**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

when will gold rewards be revisited [edited by mod for clarification]

RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
We in the MCOC community understand that you guys want players to continue to play this game. By coming out with more content, and more champs, naturally we continue to play and strengthen our rosters.
We also understand that there will always be a deficit in this game, about 5-6 months ago T4CC seemed unobtainable for the majority of the community. Now, they are flying in and some users are having trouble avoiding them from expiring.
So now the deficit for a lot of users is gold. We understand we wont always have everything we need to rank, nor do we expect that..
However, usually Kabam comes out with a post addressing these deficits. So the MCOC community is simply asking when will gold rewards be revisited, or will a gold realm be coming our way soon?
It is beginning to be very difficult for users to keep up with donations, and rank up their champs. & before you people come in and say do arena do arena. I get that, its a great place for gold, but the majority of players dont have time to grind arena to rank their 5* champs. We just would like to know if the gold issue being at least talked about on your side?
Post edited by Kabam Sophia on

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I'll start with I am a player that doesn't grind arena like I should, I need gold, and would like gold realms. However:

The problem with this logic is you want players who don't have time for arena to have easier access to gold to compete with those that do arena. You want the same rewards for doing less. This is the biggest complaint from people who do have time to grind.

Maybe a solution includes the changing of gold rewards in arena in the milestones. Give more a reward of gold for grinding.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    They should increase gold rewards and add a gold store. This allows the people who grind from arena to still get extra rewards without limiting the rankups of everyone else.
  • SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 223 ★★
    Funny this post was edited by a mod.....but all I hear is crickets!! No answer as usual. LMFAO
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    @SnakeEyes69 yeah bro they edited cuz i tagged miike. i see posts with him tagged and other mods tagged all the time but those dont get edited. idk why but they either edit, or delete every post i make. probably cause i speak facts only
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    I'll start with I am a player that doesn't grind arena like I should, I need gold, and would like gold realms. However:

The problem with this logic is you want players who don't have time for arena to have easier access to gold to compete with those that do arena. You want the same rewards for doing less. This is the biggest complaint from people who do have time to grind.

Maybe a solution includes the changing of gold rewards in arena in the milestones. Give more a reward of gold for grinding.

That's a nicer way of saying what I'm thinking. I'm all to aware what it's like not to have enough gold but I haven't had that issue in a while. Why? Because I grind arena. I've spent countless hours tapping away. When I read a post like this all I read is "I want what he has without putting in the same work" I guarantee if people short on gold do arena more and wait they will have plenty of gold later.
    @Rixob I don't have a gold shortage (14m+) but it's because I barely rank anymore. No point in ranking 4* anymore. I already have 15 r5 4* but I do know the frustration in getting all that gold. I don't rank cause all my 5* are useless other than Blade. How I was lucky enough to get him is beyond me. But he's my only good 5* the rest are junk Groot, Kabala Khan ect, ect. Kabam doesn't like hearing valid complaints. Game broken, champs that suck, resource shortages, lag ect. They most likely edit as you said cause your giving facts. Anyway Best of luck to you and hopefully they increase the gold.
    @DaMunk 100% I agree with you, or at least understand where you're coming from. I'm starting to think the best solution would be something that improves the value of grinding for all. More gold for people who do less arena, but maybe something else that people can spend gold on.

I've been stuck not upgrading for awhile, but looking at it, I don't know many upgrades that would REALLY affect me. Yeah, maybe I'd like to experiment with 1 or 2, but in the long run, they arent even in my C team.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    It's very easy to understand that gold should NOT be the major limiting factor in rank ups. Gold is used for more than just leveling champs. Plain and simple. Should Kabam flood us with gold? No. Does gold need adjusted? Yes 100%.

I personally don't think gold realm is the way to do it. I would rather see map 6 reward gold and BC like previous maps do, and a small bump to the BC/gold gain from milestone rewards in arena. Lastly, the gold crystal needs to have better odds of getting more than 2400 gold. I swear it's like 99% chance to get 2400 gold.
    @DaMunk I totally agree with you also. I would say 75% of my saved gold was grinding my ass off. But I've stopped grinding. Felt I was wasting my life away aimlessly tapping and swiping only to get a champ that will be obsolete in a few months time. So now the only grinding that I do is for some milestones. But I also do feel for the people who just don't have the time for it. I believe there should be a gold event every sunday instead of the 2* arena for crappy 2* shards
    @DaMunk I totally agree with you also. I would say 75% of my saved gold was grinding my ass off. But I've stopped grinding. Felt I was wasting my life away aimlessly tapping and swiping only to get a champ that will be obsolete in a few months time. So now the only grinding that I do is for some milestones. But I also do feel for the people who just don't have the time for it. I believe there should be a gold event every sunday instead of the 2* arena for crappy 2* shards

