**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

LIVE 3* BOSS rush challenge, (Lagacy being challenged by BG)

ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
to those who dont even bother using 3* at all for these challenges,

bg used all 3* with only 2 items used

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8ZddLYI0Ws&feature=push-lbss&attr_tag=OwWUyutinEymoGVB-6

Comments

• IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    I'd love to see the masterie setup he has.. Seems to be taking loads of hits to bring them down..
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Do I need to bring popcorn? Is it going to be as interesting as the 4Loki & Omni drama? :D
    LOL just kidding, joke aside, still very good skill to get 100+ combo with 3* champs in the rush and last for so long, no doubt
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    I’d rather watch you try to do it with 4 stars and no items used @ContestOfNoobs
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    I was very happy to see him do it with only 3 stars, it shuts down a lot of the complainers. Still, he used more than 2 items, don't invalidate the achievement by overexagerrating it
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Omni wrote: »
    I’d rather watch you try to do it with 4 stars and no items used @ContestOfNoobs

you would say that, there really is no point of me doing it, i
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    IOSJasoN wrote: »
    I'd love to see the masterie setup he has.. Seems to be taking loads of hits to bring them down..

He shows his mastery setup in the video.
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    taojay1 wrote: »
    I was very happy to see him do it with only 3 stars, it shuts down a lot of the complainers. Still, he used more than 2 items, don't invalidate the achievement by overexagerrating it

so you know the mastery setup he used ????
    5 in assassin
    4 in deep wounds
    the mid card player can't get those without atleast 10k units
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★

Just because someone competes content with 3*s doesn't mean it's any easier for other people.

The point isn't that it's made any easier. The point is that it is absolutely doable with lower rosters and little item usage. At this point its down to pure skill. If someone doesn't have the 3* roster as well, then they're simply not ready for the content.
    Grimmbear wrote: »

Just because someone competes content with 3*s doesn't mean it's any easier for other people.

The point isn't that it's made any easier. The point is that it is absolutely doable with lower rosters and little item usage. At this point its down to pure skill. If someone doesn't have the 3* roster as well, then they're simply not ready for the content.

exactly!!!!
    what if someone uses all 5*? would u say the same thing @GroundedWisdom ?!
    "so anybody with 5* that completes it with 5*, doesn't mean it's any easier for other people."

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    At this point, it's just becoming people mocking others who are having a hard time.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

But it means that it’s possible for them to do it so why should it be made easier? That means it isn’t a case of git gud for your account, it’s a case of work on your skills, practice practice practice and you’ll be able to do it. Why is bad to have content that requires a skill level above what some players to do?
    At this point, it's just becoming people mocking others who are having a hard time.

@GroundedWisdom is that directed at me? I did not mock anyone in regard to the challenge. I agree it’s hard but it’s a level of hard that can be completed by those who are skilled enough. Do you agree with the points I made in the post I quoted above?

If it’s possible to do with 3* and the right amount of skill, then surely you’d agree that it’s helpful to the players who can’t do it for players who can to tell them to keep grinding, keep practicing and growing as a player and they’ll be able to do It?

Mocking? What mocking?
    When the reference is made that it should stop all the "whiners", that's mocking. The comparison is not even pertinent. I have no issues with BG and Lagacy having fun and challenging each other. Making the statement that it should be easy for others if they have the skill is not relative to their concerns. Someone who has completed Legends Runs, runs on LOL, and access to the Units for the Mastery setup can do it with 3*s. That's not a testament to how doable it is for everyone else. Let's just TL:DR it. You're trying to invalidate the struggles other people are having.

The struggles of...?
    1. not having a strong enough roster
    2. not having the skill to beat it
    3. both 1 and 2.
    That mocking.
    edited March 2018
    That mocking.

its better to get hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie.

@BitterSteel
    i agree, but that guy doesnt get it.

i USED to not be able to 100% heroic, then when i did, i COULDNT 100% master mode back in the day.
    i couldnt do Map 5, i got KICKED for not being skilled enough and not clearing my paths and i would always die.

now im doing map 6.

we all struggled and in time you WILL get better with progression skill and roster wise.

• HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    When the reference is made that it should stop all the "whiners", that's mocking. The comparison is not even pertinent. I have no issues with BG and Lagacy having fun and challenging each other. Making the statement that it should be easy for others if they have the skill is not relative to their concerns. Someone who has completed Legends Runs, runs on LOL, and access to the Units for the Mastery setup can do it with 3*s. That's not a testament to how doable it is for everyone else. Let's just TL:DR it. People are trying to invalidate the struggles other people are having.

Lol no one here is mocking anyone (except maybe you). The point being made is that the challenge can be reasonably completed with 3*s. Those struggling can watch these videos and other Mcoc youtubers who made guides on this challenge and get an idea of how to beat it. The trick to beating this challenge is not just about pure skill, it’s more about bringing the right champs and using the right strategy. There is a ton of helpful videos/info out there to those struggling.

And it is called the Community’s Choice Boss Rush Challenge for a reason. It is not called the Community’s Choice Logon Calendar Reward.
    I wasn't quoting you originally. I was talking about the argument that people are just whining. You can't compare BG with people who are struggling. For that matter, what difference does it make to others personally if someone thinks it's too hard? Something that happens too often here. Someone has a hard time with something and everyone comes on to point out how easy it is. Only they're speaking from their own point of view and not for the person struggling. We don't need to make argument after argument shutting people down who think it's too much. It's just different points of view. Some think it's easy. Some think it's too hard. Some are in the middle. Some don't care. Who's to say who is right or wrong? Each side speaks for their own experience. The problem comes when people start to speak for what others need and take some kind of superior attitude.
    When the reference is made that it should stop all the "whiners", that's mocking. The comparison is not even pertinent. I have no issues with BG and Lagacy having fun and challenging each other. Making the statement that it should be easy for others if they have the skill is not relative to their concerns. Someone who has completed Legends Runs, runs on LOL, and access to the Units for the Mastery setup can do it with 3*s. That's not a testament to how doable it is for everyone else. Let's just TL:DR it. People are trying to invalidate the struggles other people are having.

Well then i didnt do any mocking man..

This is a game of progress, where one can't expect to beat all content at the get go. It's simply not possible. It takes time, dedication and improvement. No one can hop in and go into act 5 with a level 2 account, they have to put in the time to get the proper roster. That's not a bad thing. None of us started out destroying difficult content. And that's okay, that is how this game, and life, works.
    An analogy that I think is apt is about track and field. I started TnF in 10th grade, having done sports all my life. I was always pretty fast compared to those in sports like bball and soccer.
    I hopped into track thinking i was going to obliterate and move up in the rankings quickly. I was completely and utterly wrong. See, track isnt something you can be great at from the beginning. You have to put in the hours. Watching VoD of better runners, analyzing film of yourself, exhausting yourself in training and the gym, etc. With enough work, one can eventually move up to the more difficult events with better seeding.
    It took me until 12th grade of my spring season to become what i considered a great high school runner. I was improving my times every meet. But i never stopped working. Teammates, coaches, yt, etc all gave me stepping stones to reach the milestone i strived for- nationals. I was so happy that all my work had paid off. It took forever, but it was completely worth it. I could run with the best, and I'm now able to run D1 at my college. No one thats just started would be able to best me. That's just how it is. But eventually, with enough time n effort, they can catch amd even surpass people like me.
    That's what this game is. Catching others, getting to the point where you can be great, and accepting that sometimes, its up to you to improve.

Lol no one here is mocking anyone (except maybe you). The point being made is that the challenge can be reasonably completed with 3*s. Those struggling can watch these videos and other Mcoc youtubers who made guides on this challenge and get an idea of how to beat it. The trick to beating this challenge is not just about pure skill, it’s more about bringing the right champs and using the right strategy. There is a ton of helpful videos/info out there to those struggling.

And it is called the Community’s Choice Boss Rush Challenge for a reason. It is not called the Community’s Choice Logon Calendar Reward.

