**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Evading After Block Since 17.2 [Under Investigation]

Comments

• rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    The thing is that if it wasn't intentional it means the testing is an issue. The testing is always an issue.
  • Ragnarok_8855Ragnarok_8855 Posts: 12
    There were several instances in Modok's lab this past month that the AI behaved in a manner that was not in accordance with the logic of the game (aside from the features applied by the random status effects)
  • Cade1321Cade1321 Posts: 56
    Yeah, that's true, absolutely agree! And things like getting SP1ed when punishing heavies definitely should never happen. I do wish pre-release combat testing would be expanded.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    See? This is just another example.

Posted on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/87hw07/opponents_recover_from_bishops_5_hit_combo_too/

https://youtu.be/qE_5TEKZes4

The AI is fast enough to counter Bishop after a combo and Bishop is too slow to do anything about it.

What do we call this? Nerfed recovery timings? Buffed recovery for the AI? Better AI? Nerfed control mechanics? I don't think it's a bug because we've witnessed slowness for us and a "faster" AI in many other areas of the game for this to just be labelled a bug.

If this wasnt a bug bishop would be unusable. So It really needs to be fixed, they can’t just leave it like this. Bishop was the only 4* I went for in the featured arena, must be fixed literally need one more t4 basic to rank 5 him. But can’t even use him with this.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Savio444 wrote: »

Posted on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/87hw07/opponents_recover_from_bishops_5_hit_combo_too/

The AI is fast enough to counter Bishop after a combo and Bishop is too slow to do anything about it.

What do we call this? Nerfed recovery timings? Buffed recovery for the AI? Better AI? Nerfed control mechanics? I don't think it's a bug because we've witnessed slowness for us and a "faster" AI in many other areas of the game for this to just be labelled a bug.

If this wasnt a bug bishop would be unusable. So It really needs to be fixed, they can’t just leave it like this. Bishop was the only 4* I went for in the featured arena, must be fixed literally need one more t4 basic to rank 5 him. But can’t even use him with this.

It's happening to other characters too not just Bishop, but Bishop might be more susceptible to this than others based on his own unique mechanics. Either way it's not just Bishop that this happens to.

To me this is just another example of the AI being "too fast" and us being "too slow". A dynamic that has invested the game for a long time now and only getting worse and affecting pretty much all areas of combat.

The definition of "making a mistake" in this game has been altered with these all "changes" and if something isn't done to put an end to it, we will have to literally play "perfect" within the tiniest of margins in order not to die. Sad, because that's probably what the developers want.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    edited March 2018

Nothing has been changed with Block Timing at all. We've already confirmed this with the team.

Perhaps the hit stun values on attacks has been increased or reverted to their previously higher value then? Like others have mentioned when I'm being hit on my block I find it much more difficult to dodge backwards out of the hitstun from my opponents attacks. It feels very similar to past patches which makes me think something went back to how it used to be.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Savio444 wrote: »

Posted on Reddit:

It's happening to other characters too not just Bishop, but Bishop might be more susceptible to this than others based on his own unique mechanics. Either way it's not just Bishop that this happens to.

To me this is just another example of the AI being "too fast" and us being "too slow". A dynamic that has invested the game for a long time now and only getting worse and affecting pretty much all areas of combat.

The definition of "making a mistake" in this game has been altered with these all "changes" and if something isn't done to put an end to it, we will have to literally play "perfect" within the tiniest of margins in order not to die. Sad, because that's probably what the developers want.

I was just saying as when doing arena, I only noticed it with bishop because the fight took longer because I kept getting hit after the medium. I’ve not noticed it using anyone else but i guess I don’t have every champion yet.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Maybe I'm asking the wrong question, maybe it's not "recovery timings", maybe it's something else, BUT SOMETHING HAS CHANGED with this game to our detriment, slowly and incrementally, over a period of many months.

What content were you able to clear many months ago that you are not able to clear now?
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    I'm doing map 6 today, and not for anything could I properly evade AV's unblockable Sp 1. I had the same problem described by the OP. I read his issues and decided to use GR in case I encountered the same problem and I wouldn't bleed out to death. So said so done and GR said bye bye anyway.

Also my Blade took hits to his face instead of evading when I tried to swipe away after a parry didn't register and he blocked instead. Twice this happened and Blade said bye bye. Man this is gonna be an expensive Map 6 for me lol. But once Kabam makes their money through players having to buy expensive potions and revives then I guess they're perfectly fine with the status quo.

IPhone 6s plus. iOS 10.3.2
  • Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    Same here, and I'm using an IPhone 8.
  • SammichSammich Posts: 8
    Noticed the issues with bishop and others immediately after update.
  • SammichSammich Posts: 8
    Man, I’m testing bishop heavily and he’s busted af... please mike have someone who actually plays the game look into this
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    Maybe I'm asking the wrong question, maybe it's not "recovery timings", maybe it's something else, BUT SOMETHING HAS CHANGED with this game to our detriment, slowly and incrementally, over a period of many months.

What content were you able to clear many months ago that you are not able to clear now?

