**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is there going to be an AQ seasons?

Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
God, I really hope not.

We do 65555 and do very well. If we did 6x5 we'd be top 20, but nobody's got the time for that. Or the donations.

We don't need another 'seasons' event for AQ, it's just too much. It would REALLY make it a prestige game and nobody has the time to grind for donations and do map 6 all week, especially with AW seasons out there and having our champs locked there.

This AW season was a joke. Very top heavy rewards and nonstop outsourced mercing.

Please don't do the same thing to AQ. Competition is ok, but pitting alliances against each other in a brutal battle royale isn't fun to the point where alliances will have to pull "all the stops" to make it. Top 300 alliances get a T4C every week, many are comfortable doing 65555 every week. If you throw a monkey wrench into AQ it won't be "fun", but just a chore.

Comments

• Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Bump. Possible to get an answer?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    There's already Seasons for AQ.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★

I think he may mean one thats more skill based, or possibly a potential overhaul of aq to make rewards, map choice, etc more competitive.
    Im personally hoping that they simply improve rewards slightly @op
    Grimmbear wrote: »

I think he may mean one thats more skill based, or possibly a potential overhaul of aq to make rewards, map choice, etc more competitive.

More skill based? How so?
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    What would be the harm in getting what you currently get for running AQs and then a bonus at the end of 2 months?

It wouldn’t force everyone to try 6x6 if your still getting the goods you currently get.

AQ would be much better with a seasons type mode, maybe after everyone they can change the boss and stuff, wouldn’t make it so repetitive and boring
    That would probably make it even more competitive than it is now, in terms of the Prestige Race, with shifts in Allies, and other possible problematic situations. I think one Event of that type is sufficient mayhem. Lol.
    edited March 2018
    Grimmbear wrote: »

No, same sort of structure like it is now (weekly prizes), except that at the end of a few months there are prizes too, just like AW seasons.

This would be terrible imo an an obvious reason to quit. There are many in top 300 alliances who just do 65555 who would be forced to run map 6 all week just to stay competitive. The donations and the time needed to run it would be insane, and having to run AW seasons along with it would be even worse.

Prestige would also be MUCH more important than it already is too.

AQ seasons is definitely something I can see Kabam doing, and teams going crazy running map 6 all week is obvious possibility too. Wouldn't be fun at all. It's already not fun anymore, a move like this would just kill it for me.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    Wait. Let me get this straight.

You’re complaining that if Kabam increases AQ rewards by having a weekly + end of season reward, and alliances CHOOSE to do 5x6 to get better rewards, it will be less fun for you? Geez
    xNig wrote: »
    Wait. Let me get this straight.

You’re complaining that if Kabam increases AQ rewards by having a weekly + end of season reward, and alliances CHOOSE to do 5x6 to get better rewards, it will be less fun for you? Geez

Yup.

And many others in my alliance too and presumably others.

Who can afford the donations and time from 65555 to 6x5? It's not easy.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Think it through, will they make a competition out of who can run the most map6 with the highest prestige? No.
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Think it through, will they make a competition out of who can run the most map6 with the highest prestige? No.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but assuming you're not, why wouldn't they make it a contest? There are probably hundreds of alliances within the top 300 and even outside who would start running 6 (or do it more times) for rewards.

It would also pressure map 3 allys to start doing 5.

Or maybe I'm looking at it. Why would it be a bad idea? Burn out?
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    I don’t think they will make AQ season rewards like you are talking about. Instead probably just tweaks to map 6, maybe a map 7, and new milestones/glory store items. If you think about it, each AQ cycle is almost like a mini-season where for 5 days your scores are added up and ranked on a leaderboard. I don’t think they are going to make another larger leaderboard to encompass 2-months worth of AQ.