**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Corvus Glaive still dying with full glaive charges

BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,256 ★★★★★
Tested corvus glaive in normal rift with DS to see if his immunity or cruelty buff would nullify. Checking out his immortality, I let him use all his glaive charges, waited out the cooldown and hit him with an L3 once he had all 20 again and his immunity procced but before he could hit me and waste a charge. 3g8w7js6xmlm.jpeg
. He died from the one hit. Direct KO from the L3. I assume this isn’t supposed to be what happens.

Comments

• Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Most players haven't seen him yet in game
    edited April 2018
    Tested corvus glaive in normal rift with DS to see if his immunity or cruelty buff would nullify. Checking out his immortality, I let him use all his glaive charges, waited out the cooldown and hit him with an L3 once he had all 20 again and his immunity procced but before he could hit me and waste a charge. 3g8w7js6xmlm.jpeg
    . He died from the one hit. Direct KO from the L3. I assume this isn’t supposed to be what happens.

Um yes it is

Ds has more attack than him in this matchup and has class advantage too

Anyway, wait until the event quest in 2 days time for him to get his revenge
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Doesn't Dr. Strange nullify Glaives charges with the 3rd special?
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,256 ★★★★★
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    Doesn't Dr. Strange nullify Glaives charges with the 3rd special?
    It shouldn’t since his buff is passive counterspell doesn’t nullify them and the fate seal kicks in after the L3.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★

Um yes it is

Are you people just trolling?

wqytd9q3zo5o.png

Try reading the rest of CG's description. Specials and heavy attacks temporarily remove his immunity for a few seconds.

So, working as intended.
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    i am curious what BS nodes they will put on him to make Uncollected a pain to fight

Try reading the rest of CG's description. Specials and heavy attacks temporarily remove his immunity for a few seconds.

So, working as intended.

Knocked Down is when they actually get knocked down and have to get up from a heavy or special, not the instant you do it. So he should come out of the L3 fate sealed and not dead with either 100% hp and no charges or 1 hp and no charges (depending on how they implement his sig). In any case, the important part is not dead.
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Asskicker wrote: »
    Why are you testing a character which hasn't even been released yet? 😂
    Because in a few days we’ll have to fight him in events and AW and decide if we want to have him in our rosters? Have to fight him anyway to finish the rift, so it only makes sense to see if he’s broken, trash, or OP. Here’s your sign.

So you thought it was a good idea letting kabam know that he's bugged so that they make him OP again when we have to do uncollected when they are already known to add unfair and messed up EXTRA buffs in that mode huh?

Maybe use your head for a change and look 1 step ahead instead of trying to be a damn kabam's pet smartass!
    Strategic wrote: »
    Asskicker wrote: »
    Why are you testing a character which hasn't even been released yet? 😂
    Because in a few days we’ll have to fight him in events and AW and decide if we want to have him in our rosters? Have to fight him anyway to finish the rift, so it only makes sense to see if he’s broken, trash, or OP. Here’s your sign.

So you thought it was a good idea letting kabam know that he's bugged so that they make him OP again when we have to do uncollected when they are already known to add unfair and messed up EXTRA buffs in that mode huh?

Maybe use your head for a change and look 1 step ahead instead of trying to be a damn kabam's pet smartass!

Broken champs aren’t good for anyone. Don’t be that loser. If you can’t handle uncollected without crying unfair, you probably shouldn’t be there.
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    But does this really suprise anyone? You really thought that they could desing even one flawless champ :trollface:
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    @BigPoppaCBONE , thanks for taking the liberty to test out CG, and thanks for sharing your experience.
    Just curious about the icon of his ability,

Is this his Glaive Charges? Similar look to recon but in orange
    ap1p9perbo27.png

and Is this his Immunity?
    gqkrfrubkrsf.png

The above-mentioned 2 icons seem new.

On older champs, this was RECON but obviously it was red in color for Falcon's ability
    9iudhqh0vxfx.png

On older champs, this was FOCUSED and it was obviously yellow in color
    auzrfw2y38uw.png

Thanks.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    I killed him with a Hyperion SP3 too and he had 20 Glaive charges. Pretty sure the champ hasn’t been fully done up.

Um yes it is

Are you people just trolling?

wqytd9q3zo5o.png

Well I was not aware of this
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    shchong2 wrote: »
    @BigPoppaCBONE , thanks for taking the liberty to test out CG, and thanks for sharing your experience.
    Just curious about the icon of his ability,

Is this his Glaive Charges? Similar look to recon but in orange
    ap1p9perbo27.png

and Is this his Immunity?
    gqkrfrubkrsf.png

The above-mentioned 2 icons seem new.

On older champs, this was RECON but obviously it was red in color for Falcon's ability
    9iudhqh0vxfx.png

On older champs, this was FOCUSED and it was obviously yellow in color
    auzrfw2y38uw.png

Thanks.

