transfer, it isn't proportional, instead doing a set amount of damage(like 10000)
    Cats73 wrote: »

Yeah I was agreeing with you lol, since coldsnap does not deal a set percentage of health as damage like life transfer, it isn't proportional, instead doing a set amount of damage(like 10000)

Oh my mistake, I thought you were saying “Yup” agreeing with the previous poster. Read it wrong!
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    I have 2 accounts and I beat the challenge easily with my lower account. Unavoidable damage is the worst part of this game, I get that. But automatically going to the “cash grab” posts, is even more rediculous. It’s a challenge, not meant for everyone.

I took out the first 2 with my rank 3 unduped 5* HE (trust me, not the easiest/best one for the job). Quake for mephisto, she’s at rank 4 4* duped (again, not an easy champ to use, requires skill). I did have to use potions for ice man, I had 20 4hr crystals saved up plus what was In my inventory and revived my SW 2 times and he was done.

• Nitro422Nitro422 Posts: 276
    Um mm...no one is forced to do it. If you can't do it without expense then don't.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    I don’t see why people complain about coldsnap when champs like wolvie were made for long fights where you take damage since you can regen it all back. Easy counter to iceman is any 5/50 champ with some regen
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Buster wrote: »
    It would suck too waste resources on this and get ant man, rocket or venom.

I got mephisto but I'd rather have the 5* shards from duping ant man, rocket, or venom lol. Didn't do the event for the 4* crystal though and would've done it just for the 10 5* stones.
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    Buster wrote: »
    It would suck too waste resources on this and get ant man, rocket or venom.

Haha. Spent 100 units and got Antman! Thought I could finally get Spark or Iceman since only 6 champs. Should have known better.
  • mahanmaxmahanmax Posts: 87
    Right you can’t beat that Iceman with merely skills. But no need to be unhappy or surprised about sth normal like cash grab. Plus that’s not the only part Kabam revealed their intentions to grab your $$.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    mahanmax wrote: »
    Right you can’t beat that Iceman with merely skills. But no need to be unhappy or surprised about sth normal like cash grab. Plus that’s not the only part Kabam revealed their intentions to grab your $$.

all I did was survive the coldsnap, and that's all the damage iceman did to me.

Hows is it cashgrab if u have weak roster,

I remember people complaining about the collector sayings hes a cash grab to.
    but people wont blink for a 2nd when kabam literally gives away free 5* shards to the community and let alone gave away T2 Alpha cats in Dec/Jan

maybe u need to go 100% act "4" so u can get your first R4 5*.

It may not be the best god tier champ but I guarantee u that champ can survive the initial coldsnap.

• I only have one question. Why did you wasted that much resource if the rewards were "meh"? If you know its aint worth it, just quit.
  • General__RossGeneral__Ross Posts: 157
    I did the whole thing (all 6 fights) with just my r1 6* Rulk. I was trying to actually challenge myself, as my whole team would’ve crushed it, and still came out without spending any items (besides a health boost). It’s very doable, and people will always whine for lower difficulty for the same items—as they don’t want to put forth the effort.
  • PraritPrarit Posts: 1
    Hello