**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Quest Miniboss and Sentinel Refresh - April 2018 - Discussion Thread [Updated April 13]

Comments

• HōLΨ93HōLΨ93 Posts: 1
    still learning how to play n try my best to be a good play . anyone teach me...
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    I agree with @DNA3000
    We fought enough Nightcrawlers in AW to know he's A LOT harder than rhino\cable\mordo and this is not a question of practice.
  • TonedefTonedef Posts: 137
    It’s almost like we’re going to be their guinea pigs for this one. They’re going to gauge how much more challenging it is by reading the community’s backlash on the forums, then compensate us with what is likely to be a less than adequate increase in rewards at some point in the future. They can’t win, their track record is so bad that anything they do will have people up-in-arms.

They need to fix the current bugs, make sure they’re crushed under many boots, then test any new content thoroughly before releasing it. Holding off on this AQ update should be something they are seriously considering. Increasing the difficulty level without increasing rewards makes no sense to me.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    That would be quite an increase in Rewards for a swap of Syms and Minis partway through the Season. It's just a shift in Champs. It's not a major undertaking.
  • D14rockD14rock Posts: 31
    D14rock wrote: »
    What about giving players rank downs now that
    What about giving players rank downs now that wolvy is useless.. also with the inclusion if sentinels which take forever to take down, you should increase the match timer to 5 minutes.. already without the sentinels, if l you are in an alliance right now with decent prestige, you can't take down nodes in time with 4* Champs anymore.

If you think Wolvy is useless you don’t deserve to have him

I guess I don't deserve him anymore after years of use. Lol. Obviously you have no idea what I'm talking about and are a still a newb.. that's why wolvy is so close to your heart.. I wasn't stating an opinion on wolvy being useless. It is a fact. Wait and see. As useless as your 3* dp
  • DrVD99DrVD99 Posts: 71
    I hope the increase in rewards will be introduced in the following update. Otherwise more teams will just do lower maps and Kabam will just lose money.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    What about giving players rank downs now that wolvy is useless.. also with the inclusion if sentinels which take forever to take down, you should increase the match timer to 5 minutes.. already without the sentinels, if l you are in an alliance right now with decent prestige, you can't take down nodes in time with 4* Champs anymore.

I guess I don't deserve him anymore after years of use. Lol. Obviously you have no idea what I'm talking about and are a still a newb.. that's why wolvy is so close to your heart.. I wasn't stating an opinion on wolvy being useless. It is a fact. Wait and see. As useless as your 3* dp

I suppose I’m a pretty decent newb considering I began during the games beta stages, I have now completed act 4, act 5 with no money spent, RoL with no revives used, every single boss rush challenge or Coulson challenge every released, RTTL, my first run on LoL spending 0 real money, all uncollected quests, in a top tier alliance in tier 3/4 Aw, expert tier aq, have a 6* and close to another, have 5 rank 4 5* with the ability to do another 3 and to have a profile over 400k rated. But sure, go ahead thinking I’m a newb.

It is your opinion that wolv will be useless and you are wrong. Over 2/3 of the Aq map will be able to bleed, take him for those fights. You are so wrong it’s laughable.

tqle38d4uxfb.png must be why it only took a couple of hours for this image to circle around the real mcoc chat rooms

Well there’s a meme about it, it must be true
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Kabam should just wait until the next AW season comes out to release both. Makes the potential server crash a one-time deal.

It would also allow for them to provide a better product, rather than this “updating by the edge of our seats and hope for the best approach” nonsense going on.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Evade champs like OG Spidey and Night Crawler wouldn't be bad if they're weren't a broken money grab from the start since they evade and counterattack in one move.

I suppose I’m a pretty decent newb considering I began during the games beta stages, I have now completed act 4, act 5 with no money spent, RoL with no revives used, every single boss rush challenge or Coulson challenge every released, RTTL, my first run on LoL spending 0 real money, all uncollected quests, in a top tier alliance in tier 3/4 Aw, expert tier aq, have a 6* and close to another, have 5 rank 4 5* with the ability to do another 3 and to have a profile over 400k rated. But sure, go ahead thinking I’m a newb.

It is your opinion that wolv will be useless and you are wrong. Over 2/3 of the Aq map will be able to bleed, take him for those fights. You are so wrong it’s laughable.

Well I applaud you for all of your amazing mcoc accomplishments. Didn't realize you were number 1 mcoc player in the world, but your math is way off. Including abomination whom to don't want to bleed, and none of the mini bosses or bosses, there will be 61 nodes on map 5 where you can't bleed opponent. That's not 2/3 of the map. That's not even 40% of the map..
    Kabam has clearly stated that it's time for us to rank up our armor break champs

Well I applaud you for all of your amazing mcoc accomplishments. Didn't realize you were number 1 mcoc player in the world, but your math is way off. Including abomination whom to don't want to bleed, and none of the mini bosses or bosses, there will be 61 nodes on map 5 where you can't bleed opponent. That's not 2/3 of the map. That's not even 40% of the map..

I can’t be bothered to do the maths, but even if it’s half of the map or a third of the map that can bleed. Wolverine is one third of your aq team. So what if he can do one third of the fights.

I can’t be bothered to do the maths, but even if it’s half of the map or a third of the map that can bleed. Wolverine is one third of your aq team. So what if he can do one third of the fights.

