**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ Sentinels [Merged Threads]

Comments

• charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Well,Haven't encountered any problems so far,and why y'all complaining 'bout sentinels?Theyre easy to bait!I think we should complain about the new minibosses instead,lol
  • BrutalMiraBrutalMira Posts: 235
    For me i suggest @Kabam Miike please put sentineloids in map 6 and the map 5 and lower will still a symboid because map 6 is better to be sentineloids because of units spender in health potion but in map 5 and 4 alliance they like only to get the T4B weekly and play for fun hope you @Kabam Miike will understand the feeling of the map 5 players and lower
  • JTChaosJTChaos Posts: 5
    I will keep it short and to the point. I am a skilled player, Plat1 AW, clear 300k easily in old AQ system, LOL run, Elder's Bane title and never shared my account. I say that to state simply that I hate the changes to AQ and its not lack of skill, I really cant stand the Sentinels and the added effort is not worth it (10k rated Sentinels on Day 1 are horrible). I will not spend another dollar for Kabam and once I deplete my resources I will most likely be quitting.
    Use Daredevil, spidey stark, miles morales or ultron
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    I don’t think people should quit the game over this change. @JTChaos

Try to pull back a bit in the alliance play, go solo for a little while. You will find that taking a break from the alliance grind will allow you to appreciate the game a little more.
  • KyrazmomKyrazmom Posts: 159
    The problem I see with Sentinels in AQ is that we can only bring 3 champs. We can’t get class advantage on all of them and baiting specials causes their charge to increase. When their charges are full, their specials become unblockable. In the EQ, we could use 5 champs and bring an attacker for the sentinels with class advantage. The mystic sentinels were a problem for me because they act as if they have md5. Having that 3rd bar available makes it so they get full, use and l2, evading makes them gain l2 again. I could evade the first but the second l2 hit me and I lost 60% health. This is day 1. Day 5 I won’t survive an l2.
  • Kyrazmom wrote: »
    The problem I see with Sentinels in AQ is that we can only bring 3 champs. We can’t get class advantage on all of them and baiting specials causes their charge to increase. When their charges are full, their specials become unblockable. In the EQ, we could use 5 champs and bring an attacker for the sentinels with class advantage. The mystic sentinels were a problem for me because they act as if they have md5. Having that 3rd bar available makes it so they get full, use l2, evading makes them gain l2 again. I could evade the first but the second l2 hit me and I lost 60% health. This is day 1. Day 5 I won’t survive an l2. I won’t spend one more penny on this game. The glitches are terrible and every time they update, there’s more glitches and the timing for parry and blocking are screwed up.

@Kyrazmom what’s the point of baiting a special? Both of the specials are easy to evade. There is no L3
    Yeah sometimes when the fight start the parry will not activate and some times too much baiting to for there special to released it
  • KyrazmomKyrazmom Posts: 159
    I baited the specials because I saw 3 bars for their power. Been busy at work and didn’t have time to read about the changes much. Didn’t know they wouldn’t use l3 until they got there and only used l2. The sentinels are harder than the syms, therefore, the difficulty is bumped up. More difficult maps for the same crappy rewards.
    Your right rewards is the same with this new season
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    The Sentinels were designed to disrupt the normal fighting patterns that many of us use.

When you can over power them, they aren’t difficult but as you get into longer fights with them, the analysis charges become a problem.

1. You can’t block
    2. You can’t evade
    3. You can’t use a 5 hit combo
    4. Mutants are at a severe disadvantage (There’s a social message here)

I’m not a big fan of the multi step evade but it is what it is.

If Medusa is the best Sentinel counter players will have to make a decision if they want to keep her in AW or move her to AQ Attack.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    I say, bring back old map 5, name it 5.1 and let the players play the old map. Make the sentinel map 5 map 5.2 for the ones who find the old map 5 “boring”, and let them bust their enjoyment there.

Problem solved.
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    Kenshio wrote: »
    grind for medusa next week ...

she is this week lol
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    The Sentinels were designed to disrupt the normal fighting patterns that many of us use.

When you can over power them, they aren’t difficult but as you get into longer fights with them, the analysis charges become a problem.

1. You can’t block
    2. You can’t evade
    3. You can’t use a 5 hit combo
    4. Mutants are at a severe disadvantage (There’s a social message here)

I’m not a big fan of the multi step evade but it is what it is.

If Medusa is the best Sentinel counter players will have to make a decision if they want to keep her in AW or move her to AQ Attack.

The Sentinels are quite a handful on the health boost lane. Almost couldn't take out a mutant sentinel in 3mins as it was healing for around 100hp/tick.
  • OnerednovemberOnerednovember Posts: 47
    I believe that Kabam didn't predict how difficult it would be to face sentinels in allies with more than 6.4k starting prestige. If I can accept that day one is always the most challenging day because we don't have the mechanisms to overcome this new changes, I must also state that these Sentinels aren't as easy as most people are saying.

Plus, the gameplay it's awful and Sentinels are making damage through block even when they don't have the necessary levels to do it.

Probably Kabam's intention is to drag people to m6 and force us to grind more and more for resources. It's a genius solution.
  • ZarakikZarakik Posts: 178
    edited April 2018
    They are stupidly strong on day 1 and that unblockable SP2 is completly unblockable, you evade first part and try to block second and it hits you, on day 5 it will be nightmare if you don't have maxed or 5* Medusa
  • Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    I think in that situation it is best to go in with the class advantage, ie, X23, Sabretooth (if you have him already.) Iceman would all work.
  • General__RossGeneral__Ross Posts: 157
    I wouldn’t suggest a mutant, I believe they gain double charges against mutants, regardless the sentineloid’s class. My Angela gave them 50% charges against cosmic AND tech.
  • Taserface597Taserface597 Posts: 87
    edited April 2018
    I wouldn’t suggest a mutant, I believe they gain double charges against mutants, regardless the sentineloid’s class. My Angela gave them 50% charges against cosmic AND tech.

No mutants don’t. That’s only the playable sentinel
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    bux3ctc7m5wy.jpeg

For everyone’s info
  • Scøøby_DøøScøøby_Døø Posts: 89
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    Just me or is this upgrade basically just to combat all of the blades out there? Can’t believe there isn’t an increase to rewards.

Actually all Sentinels are Villains and Blade (with GR) just steamrolls through them.
  • KappaluzzoKappaluzzo Posts: 42
    With symbiods, we have different special and style. With Sentinels, it Sentinel, Sentinel and SENTINEL.
This discussion has been closed.