The Old Contest...

Comments

• SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Rap wrote: »
    Now it grows worse with 5s being undupable and unwinable for most of us and the balance grows worse...

Just keep grinding, man. I've been playing almost since the day of the release. So far I have 10 5* Champions, and one of them duped. Takes time.

• VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    I don't know how many people remember this but in the old forum, I started a thread populated with MCOC-related memes, often posted in response to a hot topic at the time.

It would be 2 years this May for this meme. I let you guess what the topic was.

13zpsh.jpg

https://postimg.org/image/d2l85e41n/
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,463 ★★★★★
    F4k3_GaM3r wrote: »

Wow.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I don't know how many people remember this but in the old forum, I started a thread populated with MCOC-related memes, often posted in response to a hot topic at the time.

It would be 2 years this May for this meme. I let you guess what the topic was.

13zpsh.jpg

https://postimg.org/image/d2l85e41n/

You had 2 accounts in the old forum?
  • UnsilentUnsilent Posts: 17
    I remember when there were no sig levels. So if you got a dup champ you basically got hosed. Most of the passive abilities did not exist either.
    Unsilent wrote: »
    I remember when there were no sig levels. So if you got a dup champ you basically got hosed. Most of the passive abilities did not exist either.

Plus no shards from duping them.
  • EmmanuelcoastEmmanuelcoast Posts: 159
    When I Started my best character was a 3 star maxed out Kamala Khan and I was so hyped with her "damage"... with her furys. Now years later I was like.....ok im definitely selling this piece of s+%#. But she actually got me through I ton of content lol
    my best character was a 3 star maxed out Kamala Khan and I was so hyped with her "damage"... with her furys. Now years later I was like.....ok im definitely selling this piece of s+%#.

I remember I was so hyped when Spider-Gwen came out. I was so excited to play arena for DAYS just to add a 3* version of her to my roster, and then play Arena AGAIN for another 3 days to Awaken her. I loved Spider-Gwen. I was so happy, that I maxed her out in 1 day.

Years later, I was glad they gave us those Rank Down Tickets.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    @Duke_Silver this is the post I ment. Can’t put the link in your thread anymore, since that got closed...
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 1,716 ★★★
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    @Duke_Silver this is the post I ment. Can’t put the link in your thread anymore, since that got closed...

Thanks! Just what I’ve been looking for
  • Thank you everyone for reviving this post!!!
  • Haha gonna bring it back again!!!
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 826 ★★★
    I joined just before Stark Spidey was brought in, and we got the 2* version. He was my main champ and I didn't understand the game so I had no idea how powerful he was
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,305 ★★★★
    I remember I had to 100% act 3 just to get my first 4* champion...too months

now...people can literally get a 4* champion the 2 weeks or even first the week...
    edited June 2018
    Pym Canisters are back!
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    Lol, finally found a "feel good" thread after only a few pages of stuff I dont want to read up on any longer!

I logged in for the first time early 2015 and strange, but the 1 specific that stands first in line of memories of my beginnings..... That the alliance crystals didn't have any daily limit. Weird to me even as I type it......

I remember looking at the 10k shards necessary for a 5* and thinking, "no way in hell that's right, gotta be a text error or something".
    The very first "HELL YA"!! When I pulled a 4* YJ from my 2nd PHC, followed by my 2nd and 3rd "HELL YA"!! within 2wks, followed by over a year of "DAMMIT, how does it always miss by one spot"!

Acts story quests and arenas were the only thing to play while solo and if memory serves me, there were no events other than the daily which I repeated religiously because I had thought it was the best option for me to gather T4b frags(there were only easy, med, hard difficulties.....LOL)

Futile attempts just to try and leave a mark of damage on WS HP bar to see if it was even possible solidifying my idea at the time that it was an obvious game centered prank on players for developer laughs.

Disappointed to find out last year that bases was actually the prank. Tell me I'm the only one that was kinda shocked when they took it off the alliance tabs! :smiley:

Good times indeed!
    I do realize the last post was made back in Feb. But thats ok, because it still makes me feel good about the game for a moment.

