**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

GOLD. Is it really an issue?

RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
There have been a lot of posts on gold recently. I wanted to make a post that answers the question is gold a problem in MCOC. Let's get into it.

Gold has recently become a huge topic in MCOC and it mainly is due to increasing cost to rank up champs that simply cost more to rank/level up. Is this the only issue? NO. Lets looks at the whole picture.

Champion level and rank up costs:
2* total cost ~54,000 gold to Level ---- 14,000 gold to Rank ---- 68,000 gold total
3* total cost ~185,000 gold to Level --- 69,000 gold to Rank ---- 254,000 gold total (3.7x the cost of a 2*)
4* total cost ~565,000 gold to Level --- 275,000 gold to Rank---- 840,000 gold total (3.3x the cost of a 3*)
5* total cost ~1,600,000 gold to Level - 1,357,000 gold to Rank- 2,957,000 gold total (3.5x the cost of a 4*)
6* total cost ~548,000 gold to Level 1-25 Rank 1. (529,173 gold to rank from R1 to R2.)

Aq map cost weekly:
Map 1 Cost 0 gold
Map 2 Cost 0 gold
Map 3 Cost 0 gold
Map 4 Cost ???
Map 5 Cost 134,000 gold & 42,000 BC (Exploration rewards: 97,500 gold & 33,375 BC)
Map 5 actual cost: 36,500 gold & 8625 BC
Map 6 Cost 500,000 gold & 83,500 BC (NO EXPLORATION REWARDS)
Map 6 actual cost: 500,000 gold & 83,500 BC

As you can see the cost of progression has skyrocketed, and there has been nothing to alleviate the gold struggle. It's only now coming to focus because of the cost of rank ups, but it would have got to this point with out 6*'s coming to the contest as well. GOLD IS AN ISSUE.

No change has ever been made to gold since I started playing MCOC ~2.5 years ago. The gold crystal is still a joke, BC don't reward enough gold to make them worth while. donation wise it is better for me to donate someone elses BC in exchange for gold because I'll get more gold that way than opening the BC's themselves. Map 6 needs to have exploration rewards to allow top players to have a life, and alleviate some cost. Please don't add a map 7 with increased costs and no exploration rewards I'm dying here as is...

I don't mind grinding I do ~300 rounds per arena, but I'm still not keeping up. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Wolf please halp. Increase gold gain somewhere I don't care where.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    1) Gold has increased in many areas of the game. AW, solo events, increase in AQ payout.

2) 6s are here but they cost half as much to rank as their 5* CR equivalent.

3) Ever heard the idiom work hard play hard? Thats map 6, if you want to play 6x5 you need to work for it as its meant to be cost prohibitive.

4) Enough with the gold threads, you just posted in one before you started this one.

Ever heard of the idiom, work had for fake gold rather than real gold? No. Because that’s stupid. I work hard for real 💸.

Then you can't say it's not available if you're not willing to put the effort in. Lol.
    Is it an issue? That all depends on what you're trying to do. If you're trying to Rank higher Rarities faster than the system will allow, then yes. It's an issue. Is there room for improvement? Perhaps. It will still take time to Rank Champs. The higher the Rarity, the higher the cost, the longer it will take to accumulate Resources. The main argument we hear is that people want Gold but don't have time or don't want to Grind. That always reminds me of the parable of the drowning man, waiting for God to save him. Lol. Fact is, it's not as easy as just adding Gold. All Resourced are balanced, and there's an Economy to the game. It is scaled to allow progression.
    1) Gold has increased in many areas of the game. AW, solo events, increase in AQ payout.

2) 6s are here but they cost half as much to rank as their 5* CR equivalent.

3) Ever heard the idiom work hard play hard? Thats map 6, if you want to play 6x5 you need to work for it as its meant to be cost prohibitive.

4) Enough with the gold threads, you just posted in one before you started this one.

Ever heard of the idiom, work had for fake gold rather than real gold? No. Because that’s stupid. I work hard for real 💸.

Then you can't say it's not available if you're not willing to put the effort in. Lol.

L O L we can point out absurd imbalances all we like. It’s a public forum. It’s the one resource that hasn’t been updated. Willing to put in work, not willing to play the game like a child with no job or family. Keep towing the line bro.

