**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Friendly Discussion

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
I'm in the mood for a little friendly discussion. I was going to post separate Threads for both discussions, but I thought I would condense them just to keep it less cluttered. Feel free to share your experiences. :)

1. Hail Mary - For some reason, I always fight better under pressure. I have a habit of kicking into overdrive when I'm almost out. I don't know how many Matches I've won with 1% Health left. Any stories about this happening to you? Was it an important Fight? What's your Hail Mary Story?

2. Small World - Not very often, but every once in a while, I'll come across someone in the Arena that I know. It's happened a few times, with Ally Members, former Ally Members, people I've seen on Global,....always makes the game feel a little less.....Global. Lol. Anyone run into people you know in the Arena?

Just a couple interesting topics to me. Thanks.

Comments

• EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    1: only fight I really remember in that context is the fight against Hulk in rol, was the day before the end of the pb-era. 2 weeks I think before that I finally managed to pull a 4* DS, thus finally getting a pb-team. When the announcement came that it would cease to exist I was like, well gotta get rol done before that. Practiced a bit and went in, screwed up a lot & when I got to the fight against Hulk I was basically out of revives, potions and units. DS was at low health & I was sweating the whole fight, really anxious to screw up & miss an evade or something. Got lucky & managed to take hulk out in 1 go.

2: When I pay attention I do notice that I come across former ally members in the arena, when I keep the same teams I’ve noticed that I keep coming across the same opponents in the same arena. When I switch it around a bit I encounter different opponents who are unknown to me.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    I don't have big stories to tell but when I went up against a stun immune/bleed immune 13.5k Night Crawler in aw, my heart beat went through the roof as I kept pounding him with Angela :wink:

Finally won the fight and I was never so nervous against a NC. I'm still a new player (4 months and going on)

I don't pay attention to the arena opponents, just keep grinding till I get to the needed score, while taking care of my 2 month old.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Thanks for sharing. I know the feeling of sweating Fights. Lol. Sometimes it works to my advantage. Other times I have to take a break and go back to it.
    My friends always get a kick out of when I fight them in the Arena. They always ask "How did I do?". Lol. Technically it's the AI, but it's still cool running into their Champs.
    1: only fight I really remember in that context is the fight against Hulk in rol, was the day before the end of the pb-era. 2 weeks I think before that I finally managed to pull a 4* DS, thus finally getting a pb-team. When the announcement came that it would cease to exist I was like, well gotta get rol done before that. Practiced a bit and went in, screwed up a lot & when I got to the fight against Hulk I was basically out of revives, potions and units. DS was at low health & I was sweating the whole fight, really anxious to screw up & miss an evade or something. Got lucky & managed to take hulk out in 1 go.

2: When I pay attention I do notice that I come across former ally members in the arena, when I keep the same teams I’ve noticed that I keep coming across the same opponents in the same arena. When I switch it around a bit I encounter different opponents who are unknown to me.

Thanks for sharing. I know the feeling of sweating Fights. Lol. Sometimes it works to my advantage. Other times I have to take a break and go back to it.
    My friends always get a kick out of when I fight them in the Arena. They also as
    I don't have big stories to tell but when I went up against a stun immune/bleed immune 13.5k Night Crawler in aw, my heart beat went through the roof as I kept pounding him with Angela :wink:

Finally won the fight and I was never so nervous against a NC. I'm still a new player (4 months and going on)

I don't pay attention to the arena opponents, just keep grinding till I get to the needed score, while taking care of my 2 month old.

NC is intense sometimes. Probably one of the most frustrating Fights for me when the Evade is high. He won't always switch to Swashbucker. Very clever design indeed. Lol.
  • KyleMKyleM Posts: 129
    Personally I am quite new (9 months in) but the fight that springs to mind was in the black panther trials of infinite and my opponent was green goblin I had just upgraded my 4* medusa after pulling her when she came out at r3 she did more than most. The nodes when crazy but after dropping to 25% health somehow I managed to defeat him with sp1 followed by sp2 twice
    Awesome. It's funny, those Wins are more enjoyable. :)
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★

When I go godmode when an opponent,like Rol ws,hits 1%,I go full Pressures on!
    Also,I Only notice the same players sometimes even if I take different champs into arena,lol

Also,When I've taken a good amount of hits already.

Also,I Only notice the same players sometimes even if I take different champs into arena,lol

Yes I've seen some repeats. Actually, I fought the same Opponent back-to-back tonight in the Cat Arena. Lol.

