**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

4 star duped AA to max out OR 5 star unduped rogue to R3

Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,173 ★★★
edited March 2018 in Strategy and Tips
Hey guys. As the thread description says, I would like your opinions on to max out 4 star duped AA or R3 unduped 5 star rogue? I'm close to having 3 t4cc mutant. Regarding me in brief, I finished collector 1 month back, explored uncollected of March. My main questing team is 5 star r3 unduped Ghost rider, 4 star duped maxed out Hyperion, ice, quake and sparky. Only GR is 5 star and unduped. These are my top champs. I use these for story questing, aq and aw as well. Kindly give your valuable opinions.

4 star duped AA to max out OR 5 star unduped rogue to R3 48 votes

5 star rogue to R3 (unduped)
41%
KpatrixArrsssSpity68TeddersFoxhero007vinniegainztaojay1ElitehunterStrikerrx8ljainD5Quatre_1988Vaultredsoxpatsfan89Shadow_PhoneixMrOnizukaFhfjghhggggjfhfjgRuben101Xeon_SRT21blazingskyx27Ibby 20 votes
Max out 4 star duped AA
58%
thetaman23TheLazyKingbuffajrAfridTonyStarkVision_41HeroBoltsyUC439Ravenrob_33NCB_ptReDeXeDeRnameplasGNASTYPferderShaheerFIazKayne34Jeppy3377imnooneDOCTORSTRANGEARGHYAPizzabeat 28 votes

Comments

• xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    edited March 2018
    This is tough. I would rank both but not sure which one first. Rogue is my main champ for AQ but I use AA more for normal questing as he deals crazy damage.
  • Max out 4 star duped AA
    Ok
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,173 ★★★
    Guys please also vote and write up why you think a particular option better than other. Thankyou
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I didn't vote because there are only 2 options. I'd say it depends on what you need. AA is a huge help with Attack. He deals decent Damage, as long as there's no Immunity. Rogue on the other hand, is good for sustainability. It's really up to what you need for your Roster right now.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    ARCHANGEL
    Pros:
    •Heavy bypasses Mordo
    •Heavy reliant style bypasses Modok
    •Will kill easily
    •Neurotoxins And Poison manage regen champs like Saber and Goblin and have AAR

Cons:
    •Best strategy is spamming heavy and blocks making it harder to just switch between champs
    •Poison immune denies poison and neurotoxins
    •Bleed immune denies ALL 3 damagingly effects
    •AAR is only when awakened and if wbemy is susceptible to neurotoxin

ROGUE
    Pros:
    •Can punish enemies that love to stack buffs
    •Sustain
    •Power Control
    •Shrugging

Cons:
    •More reliant on signature
    •Buff punishing is short lived
    They both have equal pros and cons to balance
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,173 ★★★
    Thankyou @GroundedWisdom and @Mr_Otter for your comments. But I already know these characteristics. Problem is I am having difficulty in choosing which to upgrade 1st. I already have 4 star duped ice man maxed out. I would love to max out AA as well but just today I pulled rogue 5 star. Now if I think that game has progressed and 5 stars are the need of hour just because there is about to go further again then I feel rogue. But then again AA is really really amazing too. I explored uncollected event this month with whatever 5 champs that I mentioned that I have. If you can point me towards a better option over other that would be helpful. Thankyou
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I'd go with AA. 5*s have slightly higher Stats, but he's quite viable, even against higher Rarities. I have him R5. No regrets. It's tough because they're both viable. I'd go with him first.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    I figure rogue is great but needs the sig to take full advantage of the lifesteal, AA can melt enemies that other champs might struggle against.

I have both at 4/40, AA has a permanent spot in my questing team and I would rather use mordo, magik or even loki against buff heavy champs instead of rogue and only if AA is not viable.

I am not uncollected and don't do much in AQ/AW

I am a bit sour for ranking quake to 5 then pulling a 5* quake a couple of weeks later so I might suggest you wait until you pull a 5* AA or Iceman since you obviously don't struggle at your gameplay level.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I would say go with rogue at this point, she is going to be more useful in aq because of the new sentinels. AA won't do anything to them with their immunity, but you'll get utility out of rogue as long as you don't face the techs.

I have a r4 5* rogue and 4* r5 AA, AA can outdamage rogue by miles against the right champs, but rogue has the sustainability that really helps. If you make a mistake, an L1 will get your health up quick (when duped with a crit it's about 5k). You will only get around 1k with her unduped at r3, but in long fights it helps. It's really a tough call though, because AA is so great when you get his full benefit. In the long run, 5* are going to be the way to go as you can take them higher.
    Anurag1606 wrote: »
    Thankyou @GroundedWisdom and @Mr_Otter for your comments. But I already know these characteristics. Problem is I am having difficulty in choosing which to upgrade 1st. I already have 4 star duped ice man maxed out. I would love to max out AA as well but just today I pulled rogue 5 star. Now if I think that game has progressed and 5 stars are the need of hour just because there is about to go further again then I feel rogue. But then again AA is really really amazing too. I explored uncollected event this month with whatever 5 champs that I mentioned that I have. If you can point me towards a better option over other that would be helpful. Thankyou

AA

R3 unduped myself (consider him my “welcome back” from a few month hiatus)

Personally AA is far more destructive and less reliant on signature. He’s got less favorable matchups than a lot of champs normally do but the matchups he DOES fair well in… Well he was my GO TO for 5.4.4 MODOK BOSS! 2 revived doing 70% of the Damage after everyone else (including Gwenpool) died

While 5*s can take you further they are 5x harder to get a good dupe on thanks to just the shards alone unfortunately making them less viable when sig reliant.

But roughly the same stats AA has to be priority IMO(!) as X23 can easily substitute for Rogue if you manage to get her 5* and she doesn’t need to be duped for that. AA is very useful in just annihilating enemies left right center and behind you.

I DO run inequity which does greatly my survivability in a lot of champs including AA so your usage will likely be different but overall there is a reason AA is one of the best Mutants to get
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 690 ★★★
    I voted for Rouge because I don't know who or what is AA.
    Foxhero007 wrote: »

ARCH-ANGEL
    Mr_Otter wrote: »

ARCH-ANGEL

why didn't they just say so.
    Mr_Otter wrote: »

ARCH-ANGEL

why didn't they just say so.

Because the community loves making communicating champion names easier as typing Archangel, Killmonger, Ghost Rider, Stark Enhanced Spider-Man, Gwenpool, Luke Cage and all the multiple worded and awkwardly worded names gets annoying when you consider it takes up space in chats.

While most alliances use Line, this abbreviating goes back to the beginning and it stuck and it’s more convienent to say:

“My go to team is VD, GP, AA, SL, and Magik”
    Vs
    “Voodoo, Gwenpool, Archangel, Star Lord and Magik”
    (Which takes up equal or greater message space as me setting up that those 5 champions are my go to team)
    it just lazy and not everyone good to have every champion name memorize let alone the abbreviation for them and its Spider-man (Stark Enhanced) not (Stark Enhanced) Spider-man
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Spelling mistakes and lack of punctuation is also lazy, yet here we are.
  • Ruben101Ruben101 Posts: 49
    Rouge is amazing even unduped and she can deal a lot of damage but she doesn’t inflict debuffs.