**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Quest Miniboss and Sentinel Refresh - April 2018 - Discussion Thread [Updated April 13]

Comments

• UsedupUsedup Posts: 6
    I’ve been on the fence for the past couple months on whether to continue playing mcoc. Adding Map5 miniboss NC in combination with sentinels seems like a good time. I’ve spent way to much on this game thanks to unblockable specials and all the other garbage cash grab nodes. Just imagine stun immune NC for map 5. Yippee so glad I earn 325 t4cc frags and 500 basic frags for putting up with that.
  • DoomDoomDoomDoom Posts: 6
    If no increase in rewards how about making making map 4-5 free and reducing donations for map 6 :) Well at least start gold realm its so hectic to keep grinding. Need gold for everything donations, ranking up, leveling up, it's a joke how you keep bringing in new content but ignoring small things community being asking for.
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    Any look at the app ratings lately? I wonder if they've changed yet? People are usially quick to react when they start disagreeing with what's going on.
  • I think its boring to fight unawaken dormamu
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    With regards to the comments about how this version of Alliance Quests will be harder, we understand where you're coming from. As with anything you're unfamiliar with, it will be definitely be harder at first. It might take a little while to get used to, but we know our summoners, and we know how quickly they learn and can get used to new content, especially content that is recurring like Alliance Quests. If this update was so inconsequential that it was as easy at the start as you all find Alliance Quests right now (after months of practice) then there would be no point in us making this update, or ANY update for that matter.

It will take some time to get accustomed to the new encounters, but refreshing recurring content is important to keep the game fresh, and exciting!

We ate up the block resistance nerf.

For all intents and purposes, the PB nerf single handedly made a majority of you guys better fighters in the long run, since it forced you guys to actually *fight*. That was a well needed nerf.
  • BDLHBDLH Posts: 148
    Onmix wrote: »
    \
    Ascoop24 wrote: »
    420sam wrote: »
    So, you are making it more difficult yet not adjusting anything like rewards or even glory? Can I ask why? How does this benefit the players?

As we said in that post, we are working on a full refresh. We are not at a place or time where we can increase the rewards or fully refresh the mode right now.

If you aren't at a place or time to refresh the rewards then you shouldn't be at a place or time to refresh the difficulty. One should not go without the other. This is a great example of pure laziness

But how are you so sure that the difficulty has gotten worse?

Granted, Bleed and Poison champions may not be as effective in Alliance Quests as they were before, but Sentinels melt at the power of a Armor Break Champion, and a lot of the new Mini-Bosses have very common counters!

That's not actually true. Go against a Mornignstar without a bleed immune champ or blade. You're gonna get wrecked. She's not a champ with common counters.
    Nightcrawler is annoying yes but you can defeat him with any champ. He's not the problem.
    And of course Setinels are more difficult. His specials are more difficult to evade than those of the majority of the Symbiod, and he's immune to poison and bleed. Regardless, I do think Sentinels is a good change, but maybe you could make some slight changes between classes. Otherwise is gonna get real boring cuz every fight with them on any path is the same.

I highly doubt Miike or any of the other mods are also the testers as they claim they "extensively" test everything before release and have multiple emergency maintenance and thousands of complaints every major change they've done in at least several months. He's just passing on the message. Most people here actually play the game, and many at a high level with all the end game content completed. I do not get the impression from their responses this is where the mods are at and their level of understanding and ability in the game as that's not their job. Anyone who has been doing this at high prestige in the 1% bracket would know that the changes ARE more difficult, although unlikely significant enough that it'll be game changing for the higher alliances already at this level as they can adapt fairly quickly to any champ.

Whether or not it is more difficult, if it is at a comfortable place where many alliances can reproducibly clear the current content with minimal cost hundreds of times, ANY change without changing the rewards CANNOT be a positive change in terms of cost vs reward. We are already on easy farm mode doing our 5X5 at 125M bracket for essentially free. You cannot make it easier or cheaper than free.

Adding a blanket XX% increase to all rewards is OH SO HARD AND TIME CONSUMING, that they could not accomplish this as easily as swapping in many different defenders and node changes. What a pathetic excuse. If you have the time and resources to change the defenders and nodes, you have the few minutes it takes to do a minor reward tweak to go with it. Then you can work on the complete overhaul later. Just dissappointments lined up one after another from this company.
  • MarvelZMarvelZ Posts: 6
    Vote with your wallet. Only way to get change is by not spending money. Worked before and we need to do it again
  • AIISupernaturalAIISupernatural Posts: 40
    But how are you so sure that the difficulty has gotten worse?

