**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam how are you going to fix the mass amount of account sharing in aw ?

I have been playing the game since the beginning and this new aw season you created seems to be a big bad joke , we have huge amount of players login and fighting for alliance members to beat other teams in aw. This is not fair for those who play the game honestly. Please bump up the new season for aq and make the rewards better than aw make prestige be the importance of the game again we have teams that only 1 player die once in aw ,it’s ridiculous please fix this account sharing situation. I don’t think this was the way you wanted this Aw season to work it’s not fair and going to be harder for guys in other tiers to rise when you have 1 guys fighting for enitire alliance bring back prestige and create new aq season asap with better rewards ... you claim to play the game and you are aware of the situation going on what will you to to address this ?

Comments

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    What can they do though really?

Reality is all ally’s have at least 1 person who will account share, almost half or more of the player base would be banned if they banned everyone.
  • What can they do though really?

Reality is all ally’s have at least 1 person who will account share, almost half or more of the player base would be banned if they banned everyone.

Well can't enforce the rules too many people break them is such an asinine arguement
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    I agree, I want it stopped too.

I’ve proof of ally’s piloting wars and it’s so dumb because they boast about their profiles, yet aren’t allowed to fight their own fights.

But realistically they aren’t going to ban everyone account sharing.

Seatin even admitted it on YouTube and nothing happened lol.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    They should give everybody that (they know that) account shares a 3 day ban. Even if they just ban a small portion of the players that actually does it, a lot will stop scared of getting a ban too.
  • Make it a perm ban
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Technically going 1 mph over the speed limit is breaking the law. Do you think everyone who breaks the law in that way deserves a citation? You could go after the small fish who technically break the law but aren't really harming anyone in the big picture. Or you could spend your time going after the worst offenders who bring harm to the game.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Who cares...oh you. Good thing Kabam doesn't either hahahahah
  • CadecusCadecus Posts: 16
    I’m trying to understand the complaint here. The alliances you are facing are beating you? What if they weren’t account sharing and everybody in the alliance was just that good? You know they are account sharing how?

Should they do it, of course not, but I’m not sure how it makes it unfair? Should Kabam be putting a cap on the number of good players an alliance can have as well? Gotta keep it fair, right?

There’s a lot of things in this game that need to be fixed, this one just doesn’t make sense to me. It’s against the rules and they should be penalized, no question. But I’d rather Kabam focused on the rest of the problems in this game than put ANY effort into this at all.
  • Harada78Harada78 Posts: 31
    This is a big issue that the rewards in rewards structure in aw it’s not fair and it unfair for top teams to be abusing this in such a way ‘we even have teams paying for 1 player to moves all 30account I see this is hurting Kabam revenue as well don’t see this new aw being a positive addition to the contest when the system is being abuse in such a way. Like how are the players who want to grow and compete fairly ever going to be able to reach higher tiers we have teams completing aw with 1death and no one buying potion or revives because most are being piloted. Fix the issue or increase the tier sizes ‘ create a new aq season to offset this aw flawed system like not fair that you guys keep rewarding cheaters with the top prizes ,,,
  • ninexhelixninexhelix Posts: 136
    If they wanted to curb it they could institute a 4 day ban on a 31 day month. Then make the 28th day calendar reward something everyone wants, 6 star shards, t5b fragments, something, heck maybe 2 different rewards for collected vs uncollected. Do it once and it will make people think twice about continuing. Think of it as a speed trap in a school zone. Just needs to happen once, and the vast majority of people will fall back in line.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Unfortunately I don't think they will do much, it's well known in the communities that most of the Master group has 1 or 2 pilots as well as many in Plat 1, 2 and 3. It's not fair competition but I don't see anything being done about it ever.
  • It's possible I missed the complaints about losing... But usually these threads aren't even talking about losing. More the fact that a lot of alliances are breaking the rules to stay in top tiers and get rewards... Which keeps every alliance ranked lower than them one spot from where they should be for each cheating alliance. It's pretty simple and straightforward. And as I said in another thread, saying it isn't happening on a widespread basis is either real or feigned ignorance.
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    Technically going 1 mph over the speed limit is breaking the law. Do you think everyone who breaks the law in that way deserves a citation? You could go after the small fish who technically break the law but aren't really harming anyone in the big picture. Or you could spend your time going after the worst offenders who bring harm to the game.

Terrible example.

In AW, players who are piloted are being played for for lack of skill or lack of time to play. This means that the team they are fighting is losing rewards based around an unfair advantage. Rather than improving player abilities or people just needing to be mature enough to accept that they cannot have the time to play with a team, they break the established rules of the game and cheat for it. This costs the other team the fair win, taking away shards and ranking placement (so further rewards) they rightfully should have obtained. This means that players that follow the rules are punished and players that break the rules are rewarded.

If the company refuses to punish this, then it only serves to encourage others to do it, making the point of rules meaningless.

So in the example of speeding, speeding tickets do get issued to people. Everyone? No. But people still get them. Police identify speeders and issue them tickets. But if I were to make a YouTube video of me speeding, racing down a highway because I need to get somewhere for Valentines Day, and I don't care about others on the road with me because ME, ME, ME!!!, then it would be greatly disappointing if the Police did not issue me a punishment for my actions, especially if I am foolish enough to boast about it in a video, and how the spineless Police won't go after me.
  • Perm bans and the issue is solved forever
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    i mean because only one player died that does not mean they shared account what if they're just skilled, i usually dont die when i do AW doing my lane, does that mean i'm sharing and how's your defense, i one shot a 5 star 4/55 modok yesterday mini boss with my 4star blade does that mean i cheated come on.
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    Cadecus wrote: »
    I’m trying to understand the complaint here. The alliances you are facing are beating you? What if they weren’t account sharing and everybody in the alliance was just that good?

Well they’re not as good and thus they pilot. The complaint is substantial rewards are being lost as well as units spent to to attempt to be at that false level.

People admit to doing it, it is kind of obvious by actions taken, we know it happens a lot.

The solution is pretty simple. Temp ban on each offense and cause them to lose their wars.

• TeoskiTeoski Posts: 8
    People from technical perspective this is impossible to do/remove completely. Please understand that no matter how many threads you post on this topic developers will not be able to address it. I do not think that developers would have anything against your suggestions but they just cannot do it.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi all!

While I understand that the issue of account sharing is one players feel very passionately about, we've made our stance on the issue very clear and additional discussions about the topic are not necessary. We do take violations of the terms of service seriously, and regularly take action against accounts found in violations of the rules.

You can read more about on stance on cheating and player conduct here.
This discussion has been closed.