Yes, orange icon with the number is his Glaive Charge and the purple icon with and arrow pointing down is his True Damage charge.
    True Damage might be means his damage will not be reduced by any Physical Resistance and Armor Up buff the opponent has.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    BTW, with the constant bugs on new champs is a sign that we all should just leave this game. The developers are so incompetent with their jobs and not noticing these bugs before releasing them. It's as if they let us be their lab rats. If there's no bugs report, cool. If there is bugs report, they will say "We will fix it in the upcoming update" which takes 12 months (ever worse, it might not get fixed).
    Corvus Glaive is still broken. This exact same thing happens with the version released to players. Please fix this. It makes his “immortality” worthless because it only works against light and medium attacks that have no effects.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Heavy attacks and specials shuts down immortality for 3seconds if I recall
    This is not a bug
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    This is not a bug

Yeah that’s it. The easy way to make Corvus not have punisher/hela endured is to kill him with a special.
    This is not a bug

It’s disabled when he is Knocked Down by a heavy or special, yes. He should get up with 1% showing and his immunity disabled. Instead, he just dies.
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    Yeah that’s it. The easy way to make Corvus not have punisher/hela endured is to kill him with a special.
    That’s because he’s currently broken.
    This is not a bug

It’s disabled when he is Knocked Down by a heavy or special, yes. He should get up with 1% showing and his immunity disabled. Instead, he just dies.

Pretty sure its working as intended
    The hit that disables it counts as the killing blow else it'll be unfair to champs like Phoenix whose heavy is a single hit
    Its not a bug
    This is not a bug

The hit that disables it counts as the killing blow else it'll be unfair to champs like Phoenix whose heavy is a single hit
    Its not a bug

What? Unless your heavy hits more than once, it’s not fair? SMH. Fairness nonsense aside, the ability description says “knocked down”, currently he just dies without being knocked down. They should change the description to say “cannot die except by any heavy attack or any special attack with or without any additional DOT effect(s)”. Not nearly as flashy.

How is this so hard for people to understand?

The ability uses “Knocked Down” otherwise any multi-hit heavy or special would kill him. It is the easiest indicator that the attack has run its course. As for L3s, Kabam has stated many times that they are considered 1 hit, no matter what the combo counter says.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    If he is knocked down (any heavy hit or Special attack), he loses all of his charges and can die. How hard is it for you to understand?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    It appears you feel that the heavy or special attack that knocks him down should then remove the charges, making his next hit able to kill him.

It's an order of operations question. Can the hit that remove the charges also kill him? As he currently works, the answer is yes, but the OP feels Glaive should get one more hit.
    This is not a bug

Its not a bug

What? Unless your heavy hits more than once, it’s not fair? SMH. Fairness nonsense aside, the ability description says “knocked down”, currently he just dies without being knocked down. They should change the description to say “cannot die except by any heavy attack or any special attack with or without any additional DOT effect(s)”. Not nearly as flashy.

The ability uses “Knocked Down” otherwise any multi-hit heavy or special would kill him. It is the easiest indicator that the attack has run its course. As for L3s, Kabam has stated many times that they are considered 1 hit, no matter what the combo counter says.

How hard is it for you to understand that the hit that knocks him down is the killing blow based on game mechanic? You want the text in his abilities to be changed fine but stop crying that its a bug cuz it's not.
    If it was I'm pretty sure a mod would have labeled this discussion as under investigation.
    Rather lemme break it down for you
    When corvus gets hit by a heavy, two things happen simultaneously at that instant. One, his immunity is shut down for 3seconds and two, he receives heavy attack damage.
    Kabam's design makes it so that his immunity is shut down right before he takes any damage. You aren't a computer so you probably can't notice the delay but if you understand a bit of multi-threading you would grab a little but meh keep whining
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    It appears you feel that the heavy or special attack that knocks him down should then remove the charges, making his next hit able to kill him.

It's an order of operations question. Can the hit that remove the charges also kill him? As he currently works, the answer is yes, but the OP feels Glaive should get one more hit.

Consistency between the descriptions and the reality is all I want. If he will die no matter his active charge status from a sufficiently powerful heavy or special, then what is the point of having the ability in the first place?
    This is not a bug

Its not a bug

How hard is it for you to understand that the hit that knocks him down is the killing blow based on game mechanic? You want the text in his abilities to be changed fine but stop crying that its a bug cuz it's not.
    If it was I'm pretty sure a mod would have labeled this discussion as under investigation.
    Rather lemme break it down for you
    When corvus gets hit by a heavy, two things happen simultaneously at that instant. One, his immunity is shut down for 3seconds and two, he receives heavy attack damage.
    Kabam's design makes it so that his immunity is shut down right before he takes any damage. You aren't a computer so you probably can't notice the delay but if you understand a bit of multi-threading you would grab a little but meh keep whining

You do get +5 internet troll points for being condescending while missing the point, so you can strut a little about that.
    Kabam's design makes it so that his immunity is shut down right before he takes any damage.

The design doesn’t match what the ability says and doesn’t make sense from an action-reaction standpoint. Remember back when recoil damage was applied before the special? Same basic idea.

When did a mod response become the true sign that something was needing correcting in this game?

This is gimpy the same way an L3 eats up all of Killmonger’s indestructible charges despite counting as only 1 hit according to Kabam.
    edited May 2018
    I'm not missing the point tho
    Like you said remember back when recoil damage came before the special?
    Apply that in this scenario.
    Immunity disables with that first heavy attack hit or special and corvus takes damage right after which kills him since he's practically meant to be dead.
    I see no error here even from the current description
    My first encounter with corvus in event quest, I already grabbed that to kill him, you need to use a special attack or heavy.

I do get your point tho but your issue is with the text description and not the mechanic

Also I'm not sure if multi threading applies to this case but its the only plausible explanation based on my current school level :smile: