**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam, please add more ways to acquireT4CC's.

It takes way too long to acquire T4 Class Catalysts. I end up selling ISO because I don't have any champs I want to level up and I'm waiting around to rank up desired champs. Can't rank up without T4 CC's. I'm getting bored with the game because I'm no longer advancing my champs (not enough T4CC's). Very frustrating.

Comments

• MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Get in an alliance that does Map 5 3 to 5 times a week. Soon (ish) you will have them coming out your ears.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    I agree with you mate, but it seems like if you join the right alliance, you could have a few t4cc within a few months.

Within 2 months now, I have 3 skill , 2 tech, 2 mystic, 3 science and 1 each of mutant, cosmic.

Sad part is that I need 3 each of mutant and cosmic.
  • The problem is finding an alliance that is accepting people who don't have 5+ 5/50 4* champs or better
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Map 5 alliances want people who have champs that can help them win Alliance Wars a person with 4/40s who will struggle on days 4 and 5 and get zero defensive kills in AW will not cut it in most competitive Map 5 alliances.

Solo progression is needed in the game
  • Stevie_Stars1Stevie_Stars1 Posts: 253
    I currently have class cats overflowing in my stash right now... less the one I need (skill). You really have to play for them as some mentioned... Meaning work your way up starting with an alliance that fits your current state and progress from there. It does suck that playing only solo makes it very difficult to rank and obtain items but this game was really designed to be sustained through AW and AQ. They are the constants while the story mode and event quests are one and done.... less special events which recycle every month but... you get my point. My, personal, issue is lack of gold. NEED GOLD!
    edited March 2018
    @Stevie_Stars1

Solo progression is needed in the game, joining an alliance not growing with that alliance and jumping to a different alliance because you think you can get better rewards is hurting the game.

Having alliances compete to keep good players is better for the game overall. Being able to improve your roster with solo progression will make alliance play stronger and more competitive, right now it’s easier to burnout and quit
    @addisonbassist

I’m hoping Kabam addresses the disproportionate progression scale between solo play and alliance play in the very near future particularly before too many more vets quit
  • You really just need to work, but there should occasionally be an easier way. Like honestly it should be easier for Mid-level players
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    I have no problem with active alliances growing rosters far faster than solo players but the solo guy gets whacked twice, slower champ collection rate AND very limited opportunity to rank the champs they have.

I keep reading "get into map 5" so I'd be happy to see a list of those who will take summoners rocking 4/40's or 2/35's and understand that these guys probably wont have 15+ decent champs at that level to be active in all facets of the game.
    phillgreen wrote: »
    I have no problem with active alliances growing rosters far faster than solo players but the solo guy gets whacked twice, slower champ collection rate AND very limited opportunity to rank the champs they have.

I keep reading "get into map 5" so I'd be happy to see a list of those who will take summoners rocking 4/40's or 2/35's and understand that these guys probably wont have 15+ decent champs at that level to be active in all facets of the game.

Yeah, when people say join a Map 5 Alliance, they are being jerks for the most part because they would be the first people trying to kick the guy with the 4/40s getting destroyed in AW and not clearing paths in AQ.

Not mention the Map 5 crystals full Catalyst drop rate isn’t that great and to get a T4CC crystal from AQ you have to be in a top 300 alliance which means you have to run Map 6 and have a 6k or 7k prestige.

More players need to speak up about solo progression
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I understand where the argument is coming from. I've said it myself in the past. However, they have increased the ways to acquire them quite a bit since then. I have a few ideas for the T4CC Arena that might alleviate the wait. I think you just need to keep chipping away at it. Once you get to a point where your Roster is stronger, it gets easier. There may still be room for improvement, but it's alot more available now than it used to be.
    edited March 2018
    Why do you need only one? There are six Classes of Champs. Any R5/R3 will help you progress. Rank one and earn more later.
    That's how the Crystals work. We roll them. We don't get to pick the Class. There's also the Glory Store, and you don't need to be an End-Game Player to purchase Frags. There are alternating Classes. If you can manage to do all, or part of Master, you can get Frag Crystals. Which are also given periodically along with full Cat Crystals. I know it takes time, but they're alot more available than they used to be. There may still be room for improvement, but it's still going to take longer because the primary source is AQ.
    edited March 2018
    To be fair, I have suggested adding Frag Crystals to the Milestones of the Cat Arena, as well as making the T4CC Frag Proving Grounds a regular occurrence. Even if it was a small amount of Frags and on a sparse schedule. Everything helps people starting out.
  • RisengawRisengaw Posts: 30
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    when people say to join a map 5 alliance, those people should be inviting you to join theirs

So true though lol.
  • OzzziieOzzziie Posts: 35
    I went through that drag and even got down graded in alliances because I wasn't lucky enough to match the right champ with the right T4CC crystal.