Or, do something like the 2* arena back in December. Instead of a 5* it gives a buttload of gold. It could kill 2 birds with one stone of making lower stars relevant
    Yeah i mean there is several things they could do, like increase drop rates for gold. I never do arena, i had 12k battle chips yesterday and said ill pop and uncollected crystal just to see. I got 15k gold for 10k battle chips. That is a slap in the face
  • SperaSpera Posts: 152
    First off this thread ,to me looks like it should be in the suggestion section
    Secondly there is no gold shortage in game in my opinion ... people are not suppose to be able to rank 3 or rank 4 a bunch of 5* champs they get at once from saving 5* shards .
    If you're in a competitive allience that naturally means going for all milestones possible (including arena events) and unless you're ranking up every champ you get you shouldn't have a problem with gold .
    I've never played any of the gold realms ,I donate my share and at times donate extra and I haven't dropped below 5m gold in ages .
    I normally only do enough arena to get rank rewards and rarely grind for top ranks .
    In short the only problem I see is on the people who are complaining's side
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Rixob wrote: »
    We in the MCOC community understand that you guys want players to continue to play this game. By coming out with more content, and more champs, naturally we continue to play and strengthen our rosters.
    We also understand that there will always be a deficit in this game, about 5-6 months ago T4CC seemed unobtainable for the majority of the community. Now, they are flying in and some users are having trouble avoiding them from expiring.
    So now the deficit for a lot of users is gold. We understand we wont always have everything we need to rank, nor do we expect that..
    However, usually Kabam comes out with a post addressing these deficits. So the MCOC community is simply asking when will gold rewards be revisited, or will a gold realm be coming our way soon?
    It is beginning to be very difficult for users to keep up with donations, and rank up their champs. & before you people come in and say do arena do arena. I get that, its a great place for gold, but the majority of players dont have time to grind arena to rank their 5* champs. We just would like to know if the gold issue being at least talked about on your side?

This was Miike's most recent answer:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/345751/#Comment_345751

No amount of forum activity will change this, the suits at Kabam HQ monitor the in-game economy and adjust it as they see fit. It's their game, their economy, your only right is to choose how (or indeed whether) you play the game.

Would I like more gold, do I think the game warrants it due to the increased costs of 5* and 6* champs? Absolutely, but I won't waste any more breath asking for it.
    @Spera then you my friend are in the minority it seems. and your comment did not contribute in any way shape or form lol so carry on sir
    Rixob wrote: »
    Yeah i mean there is several things they could do, like increase drop rates for gold. I never do arena, i had 12k battle chips yesterday and said ill pop and uncollected crystal just to see. I got 15k gold for 10k battle chips. That is a slap in the face

That's what I'm talking about. Definitely not trying to belittle you but when people say they never grind arena then ask for more gold, it comes off a little wrong. Arena is a major way to earn in game currencies. Others have spent tons of time there...not because they enjoy it but because they want the rewards. It's just how the game was designed, it's definitely a marathon not a sprint.
  • SperaSpera Posts: 152
    There is nothing to contribute sir.
    The problem is player based not in the game design so unless you want to hear the same repetitive answers ,then you're just basically letting off steam .
    @DaMunk I totally agree with you. Arena is very very rewarding. With units, battle chips and even gold. I understand that. But i work two jobs, 70 hours a week, and im an officer in my ally. Getting everyone on the same page and working so much i simply dont have the time to grind arena. I wish i did have the time believe me. I am just simply asking for an increase in rewards, or another way to obtain gold. It is undeniable that gold rewards should be revisited, as they are based off of the introduction of this game with 4* dominating. Now that 6* are out, i think they need to be increased.
    Fair enough.
    Spera wrote: »
    There is nothing to contribute sir.
    The problem is player based not in the game design so unless you want to hear the same repetitive answers ,then you're just basically letting off steam .

Just a few thoughts. I am in a higher alliance. Not top tier, but high enough where we receive good rank rewards with just map 5. I do all arena minimums, I started autofighting beginning and normal event when I have time, and I try to be smart with rank ups. I don't grind arena, partially because I don't enjoy it, partially because I don't have time for long grinds. I don't have the gold I would like.

I don't deny that those who put in the time, get the better rewards and it is there for the taking if you want it. Everything in this game could be changed/improved if Kabam wants to. By making gold more available, it would essentially spit in the face of those who have spent time grinding saying that their time was worthless. I get all this, and think whatever change (if there is a change) should be to the benefit of both groups. Give players with excess gold a reason to have the gold beyond rank ups, while making it slightly more available for others. Give some players reason to grind a little, and give other players a reason to grind even more.