**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Version 17.2 Discussion Thread

Comments

• borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    Hi, I just posted a few questions pertaining to this update, but the post has somehow automagically disappeared. So I’ll politely ask again.

Am I correct in assuming the much reported lag/unresponsiveness has not been addressed in any way, shape or form, however slightly?

Secondly, am I correct in assuming the acknowledged Inequity mastery bug has not been resolved with this update, despite an earlier official announcement that a fix would be rolled out within hours, only to be retracted at the last moment?

I would really like those questions answered, and I guess a lot of the other 1k+ players who have reported similar issues would to. So do the community a favor and enlighten us. A simple yes or no would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
  • AndreykaAndreyka Posts: 5
    iu4ci5fifwdo.jpg

help, that for the chicken-feed, I never used cheats!
  • AndreykaAndreyka Posts: 5
    Guys, seriously, I can not play in the arena
  • Where is the solo event to get rift shards?
  • vip662009vip662009 Posts: 32
    Getting this error after updating game 57e1xseo2l88.png
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    anyone getting the error message after updating,

did it do the normal 500mb download after running the game after the update?

if not, delete the game and reinstall and it should download the extra stuff needed to work correctly. it worked for me, hopefully it does for you too.
  • PlagueisBanePlagueisBane Posts: 232
    Where is the solo event to get rift shards?

They start @ 3PM PST.
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    It think if Carnage's buffs were 2 or 3* as strong he could be a viable cosmic champ.
  • PlagueisBanePlagueisBane Posts: 232
    Where is the solo event to get rift shards?

They start @ 3PM PST.

Rather @ 3:30 pm PST to be exact
  • caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    I remember last year I brought the Carnage buff question to the Mods very nicely and yet I didn't get a satisfying answer. It may be that it's a bit easier to Buff a champ that is new because the fixes are minor for them. However, when we come to Carnage who's been in the contest for almost a year now, there are probably a lot of other factors that will come into play. Carnage is one of my favorite Marvel characters and I would of course love to see him improved, but I'm not going to hold my breath. When it happens, it happens, if it doesn't, oh well.
  • Does this update fix defense synergies? Some synergies are obviously designed with alliance war defense in mind (Yondu and NC/Beast) yet they haven’t worked for months now.
  • BrutalMiraBrutalMira Posts: 235
    Hope you can little darken the thanos loading screen not good to vission on my eyes the black in white and verry light @Kabam Miike
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    UC439 wrote: »
    Mephisto doesn't cancel medusa's sig ability now, what about ice armor of iceman.

That is working as intended. If you have something (like fate seal or soul imprisonment) that prevents buffs on a timer from activating after the timer runs out, the buff gets cancelled for the whole fight. This is how DS/GR can permanently disable arc overload 2.0 or ice armor. Been this way since the beginning

Yes, but they have fixed one of these abilities i.e. Medusa's sig. So, is the fix general or just limited to Medusa?

My understanding of the problem is that the problem (speaking technically) was with Medusa and not with Mephisto. Mephisto should cancel "buffs" that initiate at the start of combat. Medusa has no such intentional buffs. But there was probably an invisible pseudobuff in the background that contained the timer for her fury buffs. That invisible pseudo buff was getting canceled by Mephisto which then effectively deleted Medusa's fury buffs for the whole fight. That was an unintentional bug.

But there is no general fix for buff cancellation preventing self-refreshing buffs from refreshing, because that seems to be the explicit intent. It isn't considered bugged behavior, so there's no fix coming. In fact, if Ice Armor somehow refreshed itself and reappeared after Medusa canceled it (outside of using SP3) that would itself be considered a bug that needed to be fixed.
  • RB65RB65 Posts: 28
    I'm pretty sure Kabam’s maths are wrong
    2rraqbuqxuqp.png
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    Maybe I'm the only one and seeing three problems people are having maybe it's a good thing but.... why on earth would you release a game mode on Monday that you cannot access properly until Wednesday? (I don't count the easy difficulty as proper access lol)
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    My bad... I misread the announcement... sorry lol
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    So I opened the game, it brought me on and I got this screen. I tapped continue and it let me continue the game, I claimed my t1 rift shards and went and opened the rift. After that I was sat staring at Thanos on the loading screen. After 10 mins I restarted the game, and I was sat looking at the same screen in the screenshot. I tapped continue and the game just froze. It won’t let me tap anything. Every time I restart I get the same thing.

nyede9cnf9j0.png

Now, this may not seem like a huge issue but that is half a normal, quarter a heroic and an eighth of a master. At the end of the event I may be stuck with 5000 master shards, heroic and normal and this rift I’ve missed may get me one last run on master. I think that’s pretty important. I’m currently re-downloading the game as I’ve uninstalled, but by the time it loads with my bad wifi it will be past the 1 hour of rift mark.

@Kabam Miike can I get some sort of comment on whether this is an individual issue or others are getting it. Regardless I would like to see some sort of 10k t1 shards being given to anyone affected by it.
  • SpinoSpino Posts: 241
    Failed to download content Failed to download content Failed to download content Failed to download content Failed to download content Failed to download content Failed to download content Failed to download content Failed to download content Failed to download content Failed to download content Failed to download content Failed to download content Failed to download content Failed to download content Failed to download content Failed to download content
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    Dropped blocks and blocks not registering is even worse than last update. The swipe back that turns into a dash forward instead. INSANE LAG!!!
  • The_GrandmasterThe_Grandmaster Posts: 205
    Bishop can not block fast enough without getting hit anytime I end a combo in a Medium attack such as MLLLM. With combos that end in a Light attack, MLLLL, he is able to block fast enough to avoid being struck. Just noticed this problem today after updating and fighting ROL Winter Solider. Can you please address and fix this issue. Thanks
  • MagsMags Posts: 132
    Every time I get the "flash screen" during the run in animation, the fight will be riddled with lag. Not mild lag, but the kind where you can't even play or you die.
    AQ and AW fights are the worst, but I'm not going to try to get video of that since it costs so much to heal/ revive.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/exf5p21p8s30v6u/Champions_2018-03-26-20-02-50_1.mp4?dl=0

The "flash" screen is just garbled junk down in this screenshot.
    k933ikqb3qej.jpg

Fights without the flash intro seem to run smooth, but if it flashes, you might as well quit the fight right then.

On Galaxy Note 8

• MagsMags Posts: 132
    If kabam wants to send me a bunch of revives, I'd be happy to record some AQ fights showing the lag :D
    Only kidding.. but it needs to be fixed.

Rolling back the update until this is addressed.