Granted, Bleed and Poison champions may not be as effective in Alliance Quests as they were before, but Sentinels melt at the power of a Armor Break Champion, and a lot of the new Mini-Bosses have very common counters!
    With regards to the comments about how this version of Alliance Quests will be harder, we understand where you're coming from. As with anything you're unfamiliar with, it will be definitely be harder at first. It might take a little while to get used to, but we know our summoners, and we know how quickly they learn and can get used to new content, especially content that is recurring like Alliance Quests. If this update was so inconsequential that it was as easy at the start as you all find Alliance Quests right now (after months of practice) then there would be no point in us making this update, or ANY update for that matter.

It will take some time to get accustomed to the new encounters, but refreshing recurring content is important to keep the game fresh, and exciting!

So it seems here that DK is admitting it’s harder, and Miike is saying it won’t be. Which one is right, I’m inclined to think it will be harder so I’ll go with DK. The thing is, what is the point in releasing the update to AQ now? Why not wait a little longer and have the difficulty and rewards go up at the same time, in the manner it should.

Let me clarify:

I am saying ANY change of consequence will be harder AT FIRST, but not because the actual difficulty/complexity of the fights is harder, simply because you will not be as experienced at doing the fights. Miike is saying the complexity/difficulty of the fights is approximately the same: i.e. not necessarily harder. Both are accurate statements, but we're sorry for the confusion around them.

We don't want you to clarify anything!!
    WE DO NOT WANT SENTINELS & HARDER MINI BOSSES
    How much more simple can we say it!!
    First fix all the existing problems, buff the rewards potions, catalysts, gold etc that have been the same for ages and then make changes that don't negate all the pkayers hard work and chanps!!!
  • ANTI_HERO3ANTI_HERO3 Posts: 6
    420sam wrote: »
    So, you are making it more difficult yet not adjusting anything like rewards or even glory? Can I ask why? How does this benefit the players?

As we said in that post, we are working on a full refresh. We are not at a place or time where we can increase the rewards or fully refresh the mode right now.

Then why roll it out this way first? You should save it until it's ready to be released. That means reward the players for the difficulties they face. Not make it harder and let us play it until you finally roll around to finishing it. It's unfair to us. You are also making us change our line ups... for no reason. Is this because y'all feel y'all aren't making enough money on alliance potions and revives or what?
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    Adding rewards to match the new difficulty does not take much. Simply boost the glory gain by flat 50%. That’s it. Saying that time is needed to update the rewards but applying harder difficulty is not very believable.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Player Base: "These AQ Bosses and Minis are so easy......"

(Months later)

Player Base: "When are you going to change AQ? We're tired of the same thing."
    Kabam: "We are focused on other things at the moment, but for now we will change the Bosses and Minis to shake things up until we get to the new Season."
    Player Base: "This will make it harder! No new Rewards? Money grab!"

SMH. Never satisfied.

It's not a new Season. There wouldn't be new Rewards. That's part of what they are still working on. It's just a swap of Champs. Same Grind. Yes, it will be a new challenge. People will adjust. What's the sense of swapping it up in the meantime if it's not a new challenge?
  • Kobra217Kobra217 Posts: 6
    I will hold off on the difficulty/rewards until I actually play the refresh, but comparing the same level of symbioid to Sentinel automatically makes it harder with just immunes. I question the Sentinels for the simple fact they animation and movement plain out sucks. Nothing is fluid, they change the vision of the screen, and just awkward to watch. By far the worst champ in the game for us to have to look at over and over again.
  • Dezz_1Dezz_1 Posts: 118
    I don't understand why they would change AQ for the worst without fixing the lag issue.
  • BloodshedzBloodshedz Posts: 45
    Everyone acts so surprised when content gets harder with same or little rewards.
    WAKE UP PEOPLE!
    This game is a cash grab. It's made to benefit netmarble not the players. We are a means to an end.
    Just play and deal with it.
    Suck it up and move on.
  • VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    WT.... Sentinels? Really?
    How about sentinel not immune? I agree if it.
  • KiryuKiryu Posts: 24
    4* og thor making a comeback :)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    SL.
  • SuperChronaSuperChrona Posts: 296
    edited March 2018
    Kabam could easily have fixed most of this (removed by Moderator) storm. They should just have come out and said. Yes here are new mini bosses and new content. We know that you worked hard to rank up your champions, so to make things a little easier we have decided to give all a glory boost of 25% until next AQ season. Use the glory for you liking. Rank up champs to fight the new content, buy potions to survive and so on.