**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Evading After Block Since 17.2 [Under Investigation]

PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
edited March 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Device: iPad Pro, latest generation

Play Style: Left thumb blocks only, right thumb swipes and attacks

Several multi-attack specials can be blocked initially and then allow you to evade the rest, examples:

• Agent Venom SP1, block the first bullet or two, swipe back to evade the rest
  • Venom SP2, same as above after the first 2 hits
  • Hulkbuster SP2, same as above during the beam

There are many, many other examples, but the concept is always the same. Hold block with the left thumb, take the first hit or two, then swipe back to evade while still holding block.

This no longer works. You just keep blocking, you can't evade back and you take the full set of blocked hits until the special is over. This also removes the possibility of intercepting after a special you evaded mid-way through.

This is a serious bug which once again shifts the advantage to the AI and compromises the player. Please confirm that this is not by design and will be fixed ASAP.

If anyone else is having this issue, please reply with your device and play style.
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    mvinceable wrote: »
    I noticed this as well in a quest fight against Agent Venom, right after updating the game.

It appears that the recovery time after blocking has been increased.

For example, if I block Crossbones's SP2, I can evade back after the second gunshot and evade the third, but I can't evade back after hits closer together which could previously be evaded in 17.1. Someone else has reported that Cable's SP1 can no longer be evaded mid-stream.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    I'm having no problem evading WS's still. Did it with Morningstar not five arena fights ago.

Though I've heard Howard the Duck might have this same issue.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    YoMoves wrote: »
    I'm having no problem evading WS's still. Did it with Morningstar not five arena fights ago.

Though I've heard Howard the Duck might have this same issue.

You're right, I've removed WS from the list for the sake of accuracy, I can indeed evade mid-stream in ROL. I observed Agent Venom and Hulkbuster in arena, I noticed the issue with Venom in AQ and then came in here to make the post.
  • AfridAfrid Posts: 529 ★★
    I've noticed this against cable's sp1.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Had this as a huge problem in aw......
    Block a combo and then the ai charges a heavy and i try and dex while still holding block and do not move..... this happened to me 3 time and ended up eating a heavy even though i swiped dex like 3 times.....
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    Same here. Hit stun from projectiles seems to have been increased

Moto G5+
    Android 7.0
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    You also cannot get out of an attacker hitting on your block as well. I lost a champ in AQ to electro because he started beating on my block and when I tried to evade away, he just smacked me.
  • Al_ahadAl_ahad Posts: 30
    I noticed the same.
    Thank God it was not only me.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I just tried a fight against cable, yes I can’t evade the end of his first sp, as well after a 5 hit combo he seems to block straight after, he block 5 of my specials... if this isn’t a bug I think I’m done with this game. Other wise, good thing I finished uncollected eq yesterday. I would have got destroyed if I did it today.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    It is a problem. I think it started before the latest patch. They keep increasing the AI speed and decreasing ours. The amount of block damage taken is higher from 6 stars. More champions are doing extra damage through blocks like RH and Bishop. Our controls need to be more responsive if they expect us to get through this higher level content.
  • Nopiii111Nopiii111 Posts: 28
    evade and parry bugs!
    samsung s7 edge 7.0
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Somewhat related, but was running the 5.3.6 power reserve path last night after the update and the AI recovered incredibly quickly several times, able to block ronan L1 immediately after the mlllm. Think a lot of this is they’ve turned up AI reaction times again
  • Cade1321Cade1321 Posts: 56
    Just happened to me as well, 3 times in war. 2 Magik SP1s and 1 Morningstar SP2. Character just stood there. iPad Pro 10.5
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Got heavied in AW this morning because it wouldn't let me evade. Pretty awesome how they keep changing the AI without letting us know.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    mydnight wrote: »
    You also cannot get out of an attacker hitting on your block as well. I lost a champ in AQ to electro because he started beating on my block and when I tried to evade away, he just smacked me.

Yes! Noticed this in the last several weeks to a month. We used to be able to evade and take 2 or 3 blocked hits but not anymore. Seems that when we try to move back like we used to just get hit. Something's been done to recovery timings again.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Cihag wrote: »
    On a related note: If the opponent ends its 5-hit Combo against your Block with a light hit, you don’t recover fast enough to counter... instead it takes you just long enough so that the opponent can recover and parry-stun you...

Happened against a Magik in AQ (obviously not parry, but still my attack got blocked) and against a Scarlet Witch in AW (got parry-stunned and comboed “into oblivion”)

Device: iPhone 8, latest OS.

Even if the opponent ends a combo with a MEDIUM against your block, they can still recover (dexterity) or parry you.
  • Cade1321Cade1321 Posts: 56
    Yeah, I've never been in the camp that thinks that AI bugs are done intentionally (although I know a lot of the people on these forums are). I just hope the team can figure it out and address it quickly since it's costing us attacker bonuses at the high levels which is a bummer.