**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is there different arena for other people?

I was talking to a guy who said that some players have different arena cutoffs. I was confused and then he said that beginners have to score a much lower cutoff to receive a champion in arena than veteran players (better players). He stated that beginners are expected to hit a much lower arena cutoff and that there are different arena brackets such as intermediate bracket for players that are relatively new to the game. I did not believe him as i had never heard anything like that ever. The summoner that said that was an experienced player and seemed like he knew what he was talking about. Is this true?

Comments

• HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Yes, I believe so. I've heard that summoners playing for 30 days or less and 60 to 30 days are put in lower brackets where the cutoffs are much, much lower. A friend of mine who recently started the game got a duped 4* Ghost Rider, among others, from an average point total of 250-350K points. However, once he reached that 60 day mark he was put into the pool with the rest of the players and found it near impossible to even grind close to 50% let alone get a featured. Another friend of mine submitted a ticket to Kabam and got a response confirming the different arena pools. So yes, your source has correct info.
  • Josh2PlayJosh2Play Posts: 115
    There are different brackets based on Account creation Date, the first month you are put in the beginners bracket, from day 31 you are in the Intermediate bracket, from day 61 you get into veteran bracket, reason why cutoff are so lower for beginners is because most don't have a lot of 4 stars tor grind the arenas, so obviously cutoffs go down.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    I was talking to a guy who said that some players have different arena cutoffs. I was confused and then he said that beginners have to score a much lower cutoff to receive a champion in arena than veteran players (better players). He stated that beginners are expected to hit a much lower arena cutoff and that there are different arena brackets such as intermediate bracket for players that are relatively new to the game. I did not believe him as i had never heard anything like that ever. The summoner that said that was an experienced player and seemed like he knew what he was talking about. Is this true?

Yes. Your source is correct as others had stated. The bracket system was put in place around Feb or March of 2015. I suggested a long, long time ago to put some sort of indicator as to which bracket you are in. But obviously, that didn't happen.

The bracket system had not been updated in more than 2 years due to the complaints made by the veterans (and possibly other reasons that only the devs know). But what we do know is that the veterans did not like the bracket system for the same reason you mentioned -- lower cutoffs for the other brackets.

And obviously, the reason that cuttoffs were lower is because newer players have fewer heroes to use and therefore have fewer teams to use in arenas. The veterans with their larger rosters wanted to compete in the same bracket as those with smaller rosters.

• I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited June 2017
    Veterans don't want good brackets because they want a bigger pool to easily be in the 1% rewarded, without efforts contesting against small fishes with no chance.

With a good bracket system always the most skilled (per bracket) would be the rewarded ones; but veterans would be in a pool just with players like them, then many of them will be screwed as happen with the rest now. It don't like to them of course.
  • I was talking to a guy who said that some players have different arena cutoffs. I was confused and then he said that beginners have to score a much lower cutoff to receive a champion in arena than veteran players (better players). He stated that beginners are expected to hit a much lower arena cutoff and that there are different arena brackets such as intermediate bracket for players that are relatively new to the game. I did not believe him as i had never heard anything like that ever. The summoner that said that was an experienced player and seemed like he knew what he was talking about. Is this true?

Yes. Your source is correct as others had stated. The bracket system was put in place around Feb or March of 2015. I suggested a long, long time ago to put some sort of indicator as to which bracket you are in. But obviously, that didn't happen.

The bracket system had not been updated in more than 2 years due to the complaints made by the veterans (and possibly other reasons that only the devs know). But what we do know is that the veterans did not like the bracket system for the same reason you mentioned -- lower cutoffs for the other brackets.

And obviously, the reason that cuttoffs were lower is because newer players have fewer heroes to use and therefore have fewer teams to use in arenas. The veterans with their larger rosters wanted to compete in the same bracket as those with smaller rosters.

How old does your account need to be to qualify in each bracket?
  • I_am_Groot wrote: »
    Veterans don't want good brackets because they want a bigger pool to easily be in the 1% rewarded, without efforts contesting against small fishes with no chance.

With a good bracket system always the most skilled (per bracket) would be the rewarded ones; but veterans would be in a pool just with players like them, then many of them will be screwed as happen with the rest now. It don't like to them of course.

Does this mean that arena cutoffs are lower or that the cutoff is the same but just with lower ranked players?
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Josh2play gave the answer. Read his response.