**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Your hopes for Season 2 of AW?

GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
Personally, my biggest one is a reduced season length.

Comments

• BourneNationBourneNation Posts: 32
    No
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    Grimmbear wrote: »
    Personally, my biggest one is a reduced season length.

Would be nice.

• FactorQFactorQ Posts: 110
    1. Break lower tiers (Gold 1+) into more tiered rewards to give more alliances opportunities to earn T2A/6* shards/T5B, similar to AQ implementation.
    2. Shorter season
    3. Better tuning for tier multipliers. Current multipliers don't allow for much movement

Other non-season specific AW gripes include static potion availability/costs despite power creep, poor policing/compensation for facing cheaters, broken previews for persistent charge champs.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    No more AW piloting/AW mercenaries being hired in top AW tier alliances
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    I don't know guys. THere are many things that are not fair about the structure. It was BS that tier meant a very minimal amount to straight up being the deciding factor in how many points you score in season and your rewards. The multipliers were handled poorly.

you know what would make wars somewhat fair relating to piloting..... is to make it to where multiple accounts have to simultaneously do attacks. This would be far too complex for lower alliances, but say...

Once you hit tier 1, some sort of attack queue.

Just get rid of powered up nodes.

You can only do your war attacks in chunks of X simultaneous attacks.... like click ready and when X guys are ready in a bg to do attacks you all go in to your fights

This would at least indicate there are X different attackers in the alliance.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Honestly, I don't have an issue with the setup as-is. The length is fine with me. If they reduced it, the Rewards would probably be reduced to reflect that, and that would make it feel even less worth it to me. The cheating is always a problem for me, but I'm not entirely convinced there's anything that can be done to solve it within the design of the Season. Once we start altering it because of violations, it limits other Players, and I don't see one problem solving another. Now, I'm not saying it shouldn't be addressed. They're doing what they can to address cheating, as we have seen with Allies losing Rating. There might be room to be more diligent with it. I'm just not for changing the Season itself because of it. If anything, it's highlighting it so they can deal with it better. Perhaps an adjustment to better scale Rewards is about the only suggestion I would have.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    30 day season

Tighten up on cheating/TOS violations in the competitive tiers, it’s only 300-400 alliances

Better rewards :)

Fix AW synergies

• roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    Gold 1000 should NOT be getting the same rewards as gold #1. They're not fighting the same fights by a long shot.

There's way too much disparity for gold 1 bracket between the top and bottom.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Stop changing the ai to do things we cant
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    Shorter seasons definitely.
  • Change the 2* wars where people can gain max points without any effort.