All I can say is the additional of Monthly quests has really helped me gain T4CC even though my current alliance doesn't gain a whole T4CC a week or every other week in AQ.

Map 5 does help too. But they are right, you need to have a good enough roster to get in an alliance that can do Map5.

My alliance currently can't accept anyone without 1 r4 5*, and at least 10 r5 4*/r3 5*. (aka all r5 4*/r3 5* attackers and defenders.) We tried accepting less and just kept loosing in AW.
  • KossukoseKossukose Posts: 59
    No
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    There is also the issue of life responsibilities, some of us are not behind a cubical wall where we can sneak and play when our energy restores. Some of us actually do things that require our entire focus for every minute we are doing it! So tired of "join an alliance" as an answer. If you can close your office door and play, or go on a break and play, or take frequent bathroom breaks, or play under your desk when you aught to be learning...well guess that is your business...I am too busy handling mine to adjust my schedule for 29 other guys and a handful of virtual rewards and kudos from people who really don't even matter in my lifes...more t4cc should be added to the game it is esential to growth and advancement and has been reserved for the upper tier to the point you have so much you can't use it...
    Rap wrote: »
    There is also the issue of life responsibilities, some of us are not behind a cubical wall where we can sneak and play when our energy restores. Some of us actually do things that require our entire focus for every minute we are doing it! So tired of "join an alliance" as an answer. If you can close your office door and play, or go on a break and play, or take frequent bathroom breaks, or play under your desk when you aught to be learning...well guess that is your business...I am too busy handling mine to adjust my schedule for 29 other guys and a handful of virtual rewards and kudos from people who really don't even matter in my lifes...more t4cc should be added to the game it is esential to growth and advancement and has been reserved for the upper tier to the point you have so much you can't use it...

I’m one of the biggest supporters of solo progression but Alliance Play is part of the game, there is no way that a single player should amass the same amount of resources that 30 ppl as a collective earn. Simply put it wouldn’t be fair.

However there should be Mode in the game that is unique to solo players a mode that alliance players can’t access where solo players can earn rewards that will help with progression
    Sig! I absolutely would spend more time playing but you see...I don't have 29 guys restoring my energy and reviving my champs...so I can't play as often or as long without spending... maybe you should play as a solo player before you denigrate people talking about things of which you are clueless.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    I agree with the OP, and @Rap, to an extent. Solo progression is really slow; and T4CC is the main stumbling block. It took literally years for me to rank up just one 4* of each class to 5/50, and I still don't have any rank three five stars.

But, without wanting to sound like a Kabam apologist, it can be done!

Kabam said they would make these kinds of catalysts more easily accessible; and in the last six months, I've very clearly been accruing more T4CCs more quickly; and I'm now starting to rank up my second set of 5/50 or 3/45 champs (first 3/45 champ will be Magik, when I've next got enough T4Bs).

There are more T4CC shard crystals available in Event quests, and bonus quests like the Stark quests and Black Panther trials; enough for at least the equivalent of one T4CC per month. Every few months there are unit offers for T4CC crystals, and you can grind enough to buy them.

I don't think we need vastly more T4CCs available; but ironically, the only place that Kabam hasn't made it easier to acquire T4 Class and Basic catalysts is the only place you used to be able to get them at all - the Class Catalyst arenas.

If Kabam would just finally update the milestones for those arenas (which haven't changed in the years!) with T4B shards and T4CC shard crystals, solo progression would finally stop being painfully slow; whilst necessarily still being well behind that Alliance players.

Come on Kabam: update the arena rewards. You know it makes sense!
    What I don't understand is why we ALL ( i.e. the real community) can't band together around the simplest solution which is for better things to come out of chests! It is fair across the board and could help all of us if things like t4cc share Crystal's dropped or, (since they love making little pieces out of big things) shards for a t4cc crystal! Gold Crystal's for the upper tier...ultra rare drops like on harder content like 5 star awakening since 5s are undupable for many after the mass dumping of them in the crystal. No just walking through knowing you will get this or that anymore...a way even a lower tier player can catch a break. Put more ambushes and better drops from those champs..