**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How good is Dormammu?

Hi friends! I got a 4* dormammu and I wanted to know whether he is good/best/bad/worst.

Comments

• TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    great
  • mahanmaxmahanmax Posts: 87
    Decent AW defender but not impressive on attack. Quite complicated and needs good timing.
  • Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    He’s one of the best AW defenders when duped. When unduped, he still is very good at power control(love that power drain on mediums). His weakness is that he doesn’t hit that hard.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    I have 4* rank 5/50 and like others have said, He’s versitile with nullify, power control and degen, but his moveset seems clunky and he’s not easy to use to maximize his damage, IMHO.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    mahanmax wrote: »
    Decent AW defender but not impressive on attack. Quite complicated and needs good timing.

Sorry but this really couldn’t be any more wrong. Dormammu is an excellent attacker and not as complicated as many people think. The majority of people see magik as a great attacker for her reliable power control and dormammu can control power even better than she can. He can drain power on his 2nd medium attack and doesn’t need any special attacks to drain it. In doing so you build up dark energy, if you intend to control power in a fight you simply stop using a medium to end a combo once imbued. Instead, end with a light temporarily. Then when you have 2 bars of power or will have at the end of the combo you can end with a medium to drain a bit and deal direct damage, then chain into a sp2 for a guaranteed power drain and lock. This way you get the imbued effects of both the medium attack and special attack. On top of this he has 2 immunities, he can heal, deal large amounts of direct damage from soul bond detonations and nullify every buff the opponent has with a sp1. Couple that with MD and you can go straight into a sp3 sometimes to get a constant flow of dark energy. At first he looks complicated, but with practice he really isn’t that hard to use and he’s incredibly effective. His only downside is his damage output isnt great. But his utility more than makes up for that.
  • mahanmax wrote: »

Sorry but this really couldn’t be any more wrong. Dormammu is an excellent attacker and not as complicated as many people think. The majority of people see magik as a great attacker for her reliable power control and dormammu can control power even better than she can. He can drain power on his 2nd medium attack and doesn’t need any special attacks to drain it. In doing so you build up dark energy, if you intend to control power in a fight you simply stop using a medium to end a combo once imbued. Instead, end with a light temporarily. Then when you have 2 bars of power or will have at the end of the combo you can end with a medium to drain a bit and deal direct damage, then chain into a sp2 for a guaranteed power drain and lock. This way you get the imbued effects of both the medium attack and special attack. On top of this he has 2 immunities, he can heal, deal large amounts of direct damage from soul bond detonations and nullify every buff the opponent has with a sp1. Couple that with MD and you can go straight into a sp3 sometimes to get a constant flow of dark energy. At first he looks complicated, but with practice he really isn’t that hard to use and he’s incredibly effective. His only downside is his damage output isnt great. But his utility more than makes up for that.
    Thanks Bro
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    He has the best power control in the game.
  • Really good
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    One thing of note, his attacks are 100% energy. So don't every use him to fight an awakened Ultron! :p
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Soul detonation zaps a lot hp from opponents.

You just have to play with him until you get used to his mechanics, then he’s a very effective champ.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    dkatryl wrote: »
    One thing of note, his attacks are 100% energy. So don't every use him to fight an awakened Ultron! :p

P.S. NC evades less from energy attacks
  • ArgygufdetlopArgygufdetlop Posts: 62
    I would dispute that dormammu is still a great defender. He used to be tops, but is now hard countered by blade and especially gladiator hulk. I have a rank 5 5* ghulk and I love seeing dorm placed as any Boss in AW, because I know I can solo that Boss (even if it’s final Boss) no problem. You place dorm as a boss against my battle group and he is going down hard with no kills.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    Clearly the best defender in the game with his insane degen.
    Gulk's the only dorm degen counter we have