**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Would you mind if AW season rewards were scaled back and seasons be only a week long?

Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 329 ★★
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
What say you?

Would you mind if AW season rewards were scaled back and seasons be only a week long? 61 votes

This needs to happen
9%
BigDaddyJoeNEORagamugginGunnerWil6541New_Noob168Acincher 6 votes
Seasons should be shorter but a week is far too short and no scaling back rewards
67%
RektorRB6942danielmathLocoMotivesCarmel1BrainimpacterstakJing_Yik2017FrostyDeadbyrd9AfridVuskaApocalypse189HeroBoltsySpeedbumpJwallace25Vladislas22Solrac_2nameplasLimitless216 41 votes
Terrible everything is fine. Move along nothing to see here
22%
GroundedWisdomKpatrixxNigPiviotheruheru511BusterKing_L0kiB34rAnonymous346gohard123Nemesis666OrdalcaDr_BrownAwesomeminion4Tawli 14 votes

Comments

• EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Season should be a month long and scale the rewards in half
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    This needs to happen
    Not week long just not as long as we have. I'll use me as an example. I was in tier 2 alliance which is platinum. I got some bad news and had to have surgery 2 weeks before end of season. I stepped out of alliance for my surgery and recovery as I don't like using pilots. Hard work lots of items topping up my health so not to give a kill and all that was for nothing as I'll get t11 rewards because my availability is too low right now for top tier. Kinda like a kick in the teeth. It needs to be scaled down rewards so over the course it would equal what we got for this season but at least when nonsense like real life get in the way I don't get the shaft and get nothing.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    The problem with scaling the time back is that alliances will complain that they got more unfavorable matches than others which is why they are ranked lower. At the 2 month time now, the leaderboards look pretty fair as to where everyone should be placed (outside the special case alliance). Sure some will have gotten more unfavorable matches than others, but there is enough time to have it evened out. I wouldn’t be opposed to 1-month on, 1-month off alliance war seasons though.

But the relationship between war rating and season points needs to change first before anything. With any shorter war season, tanking during the off-season would become the next trend.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Seasons should be shorter but a week is far too short and no scaling back rewards
    It is too long but it also does not need to be short and I know the rewards would have to be slightly reduced but we would still get what we need just a bit faster.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    Seasons should be 3 years long, and you can't miss a single war....and wars should go 3 times per day.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    This needs to happen
    I think there will be less cheating and piloting if they shortened the season and gave crappier rewards. The rewards kABAM gives just brings out the worst in the community from cheats.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    Terrible everything is fine. Move along nothing to see here
    Shortening the time would make it even more intense than it is now. The wait is 2 months, but the Rewards reflect that. It's fine at 2 months. It's additive either way. We would just be getting ordinary Rewards before this.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    This needs to happen
    2 month seasons have been a huge drain on the players. 1 or 2 weeks with better balanced rewards is much needed.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Yeah I’m sensing a lot of burnout from players over these seasons and the pressure to use items from the higher tiers, (we’ve had players returning to our mid tier alliance from top tiers because they were over the pressure) 1 month could be a better season length in my opinion
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
    Wil6541 wrote: »
    Not week long just not as long as we have. I'll use me as an example. I was in tier 2 alliance which is platinum. I got some bad news and had to have surgery 2 weeks before end of season. I stepped out of alliance for my surgery and recovery as I don't like using pilots. Hard work lots of items topping up my health so not to give a kill and all that was for nothing as I'll get t11 rewards because my availability is too low right now for top tier. Kinda like a kick in the teeth. It needs to be scaled down rewards so over the course it would equal what we got for this season but at least when nonsense like real life get in the way I don't get the shaft and get nothing.

@Wil6541 Hope you're doing better (and for what it's worth, sorry about the rewards situation on your end). There are more important things in life so here's hoping you're on the up and up.
  • Jing_Yik2017Jing_Yik2017 Posts: 86
    One month would be nice
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    Definitely needs to be shorter. 1 month seems reasonable.