**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

That Iceman

Comments

• Options
    MutantWharf8MutantWharf8 Posts: 32
    Is quite nice man
  • Options
    Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    I breezed through it with my 4k pi champs
    Breezed through it in 10 minutes with my 5 5/50 4*s. AA, Magik, Hyperion, Gwenpool, and Quake.

Quick tip: For Iceman, if you have Rogue, she shrugs off his Coldsnap in literally 4 seconds. After that, keep using your SP1 to steal his Ice Armor and your golden.
  • Options
    Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    edited March 2018
    For lower level players, that Iceman is just unfair.

The word you're looking for is advanced. Build your roster, add levels/masteries, beat a similar challenge in the future.

Oh, and stop crying. It's very unbecoming.

• Options
    udhabajudhabaj Posts: 40
    edited March 2018
    That Crystal deserves better champs than raccoon, venom and antman and I don't like DDD so much anymore!!
    4* r5 Captain America WW2(Sig level 50), One shot👌
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    For lower level players, that Iceman is just unfair.

For lower level players, everything they can't beat is unfair.
    How do you feel about the Iceman and specifically a community member making such a champ that doesn't reward skill gameplay.

No heal block, so in my opinion Dave's design was an excellent design. The idea behind the boss rush challenge seemed to be to create champions for which not just anything would work, but multiple options would work. By that criteria, Dave's Iceman struck a reasonable balance. Safeguard made the fight difficult to steamroll. Coldsnap offered players several choices. Bring in a very high health champion and just ignore the cold snap damage. Bring regen and heal it back. Bring in something immune to cold snap. That represents a wide swath of what any player that expects to take down something like the Boss Rush ought to possess.

Many things don't work, or don't work well. Quite a number of things do work. There is a minimum threshold of strength and size of roster necessary to complete the challenge. That's what a high difficulty challenge should do, and the Boss Rush is a high difficulty challenge. I'm sure if Dave was asked to make a beginner difficulty challenge he would do a decent job of that, but just because Dave is known for making resources for novice or progressing players doesn't mean he doesn't also like and appreciate higher difficulty challenges. This was certainly one of them.

And actually, in at least once sense Iceman wasn't the hardest part of the challenge for me. I actually entered it several times to get a feel for the challenge, and the point that I reset the most often on was Ant-Man, not Iceman. It is not that Ant-man was necessarily killing me constantly. It was that I was looking for the best way to kill him without losing too much health, because I wanted to survive past him while keeping a full strength team and looking for the best configuration of team to do the challenge without spending potions or resources.

The original Ice Phoenix was just plain broken: Cold Snap was delivering enough damage to assassinate everything short of a high health 4/55. Even 4/55 StarLord was down to the last 10%. Adjusted Ice Phoenix was survivable, but heal block in my opinion was a bit too excessive. The number of roster and skill choices was narrowed too low to be less about picking the right choice and more about being funneled into one of a very few choices. But Dave's Iceman has tons of options and does reward skill: safeguard plus Iceman means you have to be good at evading SP1 or pushing him to SP2. And you also have to use strategic skills to bring a champion that will react well to cold snap.

The combination of using good gameplay skills as well as good strategic team choice skills is something Brian Grant echoed in his video on the Boss Rush as being the motivation for his design. Dave's looks to have the same mindset of engaging roster knowledge and twitch skills. I can appreciate that.
  • Options
    Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 691 ★★★
    That was a cheap shot, Dorky.
    this boss rush need to burn
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    This challenge was easy mode for vets and if your roster wasn’t ready but you managed to get thru using items/units or money then it offered a 50/50 shot at a really good 4* for your troubles. In future please don’t complain about content with good rewards please.
  • Options
    NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    That Crystal deserves better champs than raccoon, venom and antman and I don't like DDD so much anymore!!
    I never liked dave at all. BTW used my 6 star GG for iceman
  • Options
    SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    The Coldsnap damage is too much. It’s a cheap tactic to make the game seem more difficult. It is a poor design when something causes that much damage and you can’t avoid it. But that’s the way the game it going more and more.
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    Wildpants wrote: »
    Iceman is the best champion you can pull from the reward crystal so Dave's pick is actually the best. Be grateful.

what does community want?

challenges or more easier content they can steam roll?

I swear the mcoc is abunch of people who just want everything handed to them.

@Spurgeo14

you been playing 2+ years?

u do know all those champs like had a basic arena where u could get them right?
    Just makes me think what have u been doing for 2+ years?

have you seen how much progression seatin's FTP account has progressed?
    so its possible.

also there was a thing called save for blade on his 2nd time around,and if u was smart u would of saved for chance for 5* stark when he came around for 2nd time

@ContestOfNoobs

I've been playing the game almost daily for 2+ years, but I have a life outside the game. I have a job and family and other priorities outside this game, believe it or not. I have definitely put time into the game, but have not been so addicted to waste hours upon hours every single day and neglect my real life in order to win specific champs in arena. What have you been doing for 2+ years?

@Spurgeo14
    oh wow here we goo
    pull out the "life card"

wow really? I didn't know everyone here has alife outside of mcoc!

I do have other priorites, I have a job, i don't live with my parents and i have a degree I'm working on. But I'm not gona come here and try to be badass online and come here saying I'm better than you because i have a "family priority" card hahahah.

so u have other things in your life going on, that's reasonable, but to say that YOU don't want to spend the time for grind then maybe u don't need to come here saying u been playing for so long that you cant even beat the content

either you have the roster to beat it or not.
    if you cant beat it, stay casual
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Iceman is the best champion you can pull from the reward crystal so Dave's pick is actually the best. Be grateful.

@Spurgeo14

so its possible.

also there was a thing called save for blade on his 2nd time around,and if u was smart u would of saved for chance for 5* stark when he came around for 2nd time

@ContestOfNoobs

I've been playing the game almost daily for 2+ years, but I have a life outside the game. I have a job and family and other priorities outside this game, believe it or not. I have definitely put time into the game, but have not been so addicted to waste hours upon hours every single day and neglect my real life in order to win specific champs in arena. What have you been doing for 2+ years?

@Spurgeo14
    oh wow here we goo
    pull out the "life card"

I do have other priorites, I have a job, i don't live with my parents and i have a degree I'm working on. But I'm not gona come here and try to be badass online and come here saying I'm better than you because i have a "family priority" card hahahah.

so u have other things in your life going on, that's reasonable, but to say that YOU don't want to spend the time for grind then maybe u don't need to come here saying u been playing for so long that you cant even beat the content

To be honest, being single and being married/having kids are 2 very different things. No disrespect to anyone because honestly everyone goes through those phases. From gaming 14 hours a day to now gaming 2-5 hours a day, I can attest to those changes.

You'll know buddy in a few more years once you complete your degree and enter the next phase of life and maybe start your own family. Also, it depends on the line of work as to how much someone can actually play on their phone, some jobs just need you to place your phones in safekeeping before entering the work area.
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    @ContestOfNoobs

Hey man,

When I first responded my point is that some people in the game act as if content is easy because they have all the champs that make it easy. I have some great champs, and some strong champs. I have 100% Uncollected monthly quests the past 2 months and I have completed Act 5 (one time through).

However, because so much of this game is about luck (pulling the "right" champs) it is frustrating to me when I have the skill but not ideal champs to beat for example Mephisto and Iceman in the new challenge. I'm sure I can do it, but those lucky enough to have the ideal champs will clearly find it easier than those who don't. And I'm by no means a noobie complaining because I can't beat this content. I'm a veteran frustrated that they made it easy if you have the right 2-3 champs but extremely difficult otherwise. All because of luck (in having those specific champs) not skill.

Your response to me what I've been doing for 2+ years hit a nerve because it insuated my point as invalid. I know I responded in a way that was wronf and I'm sorry. Everyone has a life outside the game.

But some people have put plenty of time into the game but haven't had the same luck as others. For this challenge, if you were lucky enough to pull the correct champs, or had enough free time in life to grind the arena for those champs, this will be easy for you. But it doesn't make the point invalid that a lot of people don't have 6+ hours a day to grind arena or get lucky pulling these champs from crystals.