PS. Also I remember getting those "the contest has not lived up to my lofty standards" emails with cool stuff like twice a week, never putting the 2 things together and always thinking to myself, "what did I miss? Who cares, keep doin it whatever it is". Kabam Should have never stopped the cool stuff for scheduled maintenance. Lol
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    WOK wrote: »
    I do realize the last post was made back in Feb. But thats ok, because it still makes me feel good about the game for a moment.

PS. Also I remember getting those "the contest has not lived up to my lofty standards" emails with cool stuff like twice a week, never putting the 2 things together and always thinking to myself, "what did I miss? Who cares, keep doin it whatever it is". Kabam Should have never stopped the cool stuff for scheduled maintenance. Lol

It makes me smile whenever someone comments here again.
  • Chris9Chris9 Posts: 17
    A long time ago, in a Battlerealm so far far away...

Do you remember The Old Contest?

When Doctor Strange would stand, instead of float?
    A time when Act 3 was super hard?
    A time without Daily Calendars?
    When Potions and Revives didn't have a limit?
    When there was a Hero Use Event that awarded Daredevils?
    A time without Auto-Play?
    A time without Crystal Shards?
    When there were no Class Bonuses?
    A time without duels?
    A time without Alliances?

When the Realm of Legends looked like this?
    jxdyc9fnnr4e.png

When chat looked like this?
    3x5kcnigxen3.png

And the home screen looked like this?
    ftqmaykavdlj.png

Yes, this was very long ago, indeed.

What do you remember of The Old Contest?

How far back does you history with The Contest go, Summoner? Please share below!

Cheers,

I SURRENDER TO THE CONTEST!

Lol I see WBANGCA in chat there...first videos I watched on this game....

Didn’t know they planned multiple instances of ROL....
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 310 ★★
    Remember when magiks used to rewind the damage she took instead of limbo ah the memory's of a forgotten time when we all loved the game
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 349 ★★
    I miss the times before Dr. Strange flew
  • ScotchScotch Posts: 24
    I remember " day 6" in AQ....
    my best character was a 3 star maxed out Kamala Khan and I was so hyped with her "damage"... with her furys. Now years later I was like.....ok im definitely selling this piece of s+%#.

I remember I was so hyped when Spider-Gwen came out. I was so excited to play arena for DAYS just to add a 3* version of her to my roster, and then play Arena AGAIN for another 3 days to Awaken her. I loved Spider-Gwen. I was so happy, that I maxed her out in 1 day.

Years later, I was glad they gave us those Rank Down Tickets.

LMAO, this brought back a fond memory for me when I first got SpideyGwen!

I was never one to read the descriptions or go into a fight knowing what I was going up against(not much has changed since) and for nearly 2 days worth of playing, I kept asking myself, "wow, why is it so friggin difficult to get this stupid special to connect"?

I finally gave up and sheepishly asked my ally mates if anyone knew the secret, which someone laughed and replied "you need to READ"......

My lack of game savvy was quite embarrassing and I humbly asked , "I'm sorry guys, I don't how to do that either, could you tell me what it stands for"??

*Sigh smh

Naive Good times

• Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    I started maybe a month before the 12.0 incident. At that point, I learned that I wanted BW, I wanted Thor, I wanted Dr.Strange, and of course, Switch. 4* was the goal. Weeks in and paying money, I had gotten most of them in 2* or 3* forms, but I needed a 4* for the content ahead.
    We hear about the impending 12.0 catastrophe. What's gonna happen? Is it worth it now? Will I still want them after the nerf? Maybe I'll just chill out and see what happens.

Night before the nerf. Suddenly realize I have a 4* crystal I'd been saving. "Oh cool. Let's see what we get."
    click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, DOCTOR MUTHAFUKIN STRANGE!
    I had this dude for literally 4-5 hours before they nerfed him. I caught a glimpse and it was beautiful...
  • I remeber when getting 4* was literally impossible
  • Escape2794Escape2794 Posts: 87
    Hey guys I started when they gave away a 2 star black widow and Hulkbuster away for free. And there were canisters and you got catalysts for duping champions.
  • Escape2794Escape2794 Posts: 87
    I remember when iron fist had gloves