I was responding to the comment you made that you're not willing to work hard for "fake" money. Not much the game can do about that, besides hand out "fake" money because it's fake.
    Is it an issue? That all depends on what you're trying to do. If you're trying to Rank higher Rarities faster than the system will allow, then yes. It's an issue. Is there room for improvement? Perhaps. It will still take time to Rank Champs. The higher the Rarity, the higher the cost, the longer it will take to accumulate Resources. The main argument we hear is that people want Gold but don't have time or don't want to Grind. That always reminds me of the parable of the drowning man, waiting for God to save him. Lol. Fact is, it's not as easy as just adding Gold. All Resourced are balanced, and there's an Economy to the game. It is scaled to allow progression.

There ya go. That’s a well thought out response. Progression stopped after Act 4. Act 5 should’ve been more heavily rewarding gold for wins. It didn’t. There isn’t a better reward for competing at a higher level in Arena. Again, opposite of progression. War progresses slightly but not in relation to costs required to continue to compete at a higher level. Basically there has been no progression in gold generation, only in the need of the resource as players progress. That my friends is a deficit. It has in no way scaled to meet player progression. It’s simply math. The only way to bridge the gap is 2-3 hours of arena a day. Lame.

If 2-3 hours a day in the Arena is lame, then I'm curious what you would call sufficient gameplay to be competitive.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Having map 6 be cost prohibitive is fine, but having it be 13.7x the gold cost and 10x the BC cost is a little much. We don't need a flood of gold we just need an increase in gold values somewhere.

It doesn't matter if it's in the form of map 6 having exploration rewards, BC awarding better values, Gold crystals awarding better values, getting more gold in quests, more in arena, arena cost reduction, etc.

I'm fine in game, but the issue will just get worse. Map 7 will eventually release and ranking up 6* will eventually become needed, however we will still be living from gold realm to gold realm. Unless you were here in the beginning when everything was cheap and have saved a huge surplus. Then lucky you.
    The Gold mainly comes from the Arena. There are other sources, but that's where it comes from. Logging on to move in AQ and War is not going to be enough, since you pointed out those sources. It sounds like the main issue is you don't enjoy Grinding. However, that's where the Gold is. Now, the OP mentioned putting Gold in Map 6 Crystals. Let's say they do that. Then you have all the Cats and the Gold needed to Rank in the Top Allies. Great idea if you're there. Not so much for the overall system. You have the Top advancing at accelerated rates, since they have all the Cats and Gold they need, the Mid is still clammering to get T4CCs, and the Lower is trying to get enough Champs to compete let alone Resources. Everything has a balance, and you need to invest sufficient time and energy into what you need to progress. Having more Champs available doesn't mean they need to change the system to allow those that have more of them to Rank them faster, which would essentially slow progression down for everyone else. The Arena is the main source for Gold, just like AQ is the main source for T4CC. We have to choose what we focus on based on what we need. We also have to wait now and then to Rank Champs.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Issues, Issues. When you snub new players for posting issues and whine, then same applies to you guys. You just whine for different issues.

I don't have enough t4cc yet, but am sitting on 1.4 - 1.7 mil gold consistently and ranking up 4stars. Also have 900k BC for that day when I need some gold.

Doing Arena I usually get 50-70k BC every 3 days, which translates to roughly - 140 to 160k gold for playing a bit of arena. That is 300k gold per week.
    It could be increased ofcourse, but it depends on how many things you are doing in-game. Ofcourse if you do Map 5 consistently, you get less gold, but the purpose of doing map 5 is t4cc and t4bc, not gold necessarily.
    The Gold mainly comes from the Arena. There are other sources, but that's where it comes from. Logging on to move in AQ and War is not going to be enough, since you pointed out those sources. It sounds like the main issue is you don't enjoy Grinding. However, that's where the Gold is. Now, the OP mentioned putting Gold in Map 6 Crystals. Let's say they do that. Then you have all the Cats and the Gold needed to Rank in the Top Allies. Great idea if you're there. Not so much for the overall system. You have the Top advancing at accelerated rates, since they have all the Cats and Gold they need, the Mid is still clammering to get T4CCs, and the Lower is trying to get enough Champs to compete let alone Resources. Everything has a balance, and you need to invest sufficient time and energy into what you need to progress. Having more Champs available doesn't mean they need to change the system to allow those that have more of them to Rank them faster, which would essentially slow progression down for everyone else. The Arena is the main source for Gold, just like AQ is the main source for T4CC. We have to choose what we focus on based on what we need. We also have to wait now and then to Rank Champs.

