**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Wolverine Just Died!

Comments

• Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    Sparky's L2 is the best against sentinels except for the skill one because of the purify or whatever
  • Tonedef wrote: »
    Kabam keeps saying the sentinels aren’t gonna be harder than the current syms, but that is 100% Grade A Bolognium. Wolverine is gonna time out vs the sentinels and magically lose 50% of his health. We will have to start spending units to complete AQ. Yeah, yeah.. If I was better I’d have no problem🤣
    I just lost 8 T4bs, 4 T1as, 3 T4ccs, Gold and ISO.

I agree, he gets kinda useless in Aq now. I'm actually ranking up my 4s Blade now for this reason, he will take Wolvie's place soon in my Aq team. About the new miniboss list, does anyone know if Morningstar will gonna be awaken, she will need a bleed immune in this case, think that Luke Cage will be OP against her.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    tutyimutyi wrote: »
    As the smertest ones are saying,do not worry,the games is just changing and evolving.it will be much more difficult and most of our heroes will be useless and weak,but do not worry and do not complain.

I wouldn't say most of your Champs will be useless. You will have to find new Champs to use from time to time, yes. Things change, we find new tactics, and adapt. That's how we grow. The game is always changing. It's not about finding one set of Champs that work for everything indefinitely.

This kinda falls back into the whole “who to rank up” discussion. The game has focused on certain champs needing to be ranked to progress through content quicker, but you lose out on having a balanced set of champs when changes like this happen. Or it at least feels like it...
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    I'll still be bringing wolverine since - and people seem to be forgetting this - there's still other opponents besides sentinels.

And yea, I'm not gonna be dying from sentinels either, my Medusa will make quick work of them :)
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Plantesan wrote: »
    tutyimutyi wrote: »
    As the smertest ones are saying,do not worry,the games is just changing and evolving.it will be much more difficult and most of our heroes will be useless and weak,but do not worry and do not complain.

I wouldn't say most of your Champs will be useless. You will have to find new Champs to use from time to time, yes. Things change, we find new tactics, and adapt. That's how we grow. The game is always changing. It's not about finding one set of Champs that work for everything indefinitely.

This kinda falls back into the whole “who to rank up” discussion. The game has focused on certain champs needing to be ranked to progress through content quicker, but you lose out on having a balanced set of champs when changes like this happen. Or it at least feels like it...

Content is always changing. Especially AQ because it's seasonal. There's no guarantee that our Champs will be the best choice later on. Otherwise you're creating the same Maps over and over, everyone is effective, no one grows, and all challenge and interest leaves. Personally I don't Rank based on one area of content alone. I Rank who I want and who I'm the most effective with, and use them wherever I want. Then I Rank more.

I can understand that. Back when I was into the arena-grind, it made sense to rank up champs equally, so then the amount of team variations increased, Now it is still that (when resources become available/lack of SA contribution guilt-trip kicks in) and in preparation for any change, it’s easier to bring a r3 4* / r2 5* up from its base value.

I am curious how people set their AQ team to lose their collective minds about wolvie being turned “useless”
  • Stevie_Stars1Stevie_Stars1 Posts: 253
    imnoone wrote: »
    So you would rather not have any changes to the contest because you invested some resources in a player? Nice going.

They eliminated what Wolverine was great at.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    I haven't done map 5 in a while and map 6 doesn't have symbs, but i found them to be by far the hardest fights because they wouldn't freakin attack! I'd be thrilled if i was still doing map 5. Do people not have champs besides wolvie? and why is having a couple sentinels instead of symbs going to make him useless? You do get to bring 3 champs to AQ
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    Omg... they ruined X23, Gwenpool, Hawkeye and all the mutants! Oh wait.... no I forgot... I bring a team to AQ not just one champ ... duh...

Not even all the mutants, remember that sentinels are all the different classes.
    Omg... they ruined X23, Gwenpool, Hawkeye and all the mutants! Oh wait.... no I forgot... I bring a team to AQ not just one champ ... duh...

Not even all the mutants, remember that sentinels are all the different classes.

That was entirely sarcasm.

No I understand it was sarcasm, I thought you were implying because sentinel was replacing symbioids that the class disadvantage would “ruin” all mutants but I was correcting you that the sentinels were different classes. Maybe I misinterpreted it and you did know this but I thought it best to point it out, and I did notice the sarcasm.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Tonedef wrote: »
    Use him against Morningstar? No. Use him against GG? No. His usefulness has been eliminated, decimated, destroyed.

There is more to use him in than just AQ dude calm down

The statement is referencing AQ and not other parts of the game
    Wolverine is close to useless in Aq with this update
  • General_VisGeneral_Vis Posts: 138
    I take Wolverine into AQ all the time and don’t see how this is going to ruin him. I also do the immunity path and have never timed out with him yet.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Instead of using my X23 for Sentinels, I'll just use my SL or LC. Didn't even have to change my AQ roster.

I don't care about the change. I'm just sick of fighting creeps.
  • bedellionbedellion Posts: 12
    Guess i will ask the dumb question was wolverine that good in AQ..

Only asking because i have him at 5/50(sig99) he was my first 4 star when i started and i maxed him first, but can honestly say i never used him in AQ, did map 5 for over a year and now joined small alliance just doing map 3..

Guess i missed out, but still never spent units doing map 5 and always cleared my path..
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    bedellion wrote: »

Only asking because i have him at 5/50(sig99) he was my first 4 star when i started and i maxed him first, but can honestly say i never used him in AQ, did map 5 for over a year and now joined small alliance just doing map 3..

Guess i missed out, but still never spent units doing map 5 and always cleared my path..

You missed the joy of clearing every fight with X23 or Wolverine and still having 2 champs that haven't even been selected when you get to Dorm.

The Wolverines were the Game Genie for AQ.
    bedellion wrote: »

Aq day 5 map 5
    Wolverine at 1.5k health out of 12k
    Entered a fight against skill symboid
    Ended the fight at full health
    Umm he's that good
    I take Wolverine into AQ all the time and don’t see how this is going to ruin him. I also do the immunity path and have never timed out with him yet.

His use greatly decreases when he's up against any form of sentineloids because of their bonus against mutants
  • SharkJawsSharkJaws Posts: 78
    bring some units :D:D
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Let’s just hope they bring in a new champ, that armour breaks, as well as a regen as good as wolverines. He’s not completely useless though, not everyone fight in the new aq will be a sentinel.
    Jh_Dez wrote: »

His use greatly decreases when he's up against any form of sentineloids because of their bonus against mutants
    You know sentinels are different classes right?
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Wolvie has been locked in my AQ team for over a year now. Ill bring him at first to see how he does, he probably will time out later in the week against those Sentinels. But i think ROGUE is going to be the new AQ goddess. Glad i have her 4/55 duped :)
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Rest in peace, Logan!~

zetoag2psibj.png
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    I have never used wolverine in AQ in my time playing this game. Didn't know people relied on him this much, funny to see.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    Savio444 wrote: »
    Let’s just hope they bring in a new champ, that armour breaks, as well as a regen as good as wolverines. He’s not completely useless though, not everyone fight in the new aq will be a sentinel.

He's called Iron Man

Ok, a champ that does armour break and has a constant regen...
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    King groot and hid cycles plus perma armour break
    KhanMedina wrote: »

He's called Iron Man

Ok, a champ that does armour break and has a constant regen...
    Firstly, Hyperion. His regen is so much better than people think, sure it nerfs his damage a bit but mine heals around 35% health which is a ton.

Why is armour break so important? People are acting like it’s the only way to beat sentinels. Just take X23 or ghost rider