**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Quest Miniboss and Sentinel Refresh - April 2018 - Discussion Thread [Updated April 13]

Comments

• Vince1976Vince1976 Posts: 44
    s15rfzlealdf.jpg
  • Wow
    \
    Ascoop24 wrote: »
    420sam wrote: »
    So, you are making it more difficult yet not adjusting anything like rewards or even glory? Can I ask why? How does this benefit the players?

As we said in that post, we are working on a full refresh. We are not at a place or time where we can increase the rewards or fully refresh the mode right now.

If you aren't at a place or time to refresh the rewards then you shouldn't be at a place or time to refresh the difficulty. One should not go without the other. This is a great example of pure laziness

But how are you so sure that the difficulty has gotten worse?

Granted, Bleed and Poison champions may not be as effective in Alliance Quests as they were before, but Sentinels melt at the power of a Armor Break Champion, and a lot of the new Mini-Bosses have very common counters!

How many armor break champions have regen?
    Ironman, ultron and SIM from memory.

I wish I had a dupped one of those as 5 star!
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Wow
    \
    So, you are making it more difficult yet not adjusting anything like rewards or even glory? Can I ask why? How does this benefit the players?

As we said in that post, we are working on a full refresh. We are not at a place or time where we can increase the rewards or fully refresh the mode right now.

If you aren't at a place or time to refresh the rewards then you shouldn't be at a place or time to refresh the difficulty. One should not go without the other. This is a great example of pure laziness

Granted, Bleed and Poison champions may not be as effective in Alliance Quests as they were before, but Sentinels melt at the power of a Armor Break Champion, and a lot of the new Mini-Bosses have very common counters!

Ultron (MCU) does not. IP does. King Groot and DS do also.
  • RawInstinctRawInstinct Posts: 61
    All I can say is get ready for a lot of people leaving the game most wont even care about the rewards anymore
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    just used x23 on the first sentinel. Not bad. Pushed him to 3 bars of power and he used sp2 twice. Longer fight than I normally see on Day 1 though.
    All I can say is get ready for a lot of people leaving the game most wont even care about the rewards anymore

This is exactly how I felt after my first couple of fights against these new additions. Symbioids were used as rest stops before. Now these are the most annoying fights. This does not encourage me to play more or spend at all.
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    Is there an easy to access breakdown of the new sentinel abilities? I was just fighting the science one and got a bunch of weird looking debuffs applied to me when I hit him with a special.
    vtxe6vd7a4ic.jpeg

• KhanMedina wrote: »
    Wow
    \

Ultron (MCU) does not. IP does. King Groot and DS do also.

My mistake on ultron. I must have been thinking of armour up.thought I saw him armour break once
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

If people are going to leave the game because something is new and more challenging, they're not going to last the long haul either way.
  • KhanMedina wrote: »

This is exactly how I felt after my first couple of fights against these new additions. Symbioids were used as rest stops before. Now these are the most annoying fights. This does not encourage me to play more or spend at all.

They use to be my easy recharge points.
  • NorthwestbrosefNorthwestbrosef Posts: 156
    Well, I suppose my favorite champion (x23) and wolverine, both rank 5 4* champs, have now been relegated to the monthly quest. Looks like I'll be ranking superior iron man back to rank 5 after I used my one rank down ticket to take him down...

If people are going to leave the game because something is new and more challenging, they're not going to last the long haul either way.

What a surprise, you've once again attacked the fan base for having a problem with something Kabam did. I'm seriously shocked this time.
  • So despite the huge negative reaction to this update you went ahead and pushed it through anyway, bravo kabam you sure know how to kill your own game
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Spidergwen the next AQ god
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Dear gw, you and the mods are the only people stupid enough to be tying to say these aren’t harder. Let’s define harder, more hits to kill, and specials that are harder to evade and damage you through block... in no way easier... =harder
  • SempaidavidSempaidavid Posts: 114
    Congratulation to Kabam for finding a way to make an update to AQ that literally no one wanted. This update doesn’t do anything to make it more interesting or fun. It merely makes champs that we invested in near worthless. I see a lot of 1 star reviews hitting the App Store over this.
  • Sentinals are a horrible idea. #Retiring
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

I definitely don't think people will leave over this. But if they do, oh well.

• SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Wait a second has no one thought of this yet? Guys think about it with the AQ before the changes people could bring champs like ghost rider or the god tiers right? With the new 5 star featured they contain champs who people use most often in AQ and AW so this sentinel change just changed our teams around so that those same god tiers have less use in AQ.

Everything makes so much sense now.
  • Cool_Jam_ASTCool_Jam_AST Posts: 1
    edited April 2018
    It sucks, congratulations Kabam for ruining the game.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Baiting builds analysis, that powergain path is gonna be ridiculous on day 5, 4 hits and bait l1, repeat until timeout