**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Wolverine Just Died!

124»

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    But wolvie regens. You don’t need to use potions on wolvie. Isn’t the whole point of bringing him? To finish fights at full health? If sentinels have the health of symbioids then how does someone time out on a champ that has 40k or 50k health on day 5?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    God people overreact. They haven’t nerfed wolverine. They’ve introduced a bleed immune enemy for 1/3 of the fights in aq, maybe that’s an estimate. That means one of the champions you can bring, will no longer bleed against those fights. So what? You have two other champions.
  • TonedefTonedef Posts: 137
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    He’s not less effective in any way. He can still finish fights against them at full health. A longer fight doesn’t mean less effective or less useful...

That’s the definition of less effective. A Ferrari 488 running on all cylinders is gonna be more effective than another 488 running on 7. Quit defending Kabam’s wreckless updates!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Tonedef wrote: »
    Kabam keeps saying the sentinels aren’t gonna be harder than the current syms, but that is 100% Grade A Bolognium. Wolverine is gonna time out vs the sentinels and magically lose 50% of his health. We will have to start spending units to complete AQ.

If you are using Wolverine, why is losing half your health going to cost you potions?

You're a math guy..

Losing half-health from a timeout is best case scenario, and best case scenarios don't always happen.

In the long-run these changes will cost players more than the previous iteration, and there's no improvement to rewards to compensate for the extra work.

In the long run the changes overall make the map more difficult: I actually just got through posting that in the AQ update thread. But this thread was specifically about Wolverine, and people don't bring Wolverine for his damage. TIming out is always a potential possibility especially on higher prestige maps or day five. I always assumed the presumption was that if you bring Wolverine you do so with the understanding that you could time out because your damage is lower, but that is compensated for by the fact that timing out is less disastrous for a high regen champ like Wolverine that can get all that health back much easier than most other champs. I used to use Wolverine on Map 5 specifically with that understanding, and I now typically use Rogue with the same understanding: that timing out is not a big deal because I can get all the health back. Heck that happens to me with the second miniboss all the time: 5/50 Rogue doesn't have the punch to take them out in one try, like ever. But as long as I don't make too many mistakes, Rogue can get multiple tries at them.

For champs like Wolverine and Rogue, timing out the fight has about the same effect as making a mistake and eating a special or taking a combo: you occasionally take huge damage but can heal it back. I'm not saying the Sentinels aren't more difficult: I'm saying that they don't make Wolverine obsolete, because Wolverine specifically doesn't need to finish the fight before the timer expires. Now, for *some* players that timeout penalty will be enough to kill Wolverine, because they are already taking a lot of damage and using all of Wolverine's healing to get it back. For those players, yes, Wolverine may no longer be a viable option. But for reasonably skilled players Wolverine became harder to play, but certainly not dead in AQ.
  • TonedefTonedef Posts: 137
    edited March 2018
    Until the release of sentineloids I’m gonna refrain from claiming that Wolverine is no longer an AQ God.
    Gotz to use the Holy Trinity for AQ on non-war days, Angela, Hulk, Medusa for the rest. Might need to R5 Vision as GR is my only good bleed immune right now🤯 I need Luke Cage!
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Your logic makes no sense. If effective to you is finishing the fights as quickly as possible then don’t use wolvie. A lot of champs out damage him. I was assuming Wolvies effectiveness to you is based on healing back the damage you take. But if it’s all about quickness then bring a different champ such as sl.

I was finishing fights on day 5 in 27 hits with my sl. I rarely take damage so I don’t even bring a regen champ except ultron. He’s only used if I take the bleed or poison paths since we don’t assign paths
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I was under the impression that effectiveness in aq was being able to last until the end of aq with as high health as possible and with as little items used. Wolverine still fits that bill, he will just take a little longer. If that means he’s no longer effective because he can’t finish a third of the fights as quick then take someone like rocket raccoon who can finish fights immensely quick, because that’s the new effective.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    Love all the comments about people having to spend more money now. If you are spending money to run AQ you are on the wrong map.

And how many of them actually did spend any money? People love to make up false stories to support their conspiracy theories. When confronted with statements that disputes their theories, they continue on to make up more stories.

On Facebook recently, a meme about a certain California governor showed that he supported a new law forcing the use of Arabic numerals on students. One of the individuals of particular mindset was informed that she didn't realize that the meme was fake because she had no idea what Arabic numerals were.

Her response was that she did know it was fake. She knew it was fake because she knew that Arabic numerals weren't real.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    MU313 wrote: »
    Love all the comments about people having to spend more money now. If you are spending money to run AQ you are on the wrong map.

And how many of them actually did spend any money? People love to make up false stories to support their conspiracy theories. When confronted with statements that disputes their theories, they continue on to make up more stories.

On Facebook recently, a meme about a certain California governor showed that he supported a new law forcing the use of Arabic numerals on students. One of the individuals of particular mindset was informed that she didn't realize that the meme was fake because she had no idea what Arabic numerals were.

Her response was that she did know it was fake. She knew it was fake because she knew that Arabic numerals weren't real.

And they let you all have guns. FML

Apparently, YouTube won't. Lol.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    I’m gonna try swapping him out for my 4/55 Angela. Should do the trick I think
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Savio444 wrote: »
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    Tonedef wrote: »
    @MarzGroove You must enjoy spending units on potions. I ranked my wolverine and dumped sigs stones on him so I wouldn’t have to.

So Sentinels have some secret ability to block Wolverine's regen?

They don’t bleed, a lot of his damage is from bleeds so I think the fights will be longer.

And there aren't any bleed immune nodes/champs currently?

Most of the fights in aq were symbiods, who are not bleed immune, we’re not talking about bleed immune champs of which you would just use a different champion...this discussions is about wolverine, who was good for aq because it was full of symbiods. Who no longer will be as useful. You want to reply with another question?

He's good because of symbiods? No. He's good because of his regen.

He's good because of his REGEN, but suffers tremendously when against bleed immune champs since his base damage is terrible without being able to proc bleeds.

This is what I’m trying to say but this guy just annoying with these stupid questions, and answers. I didn’t say “He's good because of symbiods“ i said he’s less effective because sentinels are bleed immune and fights with wolverine will be longer, even with his good regen.

You can be annoyed all you like. Your opinion is still misinformed. You said "wolverine, who was good for aq because it was full of symbiods. Who no longer will be as useful", like there aren't any bleed immune or debuff immune champs in the current AQ.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Buster wrote: »

If any one is having problems or a hard time with content, listen to lenoir , he will be the first to tell you it's easy for him. He knows when people are running the wrong map, when people don't have the skills or you don't have the right roster. This guy right here may be the greatest player in contest of champion's history. Most people posting about having to use items, probably don't get to choose the map, officer's and leaders choose the map. Some might have been able to do map 5 with the roster they had, now they have to build up another team.

Are you a necromancer? Because you just resurrected a dead thread while stalking someone you clearly don’t get along with.

Also LeNoir is correct, if anyone needs to spend in AQ then maybe they need to find an alliance running easier maps/lower prestige.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    No bleed=Someone died!

This is far-fetched.Sure,It might be harder to get through with wolverine,but he still regens,Sentinels being bleed immune doesn't necessarily mean,"OMG,Kabam,I ranked up this character just for AQ and now you introduced more bleed immunes in there,unacceptable!Rdts needed!"

-A dude of 2 charades