I've been cheated out of so many completely unnecessary deaths wasting my potions and units this past year it's to hard to get an accurate count.
  • loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★
    On a side note I reinstalled the game on My Iphone 7 plus and it took 45 minutes to download 589 MB. I have a 1 gig connection with nothing being used since the family is in bed and my Iphone is only being used on wifi since it is a backup phone. Something is definitely wrong if it took 45 minutes to download.

"Im not saying, Im just saying"
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Interesting note to go along with the block-lock theory...

I tested it out in arena, and if YOU go MLLLL on an enemy's block, they will be rendered unable to punish you and you will safely block their return attack as well. Looks like this bug can help the players, too.
  • MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    YoMoves wrote: »
    Interesting note to go along with the block-lock theory...

I tested it out in arena, and if YOU go MLLLL on an enemy's block, they will be rendered unable to punish you and you will safely block their return attack as well. Looks like this bug can help the players, too.

Arena is the area where AI mostly behave normally. Anyone with decent skill can beat AI in arenas blindfolded. AQ, AW are different story though. I noticed that AI in AQ has a little “pause” before player prepare to attack, then they’re always faster in either blocking, intercepting or countering an atk.
    What does AI have to do with this? I am referring to the original topic, which people have been derailed from-the added lag on hitting a block that is affecting us. That's not AI-related. When I did MLLLL on an enemy's block and they IMMEDIATELY retaliated, they were unable to punish me and I blocked safely. That's all my point was. You just made a rebuttal to an unrelated topic, man.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    What does AI have to do with this? I am referring to the original topic, which people have been derailed from-the added lag on hitting a block that is affecting us. That's not AI-related. When I did MLLLL on an enemy's block and they IMMEDIATELY retaliated, they were unable to punish me and I blocked safely. That's all my point was. You just made a rebuttal to an unrelated topic, man.

Agreed, this thread is becoming about anything and everything that players believe has changed in the game, and that’s not what this thread is for. It just dilutes the real issue and will end up getting the thread closed down.

This thread is about the following issue:

The recovery time after taking a blocked hit appears to have increased, highlighted by the fact that specials which could previously be evaded mid-special now lock the player in place, leading to all hits being taken against the block.

We can observe this effect outside of specials as well, to some degree.

Let’s stay on topic, make another thread for AI changes.
  • NeoVampyrNeoVampyr Posts: 28
    Since update 17.2
    - Got my SP blocked right after a 5 hit combo (happened several times, never before update ...)
    - Parry timing more inconstant

Those problems happened mostly on hard content ... (AQ / AW bosses, uncollected monthly ...)
    That's not what this thread is about @NeoVampyr ...and more importantly someone complains about that EVERY update.
    Hey everyone!

Thanks for the information and thread on this. We're sharing this with the rest of the team and getting it looked into.

Sir, it's obvious that recovery timings have been altered for us while being buffed for the AI. Why are you acting as though this is new information that should be sent to the team?

I'm gonna stop you right there. Nothing has been changed with Block Timing at all. We've already confirmed this with the team. Jumping to conspiracy theories like this is not okay, and is not constructive. We don't make changes without letting you guys know, as long as we are aware.

Ok ... You're facing thousands hours of confirmed player gameplay to your belief with no proof... You may be able to consider not being right ... With this post, you're close to arrogance ... Take it easy and ask the dev team a few test of gameplay on harder content ... It will cool down everybody's mind (yours, mine and all globaly all players that loves this game)
    That's not what this thread is about @NeoVampyr ...and more importantly someone complains about that EVERY update.

We aren't talking about timing issues (evade, block, parry, reconvery ... ) ?
    it's not surprising to think that there is a link between all these timing problems, no?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Right. Calling him out on his own gameplay makes you right? Forget the fact that he's an actual Employee. You know better because you've done End-Game Content. Lol.
    As the OP has asked, can y'all get back to the topic instead of calling Miike out? Lord.
    No, we're not-we're talking about hitstun on block, which is the OP's topic. The topic then unnecessarily spread as it tends to do. Parry timing and things like that are not currently our discussion, as the hitstun on block is noticeable, recordable, and most importantly, recreatable.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Hey everyone!

Thanks for the information and thread on this. We're sharing this with the rest of the team and getting it looked into.

Sir, it's obvious that recovery timings have been altered for us while being buffed for the AI. Why are you acting as though this is new information that should be sent to the team?

I'm gonna stop you right there. Nothing has been changed with Block Timing at all. We've already confirmed this with the team. Jumping to conspiracy theories like this is not okay, and is not constructive. We don't make changes without letting you guys know, as long as we are aware.

@Kabam Miike, as your comment stirred the waters here a little, I'm going to volunteer that what you meant to say was "nothing has intentionally been changed" regarding block recovery time. I believe this is the message you were trying to get across, and if that's the case I'm totally on board with it.

We know that there is an issue with block recovery time because it is now a provable fact, i.e. we have video evidence of partially evading Agent Venom's SP1 all over YouTube, an example of which I posted in this thread, and we have the provable fact that evading the same SP1 mid-special is now not possible.

This is all people need to focus on in this thread, just the facts - not hyperbole, personal attacks or trying to turn this into an answer for every problem anyone has with the game.

Block. Recovery. Time.