**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Missing 5* champions

Good morning all,

Quick query really - try to hold back the cynicism.

Now that we have 6* champions and 6* feature crystals, when will you start adding all the remaining 4* champions to 5* crystals?

I've made a table (using the most recent prestige calculator list of champs - kudos to mdkosu on Reddit) to highlight the missing, attached below.

19f0p47pzaef.png

Comments

• Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I really want that 5* joe fixit.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Savio444 wrote: »

Not referencing an old discussion Perhaps?Eh?
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Savio444 wrote: »

Not referencing an old discussion Perhaps?Eh?

???
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    @RedBaron99, good list, thanks for putting it up.

There were plenty of discussion in this forum previously asking for some of those older 4* champs to be released as PLAYABLE 5*, however, I think once it was responded that there's NO PLAN for some of those to be released. One of the reason maybe to avoid repeating having some of them to be too OP'ed, like OP 5* SW, OP 5* Wolvy and OP 5* Thor. I suspect they maybe due to some scaling difficulties, what hey what do I know :)

I certainly hope this will be re-assessed and re-visit perhaps in year 2019, however, judging at the rate of new champ releases, it is fair to think that Kabam's focus will be to continue to cash in one new champs, while continue to align to Marvel Universe' theatrical and TV series schedules.

p/s: Don't get me wrong, I really love to have 5* SW, Wolvy, Thor, Vision, I actually even like Black Bolt and Joe, no joke.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Correction to that list there is indeed a 5* kang but yea who doesn't want a 5* electro on debuff immune
  • RedBaron99RedBaron99 Posts: 45
    I don't want to get into the v12 update to derail this, but I thought that was to balance the game and move to a more balanced system so that didn't happen again.

There are also now loads of nodes throughout the game that negate the effectiveness of certain champions, further diminishing the possibilities of old 4* as 5* 'overpowering' the game.

More on-topic, Kabam released that 2* crystal recently to fill in the 2* champs that were missing, which was obviously designed for people who have that Pokemon 'gotta catch them all' mentality... why not do the same for 5*? There is a 4* Daredevil, and now a 6* Daredevil; why no 5*?

@Patchie93 thanks - I'll update with a 5* Kang.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Let me bookmark this thread, bcos I foresee we are going to come back to the same topic yet again in year 2019. We have been in this topic back in year 2017, answered from Kabam is NO. We are in year 2018 and on this topic again, Kabam's response is NO response since they have answered. Let's keep up your good pursue into year 2019 and hopefully the persistence will pay off. I would love to have those 5* added in the future! Cheers!
  • Julius_SeizureJulius_Seizure Posts: 99
    Why the hell would you want to add more garbage to the 5* basic pool? It’s bad enough already.

Pretty much every champ that’s at least decent that hasn’t been added has someone currently in the pool who does their job better. Adding these champs, aside from Deadpool, makes the basic pool proportionately worse. We don’t need more bricks.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    Abomination: Poison, If you bring a Poison immune,You could steamroller through as a 5 or 6*(Don't see why)
    Joe fixit (Don't see why)
    Black bolt (Permanent buffs)There are counters like Loki etc.(But he's re-released as a 6*:smiley:)And that's the case for Gamora, Captain america WW2,Daredevil and X pool Dead force
    All the others have a defensive/offensive ability that would be too op with 200 signature level (Eg:Thor,Electro)