**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How do you think the recent buff to Sentry will affect his viablity?

With the new buff, Kabam basically increased the chance to enter a state to 100% for most of his states, while increasing his steadfast approach state(heavy boost) to 60%. How do you think this will affect his viability in AW, AQ, questing, ROL, and LOL? Will the significant damage boost make him one of the top damage dealers, or is his damage when he enters a state still too low?

Comments

• Ketchup1791Ketchup1791 Posts: 114
    I haven't seen anyone use him yet; so I can't say but he'll be good for sure. The damage he got on his specials when the abilities trigger is insane. Will he be better than Void, Cage, Rulk, Quake? Maybe not, but he is on par with them now just from reading his trigger rates.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    No he still sucks
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Someone shared some experience/testing result at this thread
    just comments, no video, no screenshot ... but a good start

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/351984#Comment_351984
    ESF wrote: »
    Neroa65 wrote: »
    Much thanks to Kabam in advance for the buff though. I personally think the difference will be big from what he currently is.

In my opinion, after testing the character pretty good: It feels totally different now.

Damage feels maybe...a half-notch less than Hyperion with a Cosmic Charge.

Getting into Overpowering Light at 100 percent...it makes a huge difference. It's exactly what we thought -- if he procs the states consistently, it's like an entirely different character.

He does enough damage where you can use him in stuff -- not necessarily every single complex node, because as we all know, he has no immunities, doesn't Power Lock/Drain.

But those are just regular weaknesses. The regeneration can help offset some, if a person decides to play it like that. But he isn't gonna last forever in all modes of gameplay, and it feels like there might be a bit of a damage cap on the L2.

That being said, the damage really is acceptable now. Build up the Reality Warps, don't get hit, and he feels pretty close to what a raw damage dealer should be.

Not as consistently powerful as Hyperion or Spark or Medusa or a high-combo SL. But good enough to use with a good Crit team/damage team -- I ran him with OG Cap, OG Iron Man, Thor and Hulk, which gives you more crits and damage, and he felt "about right."

and
    Neroa65 wrote: »
    I had a 28k damage sp2. A couple of 6k heavy attacks. Definitely better.

Best I've seen so far is 58K on SP2, 17K on SP1 and 22K on heavy attack at 5 reality warps, from a R4 5* - This was on ROL Cap Marvel. He kinda feels like he was unveiled today. :D .

Once again @Kabam. Much thanks. This is way better than Mr. I'm good 30% of the time. Not the best but definitely not bad at all anymore and definitely not the worst anymore either.
  • Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    So just a decent damage dealer with no utility? Is he viable for LOL now?
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Cats73 wrote: »
    So just a decent damage dealer with no utility? Is he viable for LOL now?

I wouldn't think so -- more so, there are are simply better options because while he is definitely improved, Sentry's damage doesn't scale like Star-Lord's mechanic.

You guys have the numbers for the R4/55 Sentry. I have him as a 4* 5/50, so obviously, that outclasses the damage output I could generate.

With a 5/50, I topped out around 11.2K on L1 with full Reality Warps. That's obviously decent. But that was max effort, nailing significant crits on all three hits. In other words: That was a rare shot. In my testing, you are more going to see around 5-7K on L1, and again, you will need to be stacking Reality Warps for that, not getting hit...there are characters whose damage is right there from the first strike, or have higher output over time, for something like Labyrinth or other endgame content.

Again: The character is much better than before. Actually fun to play now. But it's probably more that you can run him in Act 4 and the early part of Act 5, especially if you are skilled, and enjoy doing so, instead of not being able to even think of using it in that kind of content previously.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    I guess it's this: The offset for him having two attacks that can be Unblockable is that the damage isn't going to be allowed to be something that "breaks the game." With the character also able to Perfect Block fairly consistently during one state and being able to eat an L3 when awakened at a higher sig level, there's balance issues to consider, I would think.