**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thank you for The Sentry Updates

Quick genuine message to Kabam mods here and to the developers. Thank you to the mods for relaying the concerns and feedback back to the developers. Thank you to the developers and team for making the changes so quickly. The community voice has been heard.

Comments

• Al_ahadAl_ahad Posts: 30
    Did he got buffed
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
  • silverseraphsilverseraph Posts: 133
    Is Vekxs happy about this? :P
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Hopefully this makes him viable...still think his base attack needs a little buff too but we'll see. Him being in the featured 6* made me want to avoid it..now maybe...
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Hopefully this makes him viable...still think his base attack needs a little buff too but we'll see. Him being in the featured 6* made me want to avoid it..now maybe...

I have a 4* Sentry (lucky pull from just 1 featured crystal with 150 units) currently at R3/30 undupped for arena purpose. Looking at those buff, I have a feeling he won't improve much ...... sadly ... to be great he needs more than that
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Excuse me for being skeptical but I still do not view him as a viable champ for Alliance War against Magik or Dormammu. The changes are nice, but I do not think his regen is still enough when facing against them.
    shchong2 wrote: »
    DaMunk wrote: »

I have a 4* Sentry (lucky pull from just 1 featured crystal with 150 units) currently at R3/30 undupped for arena purpose. Looking at those buff, I have a feeling he won't improve much ...... sadly ... to be great he needs more than that

His crit rate definitely needs a slight bump...we will see how he works soon. As Sentry is he's absolute junk...hopefully this works.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    If they really wanted to buff him they would allow his indestructible to immediately trigger on an enemy SP3. That would give him enough utility to be great for a number of situations.
  • EvilEmpire wrote: »
    Not a fan of trash champs at all but don’t understand why just one poorly conceived champ gets such quick improvements and others never get looked at again. Carnage anyone ??? I don’t have either champ (at 5*) so im not bias to them but why was sentry more deserving is all I’m asking.

Coz players started a thread about sentry..
    Sentry.. Power of million.....
    That thread got much attention.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    He still sucked even if he got his states, making them 100% won’t help much
    He still sucked even if he got his states, making them 100% won’t help much

I'm afraid you might be right but cautiously optimistic...think his crit rate needs improved still and he will need to be at a very high sig to be useful at all. I'm am grateful he got a buff though.
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    Not a fan of trash champs at all but don’t understand why just one poorly conceived champ gets such quick improvements and others never get looked at again. Carnage anyone ??? I don’t have either champ (at 5*) so im not bias to them but why was sentry more deserving is all I’m asking.

Coz players started a thread about sentry..
    Sentry.. Power of million.....
    That thread got much attention.

A thread that lasted for nearly 3 months.
    Much thanks to Kabam in advance for the buff though. I personally think the difference will be big from what he currently is.
  • iloveyouall2iloveyouall2 Posts: 17
    edited March 2018
    What exactly is the multiplier for the reality warps? Is it 1x? 5x? How much does each reality warp improve his stats? I only have a 3* Sentry and have never used him.

Edit: Just re-read the description and got it haha. "Per reality warp." But are his fury and armor break stats effected by Reality Warps as well? Or just the abilities Special damage from each State of Mind?
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Can't wait to check it out I have a five-star duped at R3.
    He's one of my character favs
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    My gosh. I am stunned.

Seriously: This character seriously needed assistance. Anything helps.

I haven't tested the changes yet, but my gosh. THANKS, Kabam, for looking at this.

I am not joking. I really appreciate this being looked at. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
    Neroa65 wrote: »
    Much thanks to Kabam in advance for the buff though. I personally think the difference will be big from what he currently is.

In my opinion, after testing the character pretty good: It feels totally different now.

Damage feels maybe...a half-notch less than Hyperion with a Cosmic Charge.

Getting into Overpowering Light at 100 percent...it makes a huge difference. It's exactly what we thought -- if he procs the states consistently, it's like an entirely different character.

He does enough damage where you can use him in stuff -- not necessarily every single complex node, because as we all know, he has no immunities, doesn't Power Lock/Drain.

But those are just regular weaknesses. The regeneration can help offset some, if a person decides to play it like that. But he isn't gonna last forever in all modes of gameplay, and it feels like there might be a bit of a damage cap on the L2.

That being said, the damage really is acceptable now. Build up the Reality Warps, don't get hit, and he feels pretty close to what a raw damage dealer should be.

Not as consistently powerful as Hyperion or Spark or Medusa or a high-combo SL. But good enough to use with a good Crit team/damage team -- I ran him with OG Cap, OG Iron Man, Thor and Hulk, which gives you more crits and damage, and he felt "about right."
    G0311 wrote: »
    Can't wait to check it out I have a five-star duped at R3.
    He's one of my character favs

Think you are gonna be happy with that

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Earlier than I would expect. Nice. Looking over the Notes, a few ideas I noticed from here. Glad people are happy.
  • I had a 28k damage sp2. A couple of 6k heavy attacks. Definitely better.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    EvilEmpire wrote: »

The problems with Sentry were obvious and the most direct way to fix them were relatively trivial to implement and didn't fundamentally alter the champion (except in the deliberate ways you want to improve the champion). The problems with Carnage were less obvious initially and the solution to fixing them less simple, and probably by the time it was clear what the basics were that needed to be done there wasn't developer time available to implement them. In the 17.2 thread there is a post that states that the devs are currently working on a buff to Carnage but the devs are currently not happy with those changes and are still working on them.
    I had a 28k damage sp2. A couple of 6k heavy attacks. Definitely better.

Best I've seen so far is 58K on SP2, 17K on SP1 and 22K on heavy attack at 5 reality warps, from a R4 5* - This was on ROL Cap Marvel. He kinda feels like he was unveiled today. :D .

Once again @Kabam. Much thanks. This is way better than Mr. I'm good 30% of the time. Not the best but definitely not bad at all anymore and definitely not the worst anymore either.
    If they really wanted to buff him they would allow his indestructible to immediately trigger on an enemy SP3. That would give him enough utility to be great for a number of situations.

His Indestructible does trigger on SP3s. I dunno if it's intended (I'm leaning towards this) or if it's a bug but if you take an SP3 to the face, after the whole SP3 animation, his health goes right back to whatever it was before your opponent used SP3 on you. If you have him at a high sig level, test it and find out.
  • Neroa65 wrote: »
    I had a 28k damage sp2. A couple of 6k heavy attacks. Definitely better.

Best I've seen so far is 58K on SP2, 17K on SP1 and 22K on heavy attack at 5 reality warps, from a R4 5* - This was on ROL Cap Marvel. He kinda feels like he was unveiled today. :D .

Once again @Kabam. Much thanks. This is way better than Mr. I'm good 30% of the time. Not the best but definitely not bad at all anymore and definitely not the worst anymore either.
    Thanks for posting numbers. My Sentry at 3/45. Was wondering how much those numbers may improve at 4/55.