Sorry for my response earlier. Have a good day.
  • Options
    Rakot_UofCRakot_UofC Posts: 39
    It was a challenge for my 4* 4/40 champs
    I don’t understand why so many people are so upset. First, coldsnap is survivable especially if you bring a champion with regen. Second, safeguard wasn’t even a thing I had to think of because Iceman’s 1% of health was higher than the damage I could make in one hit. To be fair, I didn’t fight with my 4/40, cause I have a better roster (here’s a complaint about the biased poll). As somebody said, when Coulson’s challenge came out, I could finish it too. I don’t blame Dave for his choice,he likes iceman, he chose him.

Also, Last time we had boss rush so many complained it was too easy. You just can’t please everyone.
  • Options
    Jac094Jac094 Posts: 198
    stop crying
  • Options
    luffy_91luffy_91 Posts: 27
    Dude, its a 6* Boss Rush. It was ment to be challenge for higher level players. Of course lower level players faced difficulty. If you have 5/50 and above champs it will be challenging. Anything lower than that will have to use revives. So stop whining.
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★

@Spurgeo14

so its possible.

@ContestOfNoobs

@Spurgeo14
    oh wow here we goo
    pull out the "life card"

To be honest, being single and being married/having kids are 2 very different things. No disrespect to anyone because honestly everyone goes through those phases. From gaming 14 hours a day to now gaming 2-5 hours a day, I can attest to those changes.

You'll know buddy in a few more years once you complete your degree and enter the next phase of life and maybe start your own family. Also, it depends on the line of work as to how much someone can actually play on their phone, some jobs just need you to place your phones in safekeeping before entering the work area.

ok but this isnt the first time someone pulling out the "life card" in self defense.

look at camp ent, or dorky dave they both have families and run a youtube channel, but you dont hear them whining about omg my life is in the way why cant i play more blah blah blah, simply if you CANT beat the content and arent willing to grind for champs in arena or havent been playing as much then maybe you need to know sometimes you cant clear anything.

imagine if they made content for the 1% of the ENDGAME players, like LoL type of challenge, the 99% of the community would cry.

people CRIED about
    the collector
    ice pheonix
    magneto boss rush
    and NOW iceman boss rush

Everyone wants the rewards but the community keeps crying on challenges that are to hard for what there account can do.

just keep playing and keep on grinding maybe u will get lucky and get the champ you want.
    if you want a game where they JUST give you the character BUT u NEED to grind resources to make them strong.

i suggest marvel future fight otherwise this game relies heavily on getting lucky and playing extremely well.
    not every person who has a blade is skilled enough.
  • Options
    im really pissed about this, i completed yes, but i have to spend more than i thought, even the kamala or wakandian warrior werem't so difficult

I don't think anyone should be spending anything, at least not yet, unless they genuinely wanted to spend on the event. You had two weeks to complete the event; you could have just tried again. I completed it on my sixth or seventh run through, which I think was part of the challenge: to learn what worked best and try things out, to get the best result. It is such a short map with low energy costs so the cost to try multiple times is relatively low.
  • Options
    just keep playing and keep on grinding maybe u will get lucky and get the champ you want.

There is a lot of luck involved in this game in the short term, but in my opinion luck is less a factor in the long run. In the long run, efficient and skillful play eventually overtakes luck. Smart play generates much more resources which eventually creates its own luck.
  • Options
    Unknown_SoldierUnknown_Soldier Posts: 154 ★★
    edited March 2018
    I got Rocket Racoon and honestly half the possible champions in the crystal award are TRASH!

Honesty, who wants a Rocket, Antman or Venom? Unless you don't have ANY of these champs the difficulty is not worth the awards.

I would have rather gotten a 4-star awakening gem. Better yet, if your going to have mediocre champs as part of award pool make those champs 5-star versions at least.

For those that are cynical and say it was easy....not everyone has every God Tier champ. Some of us NEVER got a single decent 5 and have make do with 4 stars.....

This boss rush was most disappointing out of all the ones released for awards a d it definitely required near perfect skill. Also I'm going say it and keep saying it....

