**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

guillotine on defense

djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
I don't usually push a defender in aw to sp3, but recently I pushed Guilly to sp3 with Cap WW2. I hadn't taken any damage to that point, and she was nearly dead with 2-3 souls attached. However, when she activated her sp3, it took 22% of Cap's health, when it should have been at most 6%. I have, on occasion, done the same in arenas, and the correct amount of damage is taken. Is there another reason besides 'because Kabam'?

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Interesting. I wonder if the node she was on boosted it somehow.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
    It was node 21. enhanced bleed, +20% ability triggers, +75% atk & health, +75% atk
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Probably just the attack boosts from nodes. What rank is your cap compared to the guillotine? Think the 2% per soul thing is on top of a base damage isn’t it?
  • NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    I am curious why you think you should know how much damage it will do. The node you describe has 150% increased attack, plus the mastery setup changes from person to person, so they could have masteries that increase attack. A jump from 6% to 22% from arena to a boosted node sounds very legitimate.
    I know Guilly's specials, she's my top champ, so I know how much damage she should be doing from her sp3.
    Her sp3 reads:
    La Fleur du Mal consumes all available Souls and deals 2% of the opponent's health in direct damage per soul consumed.

As for rank, both Cap and Guilly were 4*, Cap is 5/50, and based on stats, Guilly likely was as well.
  • NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    Then maybe that is my ignorance, I thought that was bonus damage, not the sum total of the damage she did.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    She can still do damage with no souls. At least that's what I knew to be true.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    2 + 75% attack node and u don't understand why her attack was increased histerical
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,866 ★★★★★
    djr17 wrote: »
    I know Guilly's specials, she's my top champ, so I know how much damage she should be doing from her sp3.
    Her sp3 reads:
    La Fleur du Mal consumes all available Souls and deals 2% of the opponent's health in direct damage per soul consumed.

As for rank, both Cap and Guilly were 4*, Cap is 5/50, and based on stats, Guilly likely was as well.

So what you are saying is that she won't do any damage on SP3 unless she has souls?
    Shadow, her sp3 damage has nothing to do with her attack rating. It's based on souls and max health.

Demon, I don't know. Iver never been in that situation, but based on the description, I would guess no (though Jon says otherwise.)
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    djr17 wrote: »
    Shadow, her sp3 damage has nothing to do with her attack rating. It's based on souls and max health.

Demon, I don't know. Iver never been in that situation, but based on the description, I would guess no (though Jon says otherwise.)

Her special will still deal damage without souls. You can test it out with a simple duel. If anything the description for the s3 is just not clear.
    Thanks, sam. I guess I've only ever used her sp3 on defenders as strong as or stronger than her, so I never noticed anything other than the 2% per soul before.
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    I have a 4/40 4* Guilly that is has been at sig 60 for awhile now. I know quite a lot about her as well, that damage output for pushing her to her SP3 should be reasonable. Also it's Kabam, what do you think? They punish you if you push any defending champ to a SP3 anyway.

Wouldn't be a surprise if she did that much damage to you since you pushed her to her SP3.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    The 6% is just a portion of the damage it causes. If she throws a special 3 with zero souls, it still does damage.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    The souls damage is additional to a base value.
  • Vinitlalka1988Vinitlalka1988 Posts: 269
    If her SP 3 was supposed to read in that way...Than she would be best LOL option...Just Saying...
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    If her SP 3 was supposed to read in that way...Than she would be best LOL option...Just Saying...

Tried it out, my 4* r3 did 50k damage with L3 and 3 souls, so not good since it caps out at 50k apparenlty
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★

Problem would be it caps at 50k and then having to get the souls back for the next 50k