Define reasonable. Reasonable for who?
    I wasn't quoting you originally. I was talking about the argument that people are just whining. You can't compare BG with people who are struggling. For that matter, what difference does it make to others personally if someone thinks it's too hard? Something that happens too often here. Someone has a hard time with something and everyone comes on to point out how easy it is. Only they're speaking from their own point of view and not for the person struggling. We don't need to make argument after argument shutting people down who think it's too much. It's just different points of view. Some think it's easy. Some think it's too hard. Some are in the middle. Some don't care. Who's to say who is right or wrong? Each side speaks for their own experience. The problem comes when people start to speak for what others need and take some kind of superior attitude.

I dont think anyone reasonable is saying that people have invalid opinions. Only that sometimes, the right thing to do is accept your flaws and go about finding ways to fix them, in ways that aren't limited to complaining

I dont think anyone reasonable is saying that people have invalid opinions. Only that sometimes, the right thing to do is accept your flaws and go about finding ways to fix them, in ways that aren't limited to complaining

It's also not reasonable to assume anytime someone has a challenge they're just not skilled, brush it off as whining and entitlement, and immediately jump into a solution for their problem, just because they expressed their own opinion. Perhaps not you personally, but collectively, that's what happens here. People have valid concerns, and they have the right to be heard as well. I'm not saying I agree either way, easy or hard. What I'm speaking to is discrediting the comments people make based on someone else's experience. Maybe it is doable. Maybe it is too specific in its target. Who knows? People who are asking for harder content have the right to be heard, but so do those who are asking for something more doable for them. There's no real "for everyone" perspective when you're talking about different points of growth.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

That sounds awfully familiar when someone here posted they were constantly running out of gold and you were telling them they needed to do more arena LOL

“The problem comes when people start to speak for what others need” 🤣
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    The problem comes when people start to speak for what others need and take some kind of superior attitude.

Ummmm that's your main m.o (modus operandi)

It's also not reasonable to assume anytime someone has a challenge they're just not skilled, brush it off as whining and entitlement, and immediately jump into a solution for their problem, just because they expressed their own opinion. Perhaps not you personally, but collectively, that's what happens here. People have valid concerns, and they have the right to be heard as well. I'm not saying I agree either way, easy or hard. What I'm speaking to is discrediting the comments people make based on someone else's experience. Maybe it is doable. Maybe it is too specific in its target. Who knows? People who are asking for harder content have the right to be heard, but so do those who are asking for something more doable for them. There's no real "for everyone" perspective when you're talking about different points of growth.

What do you think is the problem with content then? Or is it too varied to say? Or is your issue simply the way people respond? If so, how would people be able to reply in a manner that suits the person with the difficulty issue?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

No I actually agree with you 100% here. I can’t speak for anyone else when I found the challenge medium difficulty bordering on easy. That’s just where I am in the game, I don’t say that to show off.

I don’t mind if someone comes here and says they found something too hard, or that they couldn’t do it. I’m happy giving tips and advice as to how I did it or how I’d suggest they’d do it. The problem is, most advice that these players need is just to grind the arenas, act 4 and 5, RoL and practice practice practice their skills to improve. I guess you could say that’s “git gud” but it’s not got the negative connotations of “gut gud”. It’s simply how to progress and beat those challenges.

My issue arises when people who find it hard, whine and moan that its impossible and should be made easier. And that’s where I say no, they are just not in a position to complete that content at the Time. Which means the content should not be made easier. Just like me with LoL 100%. I’m not there yet, but when I am I will be a thousand times Happier that I persevered instead of writing a post on the forum to make kabam change the difficulty.

Do you agree with that?

What do you think is the problem with content then? Or is it too varied to say? Or is your issue simply the way people respond? If so, how would people be able to reply in a manner that suits the person with the difficulty issue?

My point is the comparison is not a fair one to make. Someone who has advanced to End-Game and has the Resources and time to do it with 3*s for fun is not a fair testament to the fact that other people should be able to do it. If someone is having a hard time and thinks there should be more doable content for them, let them say it. Really shouldn't matter to the people that find it easy. What happens is it becomes minimizing the issues other people are having.