We know arena is the main source of gold. Point is gold needs adjusted, and it doesn't, to me, matter where it is adjusted.

Also, I never said add gold to map 6 crystals. I said add it to the Exploration rewards which you get in the in-game mail after completing the AQ.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    The time is relative, some people have more or all the time in the world. Others don’t have near as much. The one objective truth here is that gold has not progressed in the same way as the rest of the game. I’m fine committing hours to actual enjoyable game play. AW progressed the number of 5* champs we’ll receive. Glory progressed the resources to rank up. Riddle me this.... where again is gold progression??
    This, plus we also need time to grind story quests, monthly quests, AQ and AW. I grind the arena a fair amount, and it is never enough. It is a poor (pun intended) way to keep players excited about the game.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    Riddle me this.... where again is gold progression??
    Calendars, AW, reduction of map 5 costs, more content, more arenas(you can even 2* for free now), increase in crystal availability meaning more gold from duping champs and selling iso to name a few.

Calendars: Negligible
    Aw: Negligible
    Aq map 5: Doesn't apply
    More content: Wrong. Still has same set energy
    More arenas: Wrong, Still have same set roster
    Crystal availability: what?
    Iso: No. Should never have to sell one needed resource for another needed resource.
    Well you’re wrong, they have all increased gold collectively. Anyone regularly playing arenas doesnt sell iso for the gold, they sell it to keep it from expiring.

You’re simply showcasing how little you put into the game while demanding the rewards others obtain by playing the game.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    The time is relative, some people have more or all the time in the world. Others don’t have near as much. The one objective truth here is that gold has not progressed in the same way as the rest of the game. I’m fine committing hours to actual enjoyable game play. AW progressed the number of 5* champs we’ll receive. Glory progressed the resources to rank up. Riddle me this.... where again is gold progression??
    This, plus we also need time to grind story quests, monthly quests, AQ and AW. I grind the arena a fair amount, and it is never enough. It is a poor (pun intended) way to keep players excited about the game.

If you think playing story/monthly/AQ/AW is a grind then I dont know what points I can make. Those hardly take more than 15-20 minutes of your time every 4-5 hours.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Gold doesn’t affect my rate at ranking up 5* because it takes a while to get enough t1 alphas and t4 basics to rank up those champs. If I had more gold I would spend a lot of it on my 3* to max them out since I’m always selling catalysts used to rank up those champs
    Riddle me this.... where again is gold progression??
    Calendars, AW, reduction of map 5 costs, more content, more arenas(you can even 2* for free now), increase in crystal availability meaning more gold from duping champs and selling iso to name a few.

Calendars: Negligible
    Aw: Negligible
    Aq map 5: Doesn't apply
    More content: Wrong. Still has same set energy
    More arenas: Wrong, Still have same set roster
    Crystal availability: what?
    Iso: No. Should never have to sell one needed resource for another needed resource.
    Well you’re wrong, they have all increased gold collectively. Anyone regularly playing arenas doesnt sell iso for the gold, they sell it to keep it from expiring.

You’re simply showcasing how little you put into the game while demanding the rewards others obtain by playing the game.

You assume a lot as well as derail and abuse forum rules.

Gold has has a negligible increase correct. I never said anything about selling iso for gold, I do sell it to keep it from expiring another assumption you made.

You're simply derailing threads as usual with little ability to debate so you attack :) you will notice I never called you out, but I did point out how wrong you've been.
    If that’s how you see it then it is fairly clear this is an emotional thing for you, so we’ll leave it there. Enjoy your average of >1 daily quest and >57 daily arena fights.

Works for me! Take care. :D
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    The gold problem is very real. The lack of response from the developers is truly puzzling. At some point and that point is very soon people will start losing interest in the game due to the gold crisis alone. It’s very cumbersome to be forced to do excessive arena just to keep your reasonable ranking needs.
    You dont need exessive arena to rank, the OPs profile contradicts that assertion.
This discussion has been closed.