FIX THE BLOCKING MECHANIC. At least 2 times your AI punches through my block with a medium. And that Iceman was a nightmare.....
  • Options
    JubaknightJubaknight Posts: 82
    Iceman coldsnape is not fair escpecially Kabam doesn’t allow player to build their own roster and it is all random. Also, building a roster with many utilities is very hard and time consuming (extremely). 100 top allaiances r exception.
  • Options
    Jubaknight wrote: »
    Iceman coldsnape is not fair
    image.gif

• Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    ok but this isnt the first time someone pulling out the "life card" in self defense.

look at camp ent, or dorky dave they both have families and run a youtube channel, but you dont hear them whining about omg my life is in the way why cant i play more blah blah blah, simply if you CANT beat the content and arent willing to grind for champs in arena or havent been playing as much then maybe you need to know sometimes you cant clear anything.

Let me be clear on another fact. The guy who replied to you and myself - both of us cleared the content.

Another thing, whatever degree you are doing, let me assure you that you have more free time than someone at a later stage, so ofcourse you can grind more and dedicate more of that free time to this game. You don't have to run around to kids' school, or for an emergency deployment or if your spouse/kid gets sick. You decide how you dedicate your life, everyone does, there are ppl on this game for 14-18 hours who work and pump money into it, because that is what they do.

I am sure that running a youtube channel is probably their job for now, it is a real time consuming thing to do. It doesn't mean that they do not have a life, their life is just different from a regular 8-5 job.

Again, we both cleared the content, but that doesn't mean that the Iceman fight is fair due to the excessive unavoidable damage and also WHEN compared to the other fights in the same scenario.

How would you like if you are giving your degree exams and the subject is Quantum Physics, but suddenly the last question is from Thermodynamics or Relativity.
  • Options
    Why dont people just use a health boost for the Iceman?

Then, yanno, don't get hit. Iceman is easy to fight when you understand how to evade his specials. He's very predictable.

Wasn't there a video break down of exactly how to beat Ice Man/ice phoenix made by one of these content creators? :) YouTube and Google are your friends people
  • Options
    How would you like if you are giving your degree exams and the subject is Quantum Physics, but suddenly the last question is from Thermodynamics or Relativity.

It is probably an easier question.
  • Options
    Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    Sigh.
    Cold snap is very survivable with 4/40 4* champs with a health boost. You can also reduce the damage by bringing a tech champ or a regen champ. You need to be good at evading iceman’s specials, and you need skilled play. I thought this was a pretty good challenge overall tbh.
  • Options
    Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    Learn to fight, you can do it with 3 stars.
  • Options
    Cats73 wrote: »
    Sigh.
    Cold snap is very survivable with 4/40 4* champs with a health boost. You can also reduce the damage by bringing a tech champ or a regen champ. You need to be good at evading iceman’s specials, and you need skilled play. I thought this was a pretty good challenge overall tbh.

As was discussed with Ice Phoenix, Rogue is also an excellent counter to cold snap because she shakes it off extremely fast. Brian Grant discovered in his 3* attempt that even 3* Rogue can easily survive the initial cold snap from the 6* Iceman in the boss rush. Rogue is an even better option for boss rush Iceman than she was against Ice Phoenix due to the lack of heal block in the boss rush.
  • Options
    Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 691 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Cats73 wrote: »
    Sigh.

As was discussed with Ice Phoenix, Rogue is also an excellent counter to cold snap because she shakes it off extremely fast. Brian Grant discovered in his 3* attempt that even 3* Rogue can easily survive the initial cold snap from the 6* Iceman in the boss rush. Rogue is an even better option for boss rush Iceman than she was against Ice Phoenix due to the lack of heal block in the boss rush.

by beating with 3stars he is show off and by showing off he saying that I'm better then you and you all suck.

• Options
    Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    Foxhero007 wrote: »

by beating with 3stars he is show off and by showing off he saying that I'm better then you and you all suck.
    He’s trying to show that it’s possible with 3 star champs to encourage those who are struggling to beat the boss rush to keep on trying...