Yes I've seen some repeats. Actually, I fought the same Opponent back-to-back tonight in the Cat Arena. Lol.

What arena now...Oh,lol
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    1. I have had 2 occasions where my OG BP hit his L3 close to death and multiplied the bleeds on the opponent to 12-14 stacks and saved my butt.
    2. I haven't run into anyone I know, but have had others screenshot themselves fighting one of my teams...but to be honest, if I am arena grinding...part of my brain shuts down and I might not notice.
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    edited April 2018
    was fighting in AW recently and pushed DPX accidently to his l3 killed him with 2% health left rushing to kill him before the bleed damage killed me

my small world moment actual went from in game to out of game where my old alliance leader was actually a family friend of someone I went to highschool with
  • Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    During AW and AQ, I usually do the best when I have a balance between nervous and confident lol.
    When I’m too nervous, I usually get wrecked by an evade champ or release my block...when I’m overconfident, I usually get slammed by one of the bugs!
    And to what @charaderdude2 said, I usually see the same opponent when I take in the same team.
    whaler213 wrote: »
    was fighting in AW recently and pushed DPX accidently to his l3 killed him with 2% health left rushing to kill him before the bleed damage killed me

my small world moment actual went from in game to out of game where my old alliance leader was actually a family friend of someone I went to highschool with

That's cool, actually. Never ran into anyone IRL. I've made friends in the game and stayed in touch that way, though.
    Friends? What are those?
    Cats73 wrote: »
    Friends? What are those?

Those are the people who message me when I'm Grinding. XD
    Haha...”What are you doing?” “Why are you on your phone all day?” “WE HAVE AN APPOINTMENT TONIGHT GET OFF YOUR PHONE”
    I usually only get in the pool(getting the lowest ranked rewards) in arena, but when I actually go for a champ...RIP my social life
    edited April 2018
    Cats73 wrote: »
    Haha...”What are you doing?” “Why are you on your phone all day?” “WE HAVE AN APPOINTMENT TONIGHT GET OFF YOUR PHONE”
    I usually only get in the pool(getting the lowest ranked rewards) in arena, but when I actually go for a champ...RIP my social life

Lmao! All my friends are aware of my habits. Making plans usually revolves around what Arena is going on. I've stopped apologizing and just accepted the reality of it.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    I’ve only entered “the zone” a few notable times.

My first RoL run and whenever I farm WS potions. When using Luke Cage against Hyperion, and whenever I use Starlord in general

Once when I was out of rerolls and finally got a good roll on the last labs. Expert difficulty, beast with buffet. Nothing but Starlord with 700 health.

Devils advocate challenge. Morningstar… Ultron was beaten bad and I had her on the ropes but I couldn’t risk her stealing my regen at all so my fake blocking to trigger her heavy and taunting her specials across the stage.

Mephisto in Act5! Last night. Was prepared to drop 30% attack and 35% attack boosts plus additional science power boosts for Luke Cage. I was intentionally letting him hit me with L1 at close range when he was about to go and nail me with that Node-Aura and ALMOST at L2. Tanked it ALL! Incinerate timed out before invincible and I slammed an L3 reversing the tail of his aura a bit and then slammed destroyed him using only 1 revive.
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    I’ve only entered “the zone” a few notable times.

My first RoL run and whenever I farm WS potions. When using Luke Cage against Hyperion, and whenever I use Starlord in general

Once when I was out of rerolls and finally got a good roll on the last labs. Expert difficulty, beast with buffet. Nothing but Starlord with 700 health.

Devils advocate challenge. Morningstar… Ultron was beaten bad and I had her on the ropes but I couldn’t risk her stealing my regen at all so my fake blocking to trigger her heavy and taunting her specials across the stage.

Mephisto in Act5! Last night. Was prepared to drop 30% attack and 35% attack boosts plus additional science power boosts for Luke Cage. I was intentionally letting him hit me with L1 at close range when he was about to go and nail me with that Node-Aura and ALMOST at L2. Tanked it ALL! Incinerate timed out before invincible and I slammed an L3 reversing the tail of his aura a bit and then slammed destroyed him using only 1 revive.

Sick Fights.
    edited April 2018
    I’ve entered the zone a few times as well:
    Collector: had him at 15%. The guy kept triggering unstoppable and overload, and I started tapping furiously to evade and intercept him.
    Iceman(boss rush): used health boost with sparky, and absolutely DESTROYED him.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Here is a nice meme for u guys jzrk2g1qwrqs.jpg