**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Safeguard Node

So you're maxed at 1% damage, but how come sometimes (no idea why) that isn't the case? Sometimes I'll see nor mal damage amounts. Is that just a glitch?

Comments

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Safeguard is an ability. Therefore, ability accuracy reduction is a possibility. If you have pacify and you hit a stunned enemy with the safeguard node, you'll sometimes do full damage. Black Widow will often bypass safeguard via her signature ability. There are many ways to get around it. You can also do direct damage like power stings or Dormammu's heavy soul attack to bypass the safeguard cap.
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    If it makes any difference, just happened twice with my Gwenpool
    Safeguard is an ability. Therefore, ability accuracy reduction is a possibility. If you have pacify and you hit a stunned enemy with the safeguard node, you'll sometimes do full damage. Black Widow will often bypass safeguard via her signature ability. There are many ways to get around it. You can also do direct damage like power stings or Dormammu's heavy soul attack to bypass the safeguard cap.

Ah that makes sense, I'm still learning so I assumed the nodes made it so it sticks. I was using GP so that makes sense, thanks!
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    it depends on who you are using. some champs have the ability to by pass it. Black Widow, Xbones to just name a few. also it doesn't account for the stacks of damage over time debuffs you can apply on the opponent.

If you're talking about Iceman with safeguard. This one is a doozy with all of his immunities. Degen works on him though. So does coldsnap. His health is very high anyways so you don't really notice the safeguard all that much.
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    IronFist34 wrote: »

Youre gwenpool duped? If so, then thats not a suprise since she reduces ability triggers by 2% per hit on her combo
    IronFist34 wrote: »

Youre gwenpool duped? If so, then thats not a suprise since she reduces ability triggers by 2% per hit on her combo

Yep! I was pissed too. I used an awakening gem on her, and then duped her from a PHC a week later...
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Other people like Vision will do more than 1% if you're using a power burn move. YJ's power sting isn't capped at 1% either.

So the hit is 1% cap, but the effect can be for more if that makes sense.

Side note - if you want a good option for DOT vs. Boss Rush Iceman then try Sparkys s2 if you have him.
  • 8406GR8406GR Posts: 55
    It looks like most of your answers are getting answered but you can always get more. I do not have a direct video of safeguard on my channel (YouTube) but I know I have some fights through the videos. My channel us AverageAvenger8406
    What I can tell you is champions that have ability reduction make this easy. I see above this has been answered as well as champions like vision with his power burn and YJ with biosting. Some other options are to use GP yes, and heavily bleed options. I liked to use wolverine since he has regen, I also like to use champions such as voodoo and AA who have the ability to place massive damage on champions with poison. I Do have a video of 99 stacks of poison on an enemy, it's quite insane.
    Seeing how I did much of the safeguard ROL back in the day, we have many more viable champs now that make it so much easier. AA would be my top suggestion. Just use his heavy attacks and let neurotoxin do all the work.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Since long ago I followed this so I can get much more than the 1% max damage, to make easy kill despite Safeguard. Help me alot during my early Mcoc days.

Best champions to bypass safeguard?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/69fag8/best_champions_to_bypass_safeguard/