That's not including the to rockets and iron mans, whom are beatable, but still... I mean I guess I'm wrong.. if you are the world's greatest player who doesn't need revives to best every game mode and are too stubborn to retire your wolvy for your better 5* and 6* options the would have better utility, then wolvy is definitely not useless to you. Lol

That's not including the to rockets and iron mans, whom are beatable, but still... I mean I guess I'm wrong.. if you are the world's greatest player who doesn't need revives to best every game mode and are too stubborn to retire your wolvy for your better 5* and 6* options the would have better utility, then wolvy is definitely not useless to you. Lol

What you’re saying makes no sense. I’m not too stubborn, I just know that you have 3 aq champs, not 1 aq champ and two that you aren’t allowed to use. I use my wolv occasionally because he’s still a good champ, he’s not useless and anyone who says he is, is wrong or don’t know that there are other champions in the game.

When this change happens, I would like to see if people actually stop using wolv because I am prepared to bet they won’t. Just like 12.0, people promised they would quit but I still see them post on the forum about their latest game achievements
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Seems unfair to me to first call a player a newb, then criticize them for bragging about their accomplishments.

The math is off, but the presumption is that all the places where the targets are currently bleed immune have nothing to do with the Sentinels making Wolverine useless, because those nodes are already immune. If you're already doing the immunity path with Wolverine, for example, then you don't care about robot immunity. If you care about Abomination's bleeds, you probably aren't doing that path with Wolverine either. If you were *only* using Wolverine on Syms, well then that might be a problem but Syms were about half of most paths.

I think Wolverine will still be fine on paths 2, 4, 6, 7, and 8 in stage one of Map 5, and paths 1, 4, 5, and 6 in stage 2. Path 7 if you were already doing it now. And anything in the middle in stage 3. But we'll see.
  • ArtttonArttton Posts: 59
    420sam wrote: »
    So, you are making it more difficult yet not adjusting anything like rewards or even glory? Can I ask why? How does this benefit the players?

As we said in that post, we are working on a full refresh. We are not at a place or time where we can increase the rewards or fully refresh the mode right now.

If you are working on a full refresh than what is the point of this change again?

did the community ask for new bosses and sentinel addition?

can i have only one logical reason?
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Seems unfair to me to first call a player a newb, then criticize them for bragging about their accomplishments.

The math is off, but the presumption is that all the places where the targets are currently bleed immune have nothing to do with the Sentinels making Wolverine useless, because those nodes are already immune. If you're already doing the immunity path with Wolverine, for example, then you don't care about robot immunity. If you care about Abomination's bleeds, you probably aren't doing that path with Wolverine either. If you were *only* using Wolverine on Syms, well then that might be a problem but Syms were about half of most paths.

I think Wolverine will still be fine on paths 2, 4, 6, 7, and 8 in stage one of Map 5, and paths 1, 4, 5, and 6 in stage 2. Path 7 if you were already doing it now. And anything in the middle in stage 3. But we'll see.

I personally think wolvy will be replaced by blade if you want to bring a champ who can bleed and regen. His regen is more reliable, he doesnt have pillow fists, and is available as a 5*. If there were a 5* version of wolvy, I woukd take it all back, but there's not, and no plans to, according to kabam. 4*s are just becoming harder and harder to use in late aq days. With wolvy having such low health, 1 small slip and he's gone. And if you fight perfectly, the fight takes forever..

I personally think wolvy will be replaced by blade if you want to bring a champ who can bleed and regen. His regen is more reliable, he doesnt have pillow fists, and is available as a 5*. If there were a 5* version of wolvy, I woukd take it all back, but there's not, and no plans to, according to kabam. 4*s are just becoming harder and harder to use in late aq days. With wolvy having such low health, 1 small slip and he's gone. And if you fight perfectly, the fight takes forever..

Blade will be in Aw, where the better rewards are. Until aq is updated and better than Aw, Aw seasons and mystic war is where Blade will be
  • Monkey17288Monkey17288 Posts: 99
    I’m just glad there is finially a spot I can use my 6* Deadpool x-force. Oh wait...nope still useless
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Day 5 Wolverine on debuff immune path against CB can go to the wire if you are not aggressive enough.

If you're on the immune path you should be able to recover the half health penalty on the next fight.

That may be, but if you have a Blade you can use to replace Wolverine I'm not sure why you wouldn't be using him now. In every way that Blade is better than Wolverine for the new AQ, he's also better than Wolverine now.

I have Blade but since I use him in AW I generally don't use him in AQ, because his advantages aren't worth constantly switching back and forth with something else. I prefer getting consistent practice with my normal (miniboss dependent) AQ team.

Blade will be in Aw, where the better rewards are. Until aq is updated and better than Aw, Aw seasons and mystic war is where Blade will be

True that Blade is better for AW, but still better regen options for a IMO. GR is great for aq 4* or 5*, 5* x23 doesn't compare to solve in terms of regen, but she doesnt need her bleed and can still be usefully against bots, 5* rogue, and I haven't played with him much, but KG is supposed to be way more reliable than wolvy for regen. I'm not saying wolvy is just terrible champs. He's still god tier 4*, but will be needing replaced by many people now just because he simply doesn't have enough damage output to compare with 5* champs

. I'm not saying wolvy is just terrible champs. He's still god tier 4*

So are you saying he’s useless now or are you saying he’s god tier? Those are contradictory statements