**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ Sentinels [Merged Threads]

Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
edited April 2018 in General Discussion
First there were Adaptoids. Then there were Symbiods. Now you’ve moved to Sentinels, which also happen to be a playable champion. The first two were pretty much different flavors of the same thing. The Sentinels however are very different.

A lot of folks dislike that they are double immune. While that is annoying and raises the difficulty, my biggest concern is that they have a third special level unlike any of their predecessors. It was nice to have a fight here and there where it was still a challenge (Symbiods hit really hard) but not have to worry about them acting like they’re on an all-or-nothing node, as tends to happen to regular champs from time to time. The threat of an L3 raises the difficulty considerably more than the loss of being able to bleed and/or poison them, or even their other native abilities. And as others have pointed out, we’re seeing a decided raise in the level of difficulty for the exact same rewards. You have to know folks are going to theorize this to be a “cash grab” trying to artificially induce the need for more pots. It’s not hard to see where one might get that idea....
Post edited by Kabam Vydious on

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    Your post is missing a lot of information.
    1. You forgot to include Ultron's drones. They were double immune.
    2. The Sentinels can't use their SP3. it's in the release post.
    3. They don't have the same abilities as the playable Sentinel.
    4. Why aren't you complaining about the immune path on map 5 section 2?
    You have to have some sense of strategy now. The old AQ was stale. It was easy and very boring. Now you have to think a bit to win SOME fights. Sentinels are just a part of the AQ map, not the whole thing. Learn to adapt and play better.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Monubean wrote: »
    A lot of ppl are quitting . Kabams bull **** never ends

Source?

Also, please tell me only the complainers are quitting.
  • SeaniboySeaniboy Posts: 21

Mate, you cant evade their SP2. Its impossible. But you can just bait their SP1 and evade.

You can evade Sentinels sp2. You just have to evade, wait, evade, evade.
  • Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    Wasn’t aware they can’t use L3, not sure where you saw that. I just went back and reread the mail in game and the topic here in the forums and it doesn’t mention it.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/58010/alliance-quest-mini-boss-and-sentinel-refresh-april-2018#latest

Can you link where it says that?
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    IOSJasoN wrote: »
    Zane22 wrote: »
    Very first fight killed my champs... and that’s cuz I was evading it’s L2 lol. It sucks but what can we do just take it like always Kabam gonna keep doing it’s dorty tricks... higher difficulty with same rewards... all they gonna say is suck it haha

Mate, you cant evade their SP2. Its impossible. But you can just bait their SP1 and evade.

It's not impossible.. Just a very tight window like dorms SP2.. You need a short delay after the first wave and pull back twice just before second wave hits.. It takes awhile to get the timing right but it can be done..

Did not know that. Thank you for telling me. I still won't risk that small window to evade though. Not worth losing 50% or even all my health due to the base damage plus the incinerate damage. My alliance needs everyone alive to finish AQ.
    edited April 2018
    Beholder_V wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    You have to have some sense of strategy now. The old AQ was stale. It was easy and very boring. Now you have to think a bit to win SOME fights. Sentinels are just a part of the AQ map, not the whole thing. Learn to adapt and play better.

1. Ah ya, forgot about those.
    2. See my above post. Would love a link.
    3. Their abilities depend on their class. The tech ones do have the same abilities, and they all have a couple shared abilities.
    4. What? Because it’s always been there?

If it was too easy and boring for you, feel free to bump up to map6. That’s kind of why there are the different tiers of maps... I’m not opposed to some added content and strategy. What I don’t like is added difficulty without added benefit. Don’t be that guy trying to act all tough saying you must suck if you can’t hang. Not saying that I can’t handle it, I just don’t like working harder for the same pay.

Most of your argument is invalid. we had double immune with ultrons drones. we got through it then, we will be just fine now. I didn't say you suck, i said adapt and get better. You aren't working harder. The job description changed and you have to learn to do it again.
    The reason i brought up the immune path is that its double immune. Sentinels are double immune. Why aren't you upset about that path?
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    Zane22 wrote: »
    Very first fight killed my champs... and that’s cuz I was evading it’s L2 lol. It sucks but what can we do just take it like always Kabam gonna keep doing it’s dorty tricks... higher difficulty with same rewards... all they gonna say is suck it haha

Rly bro? Its easy to dodge the sp 2. U just dodge back, dodge then dodge again, is it rly that hard?
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Just for the record, I'm assigned the immunity path on Map 5 (as the BG officer I assigned it to myself actually) so the immunity of the Sentinels doesn't affect me as much as anyone else, but I still think they were a bad idea. If the specific goal was to address the issue of the AQ map getting "boring" then the one thing that absolutely should not be done under any circumstances is to use the same basic minion on every unnamed node. They do have some class variations to be sure, but so did the Syms. The Syms, on top of that, had different attack animations. Sentinels might be newer, they are definitely stronger, but they arguably have less overall diversity than the Syms did.

My point is that we aren't dealing with anything "new". New champ yes. Double immunity, not new. most people are over thinking the whole situation. I had the immunity path as well for a while and im not worried about them either. I was also around for the Ultron AQ. The main focus people are having is the double immune. Its not new and its been in the game for a long time. After a few rounds of AQ, everyone will ever forget this was ever a thing.
  • abelarmiabelarmi Posts: 86
    Why would Kabam do this? Armor break is the most effective way to fight sentinels. That just puts an unnecessary handicap on the attacker
    Beholder_V wrote: »

1. Ah ya, forgot about those.
    2. See my above post. Would love a link.
    3. Their abilities depend on their class. The tech ones do have the same abilities, and they all have a couple shared abilities.
    4. What? Because it’s always been there?

If it was too easy and boring for you, feel free to bump up to map6. That’s kind of why there are the different tiers of maps... I’m not opposed to some added content and strategy. What I don’t like is added difficulty without added benefit. Don’t be that guy trying to act all tough saying you must suck if you can’t hang. Not saying that I can’t handle it, I just don’t like working harder for the same pay.

Most of your argument is invalid. we had double immune with ultrons drones. we got through it then, we will be just fine now. I didn't say you suck, i said adapt and get better. You aren't working harder. The job description changed and you have to learn to do it again.
    The reason i brought up the immune path is that its double immune. Sentinels are double immune. Why aren't you upset about that path?
    Reading comprehension man. I said double immune ISN’T what bothered me. Very plainly. It was the L3.
  • abelarmiabelarmi Posts: 86
    Thank you for the info. I did fight a skill.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    IMO right now they bring a little bit of difficulty but once you get use to them it will be same old same old
  • tb9p1maahaae.png
    Thanks Taser!
  • Loco24x7Loco24x7 Posts: 68
    s7s99kuxhcy1.png

This was on node 27 in AQ I thought these guys were not suppose to have there S3 even on the screen or active
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Yeah, we figured that out
  • Nebula will be good for all classes if sentinels. Get 5 shock charges and none of their abilities work
    From what folks are saying, he shows 3 bars, and can fill 3 bars, just can’t use L3 special.
This discussion has been closed.